Rupert Grint: Foosball Renamed Underdogs Released August 27th!

March 29th, 2014, 4:13pm–Recently independent film company The Weinstein Company picked up the English dubbed version of “Foosball” which Rupert Grint voices the lead character. They have renamed it to Underdogs and will come out on August 27th, 2014 in the US according to many articles including Variety and The Hollywood Reporter. According to Box Office Mojo, the film will have a wide release and AMC theaters already has it listed on their website. Unfortunately they have yet to release a trailer or a poster, but we will keep you updated as soon as we get more information so please stay tuned!

Meanwhile have you been checking out the kickstarter campaign for Enemy of Man? They have added several new items included full body armour, swords, premiere tickets, and even set visits! They are pass 50% of their targeted goal of $250,000 with seven days to go. Even a dollar can help them get there!

6 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Foosball Renamed Underdogs Released August 27th!"

IheartRupert
March 29th, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I know that Vertigo (UK distributor) tapped Rupert for the voice of Amadeo. However it seems that Weinstein will also do their own recording. Would you know if Rupert will still be a part of the Weinstein version? It was mentioned in other articles that they are yet to announce voice cast for the film. Thanks.

TaoTao
March 29th, 2014 at 7:58 PM

WIll look into it, but I don’t believe it was Vertigo that tapped him. It was the production company, 369 Production, that did it. A distributor wouldn’t be a part of that as far as I know. This was back in September we learned this (they were doing last minute post-production stuff at the time) and in October it was hitting the festival circuit in the UK which presumably means that’s when Vertigo snatched it up. But again, we’re always making sure we’re reporting 100% accuracy. However this seemed like a no-brainer to all of us, but with anything, we can be wrong.

Your Name
March 29th, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I’d watch the original Spanish-voiced version unless the Weinstein version also had Rupert as the leading voice, which I highly doubt will happen. So, waiting for the UK version and UK trailer :)

TaoTao
March 29th, 2014 at 11:48 PM

The US version will be English dubbed. It says so in the articles. The confusion lies in why they didn’t announce who was doing the voicing. Unless TWC had the rights to it around the same time as Vertigo, or at least when the English dubbed version was being made, it seems unlikely to me that they’d get anyone else to dub it. But as I said, we’ll see what we can dig up. And while it’s not 100% solid proof, AMC theaters and ComingSoon.net both have Rupert listed. If I were a betting woman, which I’m not because I don’t like putting money in a system I get nothing in return for :P , I’d bet on the version with Rupert being brought to the US.

March 31st, 2014 at 1:47 AM

@IHeartRupert: To my understanding, a distribution company such as TWC is just for the distribution of the movie. They usual make the decision to distribute the movie after watching the final cut of the movie. I doubt they would make any changes to the movie itself.

sara
April 1st, 2014 at 3:41 PM

They’re going for new voice actors unfortunately.
“The film will also get a new voice track featuring “several notable Hollywood actors.”