Rupert Grint: Stephen Fry Cast In Super Clyde!

rupertnewsMarch 15th, 2013, 9:58pm–While some of the casting for Super Clyde has been low key, very exciting news has just hit the web. Stephen Fry has been cast as Randolph who is also the butler. (He has also been described as the handy man and uncle that lives with Clyde, Duke and Faith.) You can read all about this exciting casting news here at Deadline. For those who are keeping score, Stephen Fry and Rupert Grint have crossed paths in some way quite a few times. Mr. Fry was in Thunderpants and also appeared in the commercial for the come visit Britain campaign. He also narrated the British version of the Harry Potter books. Fans of the TV show Bones will also remember him as the lovable Gordon Gordon.

A few more roles have been casted in recent weeks, though these were more low key. Recently the role of Jolene, Clyde’s crush, has been cast in the form of Laura Catalina along with Andy Spencer as Mr. Phillips (his role is a mystery, but rumors are that Mr. Phillips is Clyde’s boss at the fast food restaurant.)

14 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Stephen Fry Cast In Super Clyde!"

fleur
March 15th, 2013 at 10:20 PM

i love Fry!!! this Laura is really a lucky girl!!!! :(

TaoTao
March 15th, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Hah. She is! Definitely.

I’m so excited about Stephen Fry. C’mon CBS, Rupert Grint and Stephen Fry? This is a hit. Best casted comedy you have. Sure you have another with Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar, but c’mon… Fry and Grint!

Anonymous
March 15th, 2013 at 10:47 PM

^ any chance they pick both of those comedies?

fleur
March 15th, 2013 at 10:53 PM

i think yes, but i read somewhere, there were something like 12 pilots, and only 2 or 3 to be picked. but i think it will ,since the cast and its from greg garcia. so yeah.

TaoTao
March 15th, 2013 at 11:25 PM

They have 12 comedy pilots but many more pilots as a whole. I’m not sure if this is CBS’ way of doing things – ordering more comedies than dramas (I’ll do some investigating on this) – or if they’re planning on expanding comedy blocks… But as of right now, it looks like they’re all going for one spot on the network.

Basically what’s going to help Super Clyde is the strength of the script, the actors, what a test audience thinks… and of course money. Super Clyde is about the only one who would get quick pickups over seas with Rupert in the role (and now with Stephen Fry? Going to be epic for money).

Anonymous
March 16th, 2013 at 1:24 AM

could somebody please give me a link to this Laura Catalina girl’s picture ? I’m so cuious about what does she look like. thanks!

TaoTao
March 16th, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Here you go: http://resumes.breakdownexpress.com/264507-2243132

FYI, Laura appeared in quite a few things including The Hills Have Eyes.

So, I looked up what CBS did last year. They had less pilots they acquired as a whole in return that only gave them 9 comedies to choose from. From what I can tell, they order three to series. One was premiered in the fall that didn’t last so they tried another one and one has yet to premiere. (Currently they went back to their own standby with Rules of Engagement.) I’m hoping that that they expand their comedy block. In reality, they need to think of the future. How I Met Your Mother is ending next season and if Two and a Half Men’s fate is up in the air (as I said previously) they need to think of replacing that, because even if they do come back, losing another key cast member could hurt the show further. Honestly, there are some great casted comedy pilots (not that that means anything… there was last year) that could go well for CBS. Clyde really would work well with The Big Bang Theory imo.

Heh. I gotta stop because I’m going to end up getting my hopes up and CBS will smash them. :P

Anonymous
March 16th, 2013 at 2:35 AM

thank you Tao ! she is cute ! :)

Dominis
March 16th, 2013 at 3:25 AM

The girl is cute, Stephen Fry is an excellent choice (I didn’t see enough of him lately, I should really make the effort) – I guess not nothing but the best for Rupert.! ;)

March 16th, 2013 at 5:04 AM

Absolutely love Stephen Fry! Such an unexpected but brilliant choice. Fry also was in the British tourism ad with Rupert last year.

@ Tao: I agree that sitcoms with bigger star power has a greater chance of being picked and that CBS needs to think of the future with their comedy line up. I mean their drama line up is so good that they need to up the ante for comedy.

Malene
March 16th, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Wow, this is huge. It’s really hard to imagine them not picking it up now… and it must be one helluva good script if they can convince someone like Mr. Fry to be in a 30min comedy series like this. There’s definitely some crap shows around right now, but this must be good.

*fingers crossed*

Anonymous
March 16th, 2013 at 10:22 AM

the only thing im a bit wary of is the CBS demographic. Aren’t most of their viewers like 55 and older? Would they be attracted to something like Super Clyde?

TaoTao
March 16th, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Actually I’d say that ABC tends to skew older. CBS has more of the hip comedies that get the 18-49 ratings: The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Mike & Molly, 2 Broke Girls, Two and a Half Men. And their dramas like Person of Interest and Elementary, CSI, NCSI… These are all huge 18-49 ratings winners. While they have some older skewing shows (Vegas for example which will most likely be canceled), it pretty much is the big winning network. ABC is more of the older skewing with shows like Castle and Body of Proof. :) Fox is the male skewing network oddly enough… NBC is just the failing network. lol

Tania, that’s what I’m thinking. I mean, all their comedies seem to have some known actors, but nothing like Clyde… Rupert and Stephen are known both in the US and Europe and pretty much everywhere. The Crazy Ones is probably second… Robin Williams is still well known, though he really hasn’t been a household name since Mrs. Doubtfire. And SMG? Buffy will always be her biggest gig and while I Know What You Did Last Summer was big, it’s not something one references. Buffy will get her far, but not that far… she had a showtime pilot that never got picked up a few years ago and Ringer never made it anywhere. The other comedy pilots have somewhat known actors but nothing to the extent of the other two imo.

I just really keep thinking of what David Yates said about test audiences with the HP movies and how audiences seem to really respond to Rupert. He’s really got that presence for him and he has the ability to make even the oddest things funny. Like the “Oh, right, antlers” seen in DH1. I mean, you can’t tell me that you didn’t laugh so hard at that and it really wasn’t *that* funny… it was just Rupert’s delivery and his little gesture putting his hands on his head.

fleur
March 16th, 2013 at 12:46 PM

if thats thats the case, they better sell super clyde in the UK then. otherwise it wouldnt be fair.