Rupert Grint: Tyler Labine Cast As Clyde’s Brother!

rupertnewsRupert Grint: Tyler Labine Cast as Clyde’s Brother!February 23rd, 2013, 1:55am–As you know, Rupert Grint was cast in a CBS pilot called ‘Super Clyde‘. Tonight we bring you more news in the form of casting of Clyde’s older brother: Tyler Labine who will play the character Duke. This is according to Entertainment Weekly. Labine’s other credits include The CW’s Reaper, Fox’s Sons of Tucson, CBS’ Mad Love and NBC’s Animal Practice. This also means that Rupert will most likely be putting on an American accent for the show. (While this seemed obvious to me, there were some out there wondering, so I think this news tells us he will be an American character.) For a recap, Super Clyde centers around a meek unassuming fast food worker who decides to become a super hero.

We also want to remind you that while Rupert has been casted in this role, it does not mean that this will be picked up by CBS. This is only a pilot. And although this one seems to have the most buzz, that sadly means little. Of course, if you ask me, I think it would be great compared with The Big Bang Theory, don’t you?

UPDATE: For those interesting The Hollywood Reporter has a bit more on Labine’s character: “Labine will play Clyde’s older brother Duke, an ex-jock type who is the kind of crass slob whose imagination doesn’t go anywhere beyond his own creature comforts. Duke gets an unexpected windfall: a long-delayed $100,000 per month inheritance from his dead uncle, Bill.”

32 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Tyler Labine Cast As Clyde’s Brother!"

February 24th, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Fleur, I’m sure he will.”Be yourself” seems to be what Rupert does best. 🙂 And you know, as an actor, living with change and adapting it’s kind of the name of the game. I start rolling my eyes up every time someone goes “why is his hair like this” or “why is she so skinny” – they’re actors and most of them will do what it takes to land a job they really want. And I don’t know enough about the business to talk intelligently what’s out there for someone like Rupert. Personally, I’d love to see him in a lead role – once the game is on, the time is now – preferably in one without the emphasis on humor. I think he’d be great and I’d be intrigued to see how he pulls that off.

February 24th, 2013 at 2:26 PM

@Dominis, yeah you’re right. my dream would be to see him in a lead role as a psycho killer or something lile this, to see his dark side :p

February 24th, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Yeah,I bet he’d like that,too. Maybe a role that presents physical challenges cause he used to look as if he liked doing that.. 😉 But I’m thinking character play, something dark, not necessary violent.. I think misery might yet bring out the best in this man. Portraying it, that is, not living it. 😉 Cause that’s hard, you know. When there’s a lot of action in the movie,it’s sort of easy to dictate the mood for everyone, but when it’s down to just an actor and his character – those are in my opinion the best movies. Perfect example for me would be Billy Bob Thorton’s Slingblade. What.A.Movie.

February 24th, 2013 at 7:00 PM

ahhh never seen that movie!!! maybe i should :p
yeah, i guess i just was a bit afraid of rupert going into the hollywood jungle 😉
ahhh we gonna miss Rupert over there 🙂

February 24th, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I think Rupert would be fine in Hollywood, he seems to have the right upbrining and adaptability to adjust to Hollywood life and won’t fall in with the wrong crowd over there. And as Tao mentioned, his good mate Tom is over there and both seem to spend time together- so there’s the support network.

I don’t think Rupert is like Hugh Laurie, who was a tad miserable in Hollywood because his wife and kids were still in London, same for Damien Lewis. Fortunately, Rupert doesn’t have a wife or kids yet.

February 25th, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Yeah, he’ll be all right.. We might miss having him over here more than he might miss being here. 🙂 And “having him over here” is an abstract concept as it is – it’s not like he lives in my living room if the DVD player is not on. 😉 I mean, he’s hardly going to be in Timbuktu and with a world-gone-a-global-village, there’s planes and other means of transportation around the corner. Plus – in the heart ot Hollywood, with all the media around, we might see more of him, so here’s some benefit for us! Hope he finds happiness, but then again, he seems like the kind of guy that takes it with him. 🙂

February 25th, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I guess it makes me a little sad to think of Rupert living in L.A. as well. Of course he will be alright but out of the trio he is the one who has always stayed close to home and family. I am sure it will be a growth experience but I always just picture him in that house in England surrounded by his siblings.

February 25th, 2013 at 3:23 PM

@Dominis your right… 🙂 but even if i like having new pics of him, i hope those paparazzis are gonna leave him alone 😉
“he seems like the kind of guy that takes it with him” that was really cute :p

@Anon, yeah i agree, i think that what surprised me the most is that, he might be away for years from his family (and he seems a family guy) so yeah…
but well, good luck to our gorgeous Rupert

February 25th, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Well, of course it would be perfect if everyone could continue to do what they do best from the safe haven of the environment they’re most comfortable with – I think most people would appreciate the idea. But you know what they say: ships are safe in the harbor, but ships were not built for this purpose. Sometimes you just gotta do, what you gotta do and hope for the best.
It’s not a big tragedy, just, I think, some sort of a milestone that might turn his life upside down (or not) and those kind of events are upsetting. That’s why brides’ mothers always cry at weddings… 😉 milestone to indicate change. Personally, I find it hard to accept because I find Hollywood to be somewhat “unclean” dog-eat-dog environment and I really hope life there has more in store for him than the superficial charms of the industry. It just kind of feels like a hard place to find personal happiness and I think we’d all like that for him. Aaaand, I got all philosophical again, an annoying trait of mine. I’ll shut up now and let this page rest in peace. :).

February 25th, 2013 at 4:41 PM

awww Dominis, you spoke for me. that was beautiful! really 🙂

February 25th, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Thank you, I appreciate it.. I sometimes have problems getting my point across accurately – English is only my second foreign language after all 😛 – not to mention that it’s always nice to get a compliment..*is flattered and floats away happily* 😉

February 25th, 2013 at 5:13 PM

🙂 no probs ure english is really good!

« Older Comments