Rupert Grint to star in “Moonwalkers” Film!

OtherMovieNewsIcon2April 11th, 2014, 6:47pm– silenis-media-audiovisuel-cinéma-moonwalk-dantoine-bardou-jacquet Rumours have been buzzing for weeks that Rupert Grint was set to star in the movie Moonwalkers – and now we are almost as certain as can be since deadline.com (a very reliable source) is reporting it: Rupert will be playing the role of Jonny in the film directed by Antoine Bardou-Jacquet.

Rupert will be starring in this film alongside Ron Perlman (Sons of Anarchy and Hellboy) and former Cherrybomb co-star Robert Sheehan. The film is scheduled start filming in mid-May and until the end of June in Brussels, Belgium.

You can read a synopsis of the film here (we are still unsure if it’s being called Moonwalkers or Moonwalk since both titles are being used around the web):

July 1969. Kidman Tom, a special agent of the CIA, was sent to London to find Stanley Kubrick and convince him to film a fake moon landing in case the Apollo mission would fail. It is not Kubrick, but in its place, Jonny, manager of a seedy rock band. Jonny is the bad dream Kidman. Kidman is the nightmare of Jonny. They have no choice but to work together to accomplish their mission, their lives and develop the biggest scam of all time.

We are still awaiting 100% confirmation from Rupert‘s reps but we hope to get that as soon as possible.

How do you like the sound of this project? Are you excited to see Rupert play Jonny? :D

UPDATE: We have heard from Rupert’s reps, and he is definitely attached to this project and we will hopefully get the 100% confirmation soon, but they are still sorting out the paperwork at the moment. So fingers crossed everybody!

9 Comments to "Rupert Grint to star in “Moonwalkers” Film!"

Dominis
April 11th, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Oh, most definitely! Sounds like an interesting concept for a movie, so I hope it’s true.
I was already wondering what Rupert was up to next (and I’m kind of secretly glad he’s staying away from the big Hollywood productions, shhh, don’t tell anyone…;) I know that’s where all the money and the prestige is, but that’s not what Rupert is about, so – yey, thumbs up for a European setting!).

Linda
April 11th, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I’m so excited about this! Love Ron Perlman. I can’t wait to see Rupert in a movie with him. I love that Robert Sheehan is also said to be in this! He and Rupert have such good chemistry on screen. Hope we get confirmation from his reps! (Fingers crossed)

Your Name
April 11th, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Great cast,cool concept,now the only thing we need is an official confirmation from Rupert’ team.And totally agree with DOMINIS,I always enjoy Rupert’s indie films more. So excited :)

April 12th, 2014 at 11:32 AM

So happy that Rupert is doing this project. I love the totally different spin on the moon landing and that he will working with such a great cast.

I agree that Rupert is definitely more indie, he seems to chose passion projects rather than ones that would bring in the money and fame but is an average movie.

However I don’t think the prestige is in the big blockbusters. Just looking at the major Oscar winners this year like the best actors, supporting actors and film, they’re all indies. I think most actors would choose to do indies, that’s where the stories are great, the cast is great although the audience is smaller, there seems to be more respect shown to indies.

April 13th, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Sounds so good!! :D Can’t wait to get pics from set ^^

Galadriel12
April 13th, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Good news. Hope it will be confirmed by Rupert’s reps soon. The movie sounds interesting. It’s a good thing, IMO, to do before the filming of Enemy of Man can finally begin. I have to admit I really look forward to THAT one. I have a thing for this middle-age movie stuff with knights and armours and swords … To imagine Rupert in that … :D

Anonymous
May 24th, 2014 at 3:29 AM

He defiantly is playing in this movie, i was walking home yesterday and found him waiting by my tram stop off i stopped to take a picture and he told me he was here to play in moonwalkers

Your Name
May 28th, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Hey!
I live right in front of a bar where they are shooting a scene of the movie and definitely saw Rupert!

Your Name
June 5th, 2014 at 8:53 PM

I would love to see this! I loved Rupert since HP and like the chemistry he had w/ Robert Sheenan in Cherry Bomb! I would see anything Rupert was in.