Rupert Grint’s Super Clyde Now Online!

SuperClydeIcon2October 8th, 2013, 10:37pm–In what has been a trifecta of news that included a new interview and the Charlie Countryman trailer, we now have some more great news! You may remember a few days ago we let you know that Rupert Grint‘s Super Clyde would be available online at CBS‘s website. True to their word, they have released it. You can watch it here! This is 22 minutes of pure fun and I’m glad that they decided to let us see this gem. Please let us know in the comments what your favorite scene is! Unfortunately CBS has blocked those from other countries. Hopefully a new way will be found for you all. In the mean time though, check out these wonderful stills that have been released right here. I think we can all agree that CBS should have taken a chance on this wonderful show!

41 Comments to "Rupert Grint’s Super Clyde Now Online!"

October 8th, 2013 at 11:04 PM

It kind of sucks that I can’t see the pilot here. I would love to see it, looks like my kind of show!

Anonymous
October 8th, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I’m disappointed that CBS passed this show. It would have been a wonderful opportunity. I enjoyed it and it was really sweet.

Anonymous
October 8th, 2013 at 11:34 PM

To be honest, I didn’t really care much for Rupert during the HP reign. But after they ended and the media started to focus positive energy on Dan and Emma, particularly Emma, and virtually ignore or be rude about Rupert, I looked into his non-Potter work and started to follow news on him (I have a thing for underdogs). He’s really impressed me. I saw CBGB last week and his American accent was spot on. He embodied Cheetah Chrome. And I just watched Super Clyde. IMO, his accent wasn’t as flawless as in CBGB (sometimes he sounded on point, sometimes he sounded awkward – although his character Clyde is shy and awkward). But I saw him as Clyde. And Stephen Fry and Tyler Labine were great as well. The show could have had a lot of potential.

TaoTao
October 9th, 2013 at 12:26 AM

There were a few moments that the pronunciations were more UK then US, but I’d say 98% of the time it was spot on. I think what is weirding people out is that it doesn’t sound like him. His voice is completely different. Which is amazing considering how different he sounded as Cheetah. In my opinion that really shows a lot of how great an actor he is.

I hope CBS is regretting their decision to not pick this up. It is amazing, funny, sweet, and endearing. With a lot of heart. Why pass this up and put We Are Men on the schedule? Which is sure to be cancelled. Mom isn’t doing all that hot. The Crazy Ones, which I did like the pilot, has slipped a lot. And I tried watching The Millers online and had to turn it off within 5 or so minutes.

October 9th, 2013 at 1:00 AM

From reading the comments on the CBS website, it seems like many people loved the pilot and would love to see this to a full season. It’s a shame that CBS wasn’t opened to a new type of comedy especially it seems like We Are Men is sure to be cancelled and that the other comedies aren’t doing so well. Hopefully, I can see it sooner rather than later :)

Denluci
October 9th, 2013 at 1:36 AM

So sad I can’t watch it down here in Australia :( Is there any way other countries can get a chance to watch it? Would love love love to see it!

sara
October 9th, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Such a sweet story and his voice sounds so different!

BTW yahoo also has a complete new second trailer up for charlie countryman! It has new rupert stuff in it so..

Malene
October 9th, 2013 at 2:16 AM

@sara – We posted the trailer before this super clyde news: http://www.rupert-grint.us/wordpress/2013/10/08/first-official-charlie-countryman-trailer-featuring-rupert-grint/

mana
October 9th, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Hi Guys!! I Found this tips for watching the pilot, enjoy it!!!

“Attention if you live outside USA and you want watch #SuperClyde with #rupertgrint & @stephenfry We can I help you.

First you nedd download this http://www.hotspotshield.com/
after you install go to http://www.cbs.com/shows/super-clyde…”

Sara
October 9th, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Malene, there are clearly two different trailers put there with rupert scenes that aren’t in the gallery yet.

Anonymous
October 9th, 2013 at 4:09 AM

Yes, the 2nd Charlie Countryman trailer is different, even the credits. What does Karl say about condoms towards the end? I think it was Karl…sounded like Rupert instead of James.

Linda
October 9th, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Damn! Can’t watch pilot on my ipad.

Malene
October 9th, 2013 at 9:07 AM

@sara – ah yes, you’re right (I didn’t check the trailer in my early morning rush), sorry about that. How weird that they release two different trailers at the same time… but very fitting with the dodgy promotion they’ve had for this film so far.

Sugey Cruz-Everts (@sugeyce)
October 9th, 2013 at 10:02 AM

The pilot was amazing. So upset CBS was dumb and picked “The Millers” instead of this.

Linda
October 9th, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Finally got to see the pilot. So cute and sweet!! Such a shame! :(

Marika
October 9th, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I’m still happy that we’ve got to see this. the pilot is just wonderful. and Rupert did such a great job! so proud of him :)

Pame
October 9th, 2013 at 12:55 PM

For those using firefox, install the add-on Media Hint to watch!!
I had a lot of fun watching the pilot. Rupert was great and his dynamic with Stephen Fry was amazing. I just hope CBS changes its mind.

Kristin
October 9th, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I can´t watch it in Germany :(

October 9th, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Kristin, do what Mana says here in the comments. I couldn’t watch the pilot either, but I downloaded the HotSpotShield program as she said, and it worked ;)

I’m so shipping the Clyde/Randolph relationship!! Rupert and Stephen Fry make a great team together. I could see a bromance starting there! He was like Alfred to Batman.

I’ve felt so spoiled watching this pilot!! Rupert was in 95% of it. He doesn’t have many projects where he’s the main star and is the one who has the most screentime. I would have loved it for this show to be picked just for that!

mariana_biscoito@hotmail.com
October 9th, 2013 at 9:32 PM

i can’t see it here in Brazil =(

NOMI
October 9th, 2013 at 10:03 PM

This was a super cute pilot and I was very impressed with Rupert’s accent. I remember him saying in an interview that he loves to do accents so that might be a distinguishing skill for him. The only thing I would have wanted to see in this pilot is how Clyde would put his own personal spin on the “lost wallet” gimmick. Maybe that would have come in later episodes. Of which there aren’t any. *pouts* Oh well. I will look forward to the next thing.

Anonymous
October 9th, 2013 at 10:23 PM

we are men and mom have been cancelled lol.

My fav thing about the show were Stephen and Rupert. the siblings were kinda eh. but I love how the show has heart unlike so much crap put on tv these days

Anonymous
October 9th, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I watched the pilot online and was reading the comments. It has very positive feedback. I hope CBS considers picking up this show for a mid-season replacement or give it to another network. This show needs to be on t.v!!!

TaoTao
October 10th, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I hadn’t heard Mom was cancelled? We Are Men definitely is, and that probably will give Mom some breathing room unless it starts to break down again. (Was steady at a 2.0 two weeks in a row.) Honestly, the only comedy pilot I liked from CBS was The Crazy Ones. The Millers was just painful to watch. Mom didn’t look at all interesting nor We Are Men.

I hope that there is so much traffic to the site that they think about shopping the pilot out. I mean, they could make a deal and start filming after Rupert finishes up Enemy of Man. ;)

Kai
October 10th, 2013 at 1:28 AM

@mariana_biscoito

Did you try Media Hint?

October 10th, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I think the reason why The Millers is failing is because it seems an unlikely Greg Garcia sitcom. It is so different from My Name is Earl and Raising Hope but Super Clyde is. I wonder whether Greg Garcia was upset that Super Clyde was not picked and that is why he lobbied CBS to show it online. Reading all the comments on the CBS webpage as well as other websites, my overall impression is that Super Clyde is well received. Hopefully CBS will learn from this but I doubt it considering they keep renewing 2 Broke Girls which is not funny and just plain stupid.

Hugo
October 10th, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Hey, this Media Hint for Firefox is totally working! it didn’t wanna work on chrome, but Mozilla downloaded it in a blink of an eye and the pilot is running, and I am from Poland :D
Thanks @Kai !

October 10th, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Just watched the pilot and it was so sweet and heartfelt. Although I am disappointed that CBS didn’t pick this for a full season, I can see that Super Clyde doesn’t fit in with the CBS brand. I hope either CBS gives this a second chance or allows another network to pick this up!

October 10th, 2013 at 9:19 AM

The Mozilla Media Hint add-on works like a charm! :) I like it better than HotSpot Shield, because it’s an add-on instead of a program. Yay!!

fleur
October 10th, 2013 at 11:15 AM

media hint isnt working for me :’( :’(

sara
October 10th, 2013 at 11:35 AM

216 comments at CBS so far and not one negative. How absolutely lovely!

@rupertgrintplus
October 10th, 2013 at 12:33 PM

If anyone is still having trouble watching and none of the applications mentioned above worked for you, try Hola Unblocker, it worked for me :)

Dominis
October 10th, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Believe it or not, I just saw it (I was kind of surprised over the success myself!) and no small thanks to you, guys! Who’d say good ol’ Firefox still has its uses; it worked while the fancy schmancy Chrome was on strike.
Anyway – lovely show and what a bunch of idiots at CBS to have passed out on it! I loved the scene in which Rupert sort of speed-crawls through the lawn with the angry middle-aged harpies behind him – he looks every bit the octopus and it’s rather hillarious! And of course, he’s bloody handsome, isn’t he? Not hard to remember why I like the guy. ;)
But in a way I’m glad the CBS (temporarily?) lost its sanity and passed up on it – it gave Rupert the chance to do something far more challenging, namely, the theater (and stay in Europe, no small merit in my eyes!). And now, isn’t it funny that I’ve got sudden urgent business in London in the middle of November after staying out of England for 8 years? What a coincidence (NOT)! <– insert big stupid grin

Anonymous
October 10th, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I loved the scenes with fry and Rupert the most. good team. and obviously the ending.

Tao, if there’s any chance at all, I hope cbs sells it to another network. don’t pick it up as a mid-season replacement, because Rupert and perhaps the other actors will be busy. maybe, like you said next season after enemy of man.

Anonymous
October 10th, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Just watched super clyde…. and i cannot BELIEVE CBS passed on it! In all honesty, i was not expecting much from it because i didn’t think rupert going into tv would be a good idea, it proved me wrong! The pilot was so good and funny, we need more sitcoms like this and rupert was superb in it, i hope CBS is regretting their decision and pick it up or allow another network to!

Lr
October 10th, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Finally I saw it :). It was great, adorable, funny, endearing. Rupert is so perfect as Clyde, love the chemistry with Fry. Thanks to Greg Garcia for put this online and shame CBS. I ‘m so happy that all reviews and comments have been positive.

Anonymous
October 11th, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Could somebody kind enough tell me what did Faith say when she plan to revenge upon those who were mean to her when she was fat ? I can’t make out what she said clearly.thanks !

Anonymous
October 12th, 2013 at 3:17 AM

People are still watching it! Just saw a comment posted 20 minutes ago. There are 329 comments and all positive!!! I really want this to be picked up, even if it’s for one 8-12 episode season set to air for summer (shoot in spring after Rupert’s done with Mojo and Enemy of Man). I know some of you don’t want Rupert to do TV and focus on film but I’m looking at him and this show making history if somehow this gets picked up and Rupert getting more serious recognition. From what I’ve read, no rejected pilot has been aired before. Imagine going from rejected pilot to series order based on online viewership and positive responses. That could change how the TV business and pilot season operates. Look at Netflix reviving Arrested Development and garnering Emmy nominations for House of Cards.

TaoTao
October 12th, 2013 at 11:40 AM

It seems that it has such a great response from fans and critics. There are many positive comments. Even if they can see why CBS didn’t pick it up, they really liked it. And it is very strange for an unaired pilot to ever be seen. While I don’t know what this means, maybe Greg Garcia sold his soul for people to see it lol, I would love a network see the response and see if they can’t grab it from CBS. While I’m glad Rupert is doing things he wants to do (Mojo, EoM), I feel this was something he really wanted to do and would love to see it happen for that reason alone. But whatever happens is meant to happen. And as long as Rupert is happy, I am happy. And be very happy we got to see this all since it’s so very, very rare!!

Anonymous
October 12th, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Tao, I couldn’t agree more :-)

« Older Comments