Rupert Grint’s Super Clyde Pilot to air on CBS.com!

SuperClydeIcon2October 6th, 2013, 4:40am– We were all so excited when Rupert Grint was cast as the lead in the CBS pilot Super Clyde, and we were all so disappointed when the show wasn’t picked up for a full series. However, we will now all be able to watch the one episode that Rupert actually shot in Los Angeles in March and April of this year.
The show’s creator Greg Garcia was asked about his projects on reddit.com during an “Ask me Anything” session:

I shot a single camera pilot recently called Super Clyde starring Rupert Grint that didn’t get picked up, but I’m very happy to say that CBS is going to put it on the internet on October 9th — both on CBS.com and a bunch of other places. I was really happy with the way it turned out, so I’m excited people are going to see it. The Millers is taking up a lot of my time right now, but I do have a few things in development that I’m supervising. They are all in the early stages.

So, we only have to wait a few days before we finally get to see Super Clyde – how exciting!

And if Greg Garcia‘s words aren’t enough to convince you that this is really happening, take a look at this screenshot from the CBS official site:

CBS.comScreenshot

We can’t wait!

10 Comments to "Rupert Grint’s Super Clyde Pilot to air on CBS.com!"

RGluv
October 6th, 2013 at 5:38 AM

To clarify, article mentions Oct 9th, but the screen clip says ‘Aired 10/8/13′. Can you confirm correct date. Don’t want to miss it. Also, do you think there’s a chance if it does really well, they might consider picking it up for next year (since Rupert’s schedule is now busy for them to do a mid-season replacement)? I don’t know how well The Millers is doing but I read that We Are Men is already canceled and Hostages isn’t doing well. And I think Mom isn’t doing so well either. I don’t ever recall hearing about a pilot ever getting to be aired when it wasn’t picked up, even on internet. Maybe CBS realizes they made a mistake and want to test if there really is an audience for Super Clyde. It be so awesome if Rupert fans overloaded the CBS site trying to view it. That should give CBS something to think about .

Anonymous
October 6th, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Glad to know Rupert´╝łand Stephen Fry and the rest of the cast and crew of course)’s hard work get to be shown eventually other than being wasted,but that’s that..Even if the pilot gets good reviews and is considered as mid-season replacement (or even a full season next year),I don’t see any more involvement for Rupert to come,the timing is already missed, he’s got more projects to do since then,and imo any of these new projects is much more meaningful for his future career than an American TV show,especially the theatrical ones.The most possible result if the pilot does well,is CBS re-pick up the show and cast another lead instead of recalling Rupert. So good luck to them and let Rupert do what he is more interested in right now.

Fan
October 6th, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Anon, he’s busy with Mojo now through December. Then Enemy of Man starts in January. What does have after that? The other film projects we know about are done but just need to be released. Foosball is completed and Rupert is just adding his English dubbing, which should be done this fall. I would love for him to have more film projects on hte horizon so CBS can definitely see they missed the boat, but I am not aware of any? Do you know something new?

October 6th, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Having read the industry and audience reviews of the CBS comedies, all have gotten mixed reviews most skewing to the negative. So I won’t be surprised if all or most of the comedies are cancelled. I think CBS may think that they had made a mistake in choosing shows like We Are Men and the Millers. I hope CBS is reconsidering Super Clyde, we usually don’t see pilots that don’t get picked up. Rupert may still be involved for next year’s schedule if he chooses to be. I agree that his current projects hold more potential and will be more beneficial to his career than a tv show. I guess CBS missed the boat there.

Fan
October 6th, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I agree that his current film projects are more interest and beneficial, especially Mojo and I do prefer him to do film than TV, but if somehow Super Clyde gets picked up for 2014-2015 and Rupert is interested in it still, I’d be happy for him still because it may be TV but it’s American TV and one of the major broadcast networks. He’ll get more exposure to American audiences and let’s face it, American is considered mainstream.

Anonymous
October 6th, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I want online viewer of Super Clyde to be very large and CBS regrets their decision because Rupert no longer available. CBS would be dumb to not know that appeal is mainly Rupert so if they pick show up but recast lead it won’t be the same. I’m sorry but I think Rupert too good for CBS now. They could not take risk and go with different show and now that their first choice perform bad they think they can go back to Rupert because they only now realize he has a loyal and large fanbase.

October 6th, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Yayyyyyy!! I was so bummed that we haven’t even gotten the chance to see the pilot!! What’s that, 20 minutes? Couldn’t they find the time for just 20 minutes?

Even if it’s on the Internet, I’m really happy that we’ll finally get to see the pilot. I am very curious about this show :)

Dominis
October 8th, 2013 at 6:49 AM

Smells like regret to me. Hope it tastes like it to them.
Hopefully I can see it in the Land of forgotten where I live. Alternatively, I’ll just use a plug-in called “BF=PC-geek”, then it’s gotta work. ;)

sara
October 8th, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I just noticed that CBS took super clyde of that page (it was still there an hour ago). What does that mean?

Anonymous
October 8th, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I agree with all of you, CBS should regret not picking Super Clyde up but in a way I’m glad, I prefer Rupert in movies than tv, can’t wait for CBGB :-)