Online Petition to get Rupert Grint as the 12th Doctor!

RupertNewsIconJune 6th, 2013, 2:28pm– We are all waiting eagerly for Rupert Grint‘s next project to be announced. And while we wait, we have decided to start an online petition to get Rupert the role as the next Doctor in the iconic show Doctor Who.

Matt Smith has just announced that he is leaving the show at the end of this season, and this means that the creators are looking for the right actor to become the 12th doctor. Several articles have appeared mentioning Rupert as one of the front-runners to take over after Matt Smith.

Our petition is just a fun way for all the fans to show their support and have their voices heard. But who knows? If this petition gets a lot of signatures, it might get noticed by some people who have say in this decision. So SIGN the petition and SPREAD the word – we want as many names as possible on this list.

Rup12thDoc

29 Comments to "Online Petition to get Rupert Grint as the 12th Doctor!"

Torr
June 2nd, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Here’s Rupert Grint as the 12th Doctor (courtesy of Reddit): http://i.imgur.com/oly6eSU.jpg

June 2nd, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Haha. That is awesome!

I never watched Dr. Who, but if Rupert was the doctor, I’d watch every minute of it. :D

Telma Freitas
June 2nd, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Rupert the role as the next Doctor

Anonymous
June 2nd, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Rupert Grint should DEFINITELY be the next Doctor. That would be awesome!

Peter
June 2nd, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I hope so! He can become a doctor

June 3rd, 2013 at 7:19 AM

The other thing I wouldn’t like about him getting the role of Doctor Who is that I would feel like I had to watch all the previous episodes to understand what the show really is about, because I have no clue. But other than that, of course! I think it would be amazing if Rupert got that role which is so iconic in the British culture :) I understand Doctor Who is like a national hero there in the UK! :D

June 3rd, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Oops! In my first line I meant ‘the one thing’ not ‘the other thing.’ XD

poop
June 3rd, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I have not a clue how British TV works and how they cast actors but if they want more people to tune in and increase the marketability of Dr Who overseas then they should go with Rupert. I’m not from the UK and though I’m familiar with Dr Who I’ve never had the motivation to watch it. But if it’s Rupert then I am going to absolutely tune in.

Linda
June 3rd, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I have seen a total of one Dr. Who episodes on BBC America, but if they cast Rupert, it will become my new favorite show!

Yuling.Zhu
June 3rd, 2013 at 12:57 PM

hope u will be the next Docter! I will go through all the previous episodes if u take it.

SoapJim RoundShirt
June 3rd, 2013 at 3:18 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be awsome if he were the doctor!!!! And the doctor would finally be ginger!!!!!!!! XD

Lori Edwards
June 3rd, 2013 at 3:51 PM

YES he would make a wonderful 12th (or possible 13th if they’d like us believe the forgotton one) Doctor. A GINGER! He is a good combo of David T and Matt S. We’d be lucky to get him!!

m Edwards
June 3rd, 2013 at 3:53 PM

yes yes yes!!! a perfect choice !!!

Sophia L
June 3rd, 2013 at 4:36 PM

He’s ginger and he’s just fantastic. he is SO my vote for the 12th doctor.

Aderrika Cummings
June 3rd, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I would absolutely love Rupert Grint as the 12th Doctor. People frustrate me when they say he’s too young; he’s not too much younger than Matt Smith was when he took over from David Tennant. Rupert is a versatile actor, capable of doing what he has to to fit the roles he’s in. I believe in him 100%. Plus this would be the perfect oppurtunity for him to show everybody that he’s more than “that ginger kid” from Harry Potter. He could prove all his haters wrong :)

Aderrika Cummings
June 3rd, 2013 at 10:44 PM

PLUS I’m just learning about his tv show “Super Clyde” being cancelled? Everything happens for a reason; when a door closes, a window opens… so maybe “Super Clyde” failed because he’s destined to something even better *coughDoctorWhocough*

Anonymous
June 4th, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I think Rupert would be a great Doctor – he has the right amount of quirkiness, humor and gravitas to pull it off. Unfortunately, I thinks its unlikely he will be chosen – he is just too identified with Harry Potter and they seem to choose actors that are much lower profile. I would love to be proven wrong though.

June 4th, 2013 at 2:10 AM

It would be interesting to see who actually gets the role in the end. If they want to continue to break into the US market as well as other countries, Rupert would be the way to go.

Maybe we should tweet the petition to Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss- the producer/writer and producer- to let them know that we want Rupert!

PRANATI
June 4th, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Rupert is an international superstar and everyone knows him. it will definitely help publicize the program. so he is an intelligent choice and people like me who have followed harry potter and absolutely love rupert, will definitely watch the show

Jessie Price
June 4th, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Oh, my God. Sign me up for this petition NOW. I’ve seriously been waiting for this moment the entire time I’ve been watching Doctor Who.

maria
June 4th, 2013 at 11:37 AM

That would be great! watching Rupert in an iconic show! He certainly deserves the best because he is a terrific actor…and a much better down to earth person :D

Lauren
June 4th, 2013 at 7:16 PM

If Rupert gets this part, the doctor will finally be ginger!!!

Lara
June 7th, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Shame.

Face palm.

Thank God DanRad dosen’t need this creepy online petition….

June 8th, 2013 at 12:21 AM

@Lara: first of all, this petition is just for fun. Second, no one needs you hate. You are giving all other Dan fans a bad name. You are not a Dan fan.

Lara
June 8th, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Dan: got for Kill Your Darlings a film’s distributor Sony Classics.
Bonnie: Debut in West End.
Emma: Cannes

Rupert.: super clyde – REJECT BY CBS jajajajaj.

Cassie
June 9th, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I don’t even watch Doctor who, but I’ll watch it if Rupert’s on!!!

RupertFan33
June 30th, 2013 at 3:35 AM

I hope he becomes the 12th doctor beacuse he would be Fantastic!
He’s ginger and the doctor wants to be ginger.

Qingzhe Chen
October 1st, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Rupert! You’ll be the best Timelord!

www.Docdroid.net
August 5th, 2014 at 6:01 AM

What I have just described is an additional potent way to read tarot cards.
Scorpio Your natural intensity is modified by a much more calm an cooperative energy.
No 1 knows for particular exactly where they originated.

« Older Comments