Rupert Grint Supports British Animal Honours 2013!

EventsNewsIconApril 11th, 2013, 2:25pm– Tonight Rupert Grint is attending the British Animal Honours 2013 which is “A brand new TV event that celebrates the achievements of the world’s most extraordinary animals and the people who work with them.”

We don’t know exactly what Rupert‘s role in this show will be yet, but this heart-warming event certainly fits with his animal-loving side. A full description of the show, hosted by Paul O’Grady can be read here.

Filmed in front of a live audience and hosted by Paul O’Grady, The British Animal Honours 2013 are inspired by the UK’s unwavering love and connection with animals. They fight in our wars, keep our borders safe, allow the blind and disabled to live independently, and even give us national glory in sporting events.

The show will air on ITV1 next Thursday April 18 at 8pm, but you can already now see pictures of Rupert attending the event here. We will be updating our gallery continously as more pictures emerge as well as when we obtain HQ pictures here.

BHmNh4wCUAAW7Jk.jpg largeBAHHQ1

UPDATE: We now have HQ versions thanks to Tom Felton Online. You can view them all here!

10 Comments to "Rupert Grint Supports British Animal Honours 2013!"

steff
April 11th, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I don’t know what I shall think about that show.. In my opinion animals belong to the wild and not in tv-shows (though I don’t know what kind of animals they will show and how they’ll do it). And when rupert really loves animals, why did he do those milk commercials?!

sorry, i really like rupert but those things do upset me a bit, hehe..

Dominis
April 11th, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Well,if I understood the concept of the show correctly, its purpose is to celebrate special achievements of the animals (I imagine something in the likes of the dogs that help rescue people under avalanches and such). I think that’s commendable. I don’t see the any harm in it, if anything it can further endear them to people and help them see their value beyond pets.
I also find it irresponsible if not downright idiotic that some people keep wild animals as pets, especially in an urban environment and without proper knowledge how to take care of them – but not all animals belong to the wild, I believe. I can’t really see the point of historical human going through a trouble of raising himself a companion such as dog just to let him roam in the wild all of the sudden – domestic animals are in many ways co-dependent with humans. No hard feeling, I hope, just my point of view, yeah? :)

Britt
April 11th, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Cant wait for all Hq pics!!

mana
April 11th, 2013 at 6:09 PM

check this version!!! awesome!!!! n_n

April 11th, 2013 at 7:18 PM

@steff: I think you have misunderstood the concept of the show. If you look at the official website, the show looks similar to an award show that celebrates achievement of animals including military service. I don’t think it’s an animal talent show.

I don’t think all animals belong in the wild, especially those that have been domesticated for hundreds of years. If you were to release for example a domesticated dog or cat in the wild, it would actually be cruel because they would have the strong survival instinct as other animals have.

I’m not getting your link between Rupert doing the Got Milk commercials and his love for animals. Just because you drink milk or eat meat does not mean you hate animals.

Anonymous
April 11th, 2013 at 10:12 PM

is it just me or his hair color looks darker than usual ? beautiful for sure<3 he looks yummy with this hair length, can't wait to see the whole show!

Victoria
April 12th, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I see he’s wearing that fab quirky black jacket again really looks good and love the t-shirt, wonder if it worded for someone.

April 13th, 2013 at 5:07 PM

He looks so good with his hair like that! :P

Dominis
April 20th, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Is there any way I can watch a recording of this on-line? I tried youtube but nothing was on at that time. I couldn’t watch it when it was aired, my two Batman kids can’t be bothered to learn the definition of a normal bedtime. :(

Me!