Rupert Grint: Tyler Labine Cast As Clyde’s Brother!

rupertnewsRupert Grint: Tyler Labine Cast as Clyde’s Brother!February 23rd, 2013, 1:55am–As you know, Rupert Grint was cast in a CBS pilot called ‘Super Clyde‘. Tonight we bring you more news in the form of casting of Clyde’s older brother: Tyler Labine who will play the character Duke. This is according to Entertainment Weekly. Labine’s other credits include The CW’s Reaper, Fox’s Sons of Tucson, CBS’ Mad Love and NBC’s Animal Practice. This also means that Rupert will most likely be putting on an American accent for the show. (While this seemed obvious to me, there were some out there wondering, so I think this news tells us he will be an American character.) For a recap, Super Clyde centers around a meek unassuming fast food worker who decides to become a super hero.

We also want to remind you that while Rupert has been casted in this role, it does not mean that this will be picked up by CBS. This is only a pilot. And although this one seems to have the most buzz, that sadly means little. Of course, if you ask me, I think it would be great compared with The Big Bang Theory, don’t you?

UPDATE: For those interesting The Hollywood Reporter has a bit more on Labine’s character: “Labine will play Clyde’s older brother Duke, an ex-jock type who is the kind of crass slob whose imagination doesn’t go anywhere beyond his own creature comforts. Duke gets an unexpected windfall: a long-delayed $100,000 per month inheritance from his dead uncle, Bill.”

32 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Tyler Labine Cast As Clyde’s Brother!"

February 23rd, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Agreed. The Big Bang Theory would be the ideal lead in for Super Clyde. Here’s hoping that CBS will pick up the series considering the large of buzz it has been generating!

February 23rd, 2013 at 2:46 AM

It seems a lot of places are really excited about Super Clyde. First it was E! Online, and now Entertainment Weekly have both expressed how excited they are for this one. And from what I’ve seen of other people talking about the script, it sounds really good. Now I’ve only watched one show from this guy and it was called ‘Yes, Dear’ and I loved that show. So hopefully the test audience and the CBS execs see it as a hit and want to add it to their schedule. The Big Bang Theory – Super Clyde – Person of Interest – Elementary. Sounds like a good Thursday night lineup. Two and Half Men can go back to being on Mondays. 😛

I also think we’ll be hearing more casting news in the coming weeks. Going to go into a little bit of spoiler territory here, although we’ll post these casting news bits any way (lol), but there is still another sister and brother to be cast. The uncle (I know he’ll be deceased, but sounds like he’ll be in the pilot). And also a love interest.

Mary
February 23rd, 2013 at 2:51 AM

I second the motion. Im so excited for Rupert
Do we have any idea when thie pilot may air? Cause I’m marking it on my calendar. Wondering if he’s already shot it or is that coming soon.

Mary
February 23rd, 2013 at 3:01 AM

@Tao, hope it is Thursdays. It’s my night off. If it’s any other night I’m sure to miss it. And then ill be heartbroken. 🙁 How do you know so much? Please also keep us informed. Rupert Grint inquiring minds want to know. 🙂

fleur
February 23rd, 2013 at 4:37 AM

i honnestly wanted him to keep his english accent…

February 23rd, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I read that entertainment weekly had called Super Clyde as ‘promising’ and I absolutely love that kind of buzz. Also Greg Garcia has made some really good comedies recently Raising Hope which an edgier comedy and I enjoy comedies without the laugh track. I get a Malcolm in the Middle vibe just from reading the synopsis, if this show is similar to Malcolm then it would be great! I have all my fingers crossed that CBS picks this up for the Fall season.

Anonymous
February 23rd, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Super Clyde could be picked up by NBC, ABC or CBS. I think The Office is leaving NBC so maybe Super Clyde could pick up NBC on Thursdays being in the comedy block. I can’t wait to see Rupert primetime every week and see his lovely, sexy face.

fleur
February 23rd, 2013 at 9:21 AM

my gosh fingers crossed it comes to europe though 🙁 🙁 i would be so sad if i cant see it.

February 23rd, 2013 at 12:08 PM

@Mary, we don’t know yet. It all depends on whether CBS picks it up. The latest will know anything is in May when CBS does their upfronts.

@Anonymous, nope. It’s a CBS show and unless CBS allows another network to take it, then it will only be on CBS.

@Fleur, I hope so too for all our European fans sake! A lot of times shows are sold prior to air date and with Rupert’s international startdom, that could happen with Super Clyde (if picked up by CBS to begin with). And if it’s not sold overseas right away, I’m sure that if it is a success here, it will end up overseas as well. 🙂

fleur
February 23rd, 2013 at 2:13 PM

aww thank you Tao 🙂 its just it would be sooo best if it was sold at the same time, so that we dont have to wait like the end of the season in the US, when everyone will have already seen it. fingers crossed. or hopefully someone will be kind enough to post on youtube :/

February 23rd, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Don’t fret, Fleur! It’s not like there aren’t ways to watch the show even if it’s not aired in your country 😛 *ehem ehem*piratebay*ehem ehem* I know it’s not ideal, but it’s a way. I didn’t say anything! XD

Anonymous
February 23rd, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Found a new Rupert Video from Berlinale http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V41N9VZ71c0

Mary
February 23rd, 2013 at 7:00 PM

@Tao, thank you. I can’t wait till May then. On pins and needles.

fleur
February 23rd, 2013 at 7:24 PM

lol @bonnieradcliffe :p :p

Anonymous
February 23rd, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I just read that they are going to add another brother, sister, love interest and of course until uncle bill.

fleur
February 24th, 2013 at 4:11 AM

yeah, it was because Tao said it :p 🙂

Dominis
February 24th, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Hm, I wonder if it’s picked up – he will probably have to relocate, at least temporarily, to the US. I realize that as an actor you sort of have to follow where work takes you and Hollywood is definitely Mecca for actors, I just wish it wasn’t. such a damn black hole for all the nice English actors. Hugh Laurie (Dr. House) had to stay there and the word is, he was a bit miserable. Still, he probably likes it there anyway and I guess if home is where the heart is, he might eventually be back to England. As a European I’ll just be a bit sad to see him go. Selfish, I know. 🙂 Good luck, Rupert, where ever you go…

February 24th, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Well, luckily for Rupert, Tom will be there too. He seems to be adjusting well and I think that will help the transition. 😀 But he’ll probably end up going home during their break (it’s usually from April to July) and that will help too.

February 24th, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Lucky Tao! Rupert is going to your side of the pond! 😉

Fleur
February 24th, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Dominis, i think the same as you to be honnest. im a bit sad to see him go so far away 🙁 and well, i just dont want rupert to become a typical hollywood actor. you know, i think Rupert is wayyyy better than Hollywood. and hoping he’ll stay himself, the same 🙂 whatever happens

Newer Comments »