Rupert Grint Reported To Star In CBS Pilot Comedy ‘Super Clyde’!

rupertnewsRupert Grint Reported To Star In CBS Pilot Comedy ‘Super Clyde!’February 13th, 2013, 9:04pm–Well, this exciting news! According to TVLine, Rupert Grint is set to star in the comedy ‘Super Clyde‘! Rupert is set to play the lead, a burger-flipper in a pilot comedy for CBS. For those outside of the US, that is one of the big networks on TV here. According to TVLine the pilot is a: “single-camera project from Raising Hope writer/EP Greg Garcia follows a meek fast food worker who decides to become a super hero.

We will be checking with Rupert’s representatives with more on this. For those who may not understand how TV works in America, a pilot does not mean it will be picked up by the studio only that the studio has acquired the rights to air it if they so desire. We probably won’t know more about this until May when network television stations have their ‘upfronts’ and release schedules for the following year.

UPDATE: The Hollywood Reporter has more on the role: “The comedy from Raising Hope’s Greg Garcia centers on a meek, unassuming fast-food worker decides to become a super hero.

Grint will play the title role of Clyde, the well-meaning and sweet yet slightly neurotic guy who never feels like he really fits in. The avid comic book reader considers himself a borderline agoraphobic with mild to severe anxiety issues who wishes he were a super hero himself. When Clyde inherits a $100,000 a month inheritance from his long-dead eccentric Uncle Bill, he decides that the cash will be his secret super power and will use it only for good and reward the good-hearted.”

UPDATE 2: CONFIRMED! We just received word from Rupert’s reps that this is indeed true, so we will have more updates about Super Clyde in the future! Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!

31 Comments to "Rupert Grint Reported To Star In CBS Pilot Comedy ‘Super Clyde’!"

Leila
February 15th, 2013 at 12:03 PM

damn, i wish i were in the US now :/
its true he’ll spend LOTS of times there in america… and that means lots of fan pics i guess…. my god i would love to meet him. lucky guys

Anonymous
February 15th, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Well – I have to say I am a little disappointed – I had hoped Rupert would stick to movies or perhaps a BBC or HBO type show. US network sitcoms are such an iffy proposition. I hope for Rupert’s sake it is a good quality successful show. If it is it could be great for him. Unfortunately, I dont trust network sitcoms. Hoping for the best.

February 15th, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I don’t know, Calum. Some sitcoms are still great after 3-4 seasons. The Big Bang Theory is in its sixth season and I think it’s still great 🙂 Even though some people don’t like Sheldon’s or Leonard and Penny’s evolutions and the new plots they create.

Leila
February 15th, 2013 at 2:52 PM

i personnaly think that rupert wouldnt sign up for lots of seasons running for years, because he might be afraid or not want to be known as Clyde all his life, like he had been known for Ron because he played him for 11 years …. so maybe he doesnt want the same thing happening with this serie . who knows…

February 15th, 2013 at 7:17 PM

He’s never had an issue with ‘being known as Ron’, so I doubt he’d care about always being known as Clyde. 🙂

As for when shows should end… it really just depends. I’ve enjoyed shows well into their 5th, 6th, 7th seasons. It depends on the storyteller really. Like Buffy… for me, while I didn’t hate season 6, it wasn’t perfect, but season 7 was amazing. The same with Friends. The first 5 seasons were good. Season 6 and 7 were okay, but I like season 8. (I haven’t really watched season 9 and 10 so don’t ask me what I thought yet…) So I think it depends on the storyteller and if I know Rupert, no matter how bad the show (in this case) is, he’ll make the most of it and be what everyone is drawn to.

I also disagree about network sitcoms… some of the best sitcoms ever are from regular networks. Some of the biggest sitcoms today are on regular network stations. The Office, The Big Bang Theory, Mike and Molly, Two and a Half Men, etc. None of us have to actually like them for that to be a fact. These are sitcoms that are popular and well loved.

Calum
February 15th, 2013 at 7:38 PM

If he’s contracted, he’ll be in as many seasons as they want. That’s what you sign up for, I’m afraid. However, that doesn’t have to be a problem. In fact it can be a great thing if the writing stays fresh.

Leila
February 16th, 2013 at 3:47 AM

well, then i just hope he’ll be able to do other movies aswell then :S

Leila
February 16th, 2013 at 3:52 AM

oh and then, imagine there are like 9 seasons or such, then you guys are gonna have him in the US for like 9 years or so… lucky you!

Millcent
February 18th, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I think it will be so cool if is a successful and he is known for Clyder much as Ron. It’s what every actor wants I think.

Anonymous
February 23rd, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I read that they are casting the roles already for Rupert’s brother and sister. I think that they cast the brother.

Anonymous
February 26th, 2013 at 5:49 PM

eh idk Tao. Rupert hasn’t exactly made a full effort to put himself out there. He hasn’t networked as much as i’d like either. I remember the BAFTA 2011 there were reports at the after party(where the stars mingle) he pretty much stayed by himself at the bar the whole time. He even could have gone to an oscars party like bonnie did. Problem is he doesn’t really seem into doing that stuff.

« Older Comments