Rupert Grint: CBGB World Premiere Date and U.S. Distributor announced!

cbgb icon2May 30th, 2013, 11:46am– Good news for Rupert Grint fans: The Hollywood Reporter has just announced that Rupert’s film CBGB, also starring Alan Rickman, Stana Katic and Ashley Greene, will celebrate its World Premiere as one of the highlights of this year’s CBGB Music & Film Festival.

The festival takes place from 9 to 13 October 2013 in New York, but the exact premiere date for CBGB The Movie has yet to be announced. You can find further information on the festival’s website via this link (no further information on the film yet).

cbgb_rupert_cheetah_chrome_a_p

THR also announced that XLrator Media have gained the distributional rights for CBGB in the U.S., and we will of course keep you updated when the film will officially be released.
The CEO of XLrator Media, Barry Gordon, had this to say about CBGB:

CBGB is one of the most iconic and authentic names in music history, and Randy’s extraordinary film is a raucously entertaining celebration of the music and artists that have defined the culture for decades. CBGB is the rare film that will resonate with teens, millennials and legacy fans alike. The whole family can jump in the mosh pit together for this one!

We will also keep you updated on whether Rupert will attend the premiere.

13 Comments to "Rupert Grint: CBGB World Premiere Date and U.S. Distributor announced!"

Linda
May 30th, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I’m excited, but I read a little about XLrator Media, and they better not drop the ball on this one! It looks like they do straight to video movies. Hopefully with the subject matter of this movie, and the star power it has, it will do really well. Fingers crossed!!!

TaoTao
May 30th, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Don’t worry, it’s hitting theaters. :) I also think they were an extra boost in financials. The real thing we have to wonder about is how wide of a release. From what I was told with Driving Lessons, the theaters pay to have the movie play. If they don’t think they can make a profit then they won’t show the movie. This has a lot of big name stars from TV and movies, so it might be a better sell. I mean, Alan Rickman, Rupert, Stana Katic, Johnny Galecki, Malin Ackerman, Taylor Hawkins… Good, strong names.

Btw, anyone interested in seeing how Randy and Jodi do films, I suggest Bottle Shock. It’s very heart warming and has some nice name stars. The last time I looked it was streaming on Netflix.

Anonymous
May 30th, 2013 at 11:32 PM

thought maybe it would a bit bigger distributor based on the cast.

May 31st, 2013 at 1:38 AM

The movie will be part of the CBGB Festival in October, so I doubt the distributor will drop the ball on this one. Also, the official Facebook page says that the movie will hit theatres nationwide.

DelicateOrchid
May 31st, 2013 at 4:19 AM

Really hope it comes to the UK!

May 31st, 2013 at 8:56 AM

According to the Facebook page- international distributions coming soon!

Anonymous
May 31st, 2013 at 10:29 AM

hope the film do well in theaters. talking about theatrical release, what about another film of Rupert’s , Postman Pat ? I remember it has been said it will release in May, and now it will be June very soon and still nothing ?

Anonymous
May 31st, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Any word on a movie trailer?

me
May 31st, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Does anyone know what kind of distributing campaign this is ? A big one or I shouldn’t expect to see the movie on big screen !

Dave
June 1st, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who. We must get Rupert to audition to be the next Doctor!!

June 2nd, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Me, no word on how big. It is definitely coming to theaters but we’re not sure how wide a release. I would think this would get a bigger release then we’re use to seeing. I was thinking most major cities would get it. (This is pure speculation on my part however.)

Anonymous, it got pushed back sometime ago. No word on when. Probably later 2013 I guess.

June 2nd, 2013 at 1:37 AM

@Dave: I would love to see Rupert as the new Dr Who! And checking the Whovian forums, many agree. We should drop hints to Steven Moffat- however possible.

@Me: The distributing campaign is really dependent on the XLrator and the production company. The official Facebook page did say that the movie will be in cinemas nationwide with international distributors to come soon. Instead of panicking now, maybe we should see what happens in the coming months.

me
June 2nd, 2013 at 1:08 PM

@tania @tao thanks hope I really get to see this movie on big screen