Rupert Grint To Voice “Foosball!”

OtherMovieNewsIcon2September 20th, 2013, 2:04pm–Today Variety is reporting that Rupert Grint will lead the English language voicing of “Foosball.” Initially a spanish speaking piece, Rupert will be dubbing the voice of Amadeo, a shy table soccer genius whose table soccer players come alive. They will help him save his town and win the affections of his childhood sweetheart. They are both threatened by a soccer mega-star, Flash, who will be voiced by Anthony Head Stewart, best known to audiences as Rupert Giles of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame. English actress Eva Ponsoby will play Amadeo’s childhood sweetheart, Laura. Audiences will know her from Showtimes “The White Queen.”

The film will first be seen at the London Film Festival on October 19th. The film is being dubbed in order to have huge international appeal in English speaking countries. The movie, which is Spanish, has had a great reaction at the Spanish Film Festival it recently opened to.

The movie will be in 3D and so far only will open in the UK at the London Film Festival, as perviously stated, but execs hope that dubbing it in the English language will help get more business to the film. You can read everything here. And we will keep you up-to-date with the latest. Stay tuned!

UPDATE: We have some stills from the movie which you can view here. FYI, anyone that is able to attend LIFF please remember that the movie will be in Spanish. Rupert will be dubbing the part of Amadeo, but from what I’ve read, it looks like the LIFF version is not dubbed yet.

10 Comments to "Rupert Grint To Voice “Foosball!”"

Melisa
September 20th, 2013 at 3:38 PM

It’s spanish but mainly argentinean! I’m so happy to know that Rupert will be leading the voice of that character

September 20th, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Oh, they HAVE talked to me about this film before! :D I know many people some people involved with animation.

I didn’t know the title of this film – or if they told me, I forgot – but someone close to me who studied animation told me that Argentinian director Juan José Campanella had made an animation flick and many Spanish animators were working in it, because there are a lot of animators in Spain and very few in Argentina.

Juan José Campanella is a very fine director. He directed Oscar-winning film The Secret in Their Eyes, and he has also worked in the US directing episodes of well-known series like Law & Order and House. I already wanted to watch this film, but now I know that Rupert voices the lead character, I want to watch the English-dubbed version as well!! :)

Marina
September 20th, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I’m so proud of this! The original movie (Metegol in spanish) was made in my country, based on a book written by an author from my city, and it’s awesome! And knowing Rupert will put his voice in one of the characters is awesome as well! I’m really anxious to see this version!

Lr
September 20th, 2013 at 8:16 PM

The trailer is great and the animation is awesome. The director won an Oscar last year wow. The original website is: http://www.metegolpelicula.com.

Chechula
September 20th, 2013 at 9:38 PM

The movie is from Argentina. Campanella may have worked with spanish animators, but the film is 100% ours. I’m argentinian of course, but didn’t see Metegol yet. Funny thing but I think I’d rather see it with Rupert’s voice.
I’m glad so many people from other contries know Campanella’s work so well.

September 21st, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Chechula is right. The film is actually from Argentina, not Spain. Sometimes I think the Spanish language should have a different name so that people do not get confused, lol :P

My friend who studied animation told me that there are few animation schools in Argentina, so they had people from other countries working on it, but that’s how it always goes with animation films – or any film, for that matter XD My friend is actually unemployed right now :( It’s actually very hard to get in the animation business!

The trailer looks really cool :D I love the plot. I’ve always thought that Rupert has a great voice for dubbing. He should narrate an audio version of a book some time. There are many actors who do that. The other day I found out that Molly Quinn from Castle and Ed Westwick from Gossip Girl narrated some Mortal Instruments book together.

I’m loving how Rupert’s-projects-filled this autumn/winter is turning out to be :) Now, if only I could find a good excuse to go to London and see Mojo… XD

Anonymous
September 21st, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I’d love to see him doing more voice work, he has amazing voice :D

Carol Lestrange
September 21st, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Oh!!!! Great! The movie is from Argentina! :)

September 22nd, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Haha. I hope I didn’t offend anyone… I, admittedly, have bad geography. I should have made sure I had everything correct. I was just so excited! It’s also Starz and not Showtime… I have no idea where I got Showtime. :P (For The White Queen, that is.)

Dini