Rupert Grint appears on Beat TV!

August 7, 2012, 2:37pm– Rupert Grint has just finished his appearance on Beat TV which aired on ITV2. It was a great show where Rupert displayed some of the many skills we all know and love him for – he danced, played the didgeridoo and even adopted the new nickname “Rup-Dog” which was given to him by the American swimmer and Olympic Gold Medalist Allison Schmitt.

As a special treat, Rupert‘s sister Samantha had the opportunity to play a song on the show and the video featured the entire Grint family looking on proudly. Check out her newly launched website here!
Beat TV also tweeted a family portrait of the Grint family together:

We have added several screenshots from the show in our gallery here, and it is definitely worth a peek if you want to see Rupert dancing and playing the didgeridoo :)

As a last little treat the show mentioned an October 5 release for Into the White in the UK. We are looking into this as we speak, but exciting that it is getting buzz no matter what.

We will add the online version of the episode as soon as it becomes available so stay tuned!

UPDATE: As was announced on the show, Into the White has been renamed for the UK DVD release and is now called Cross of Honour. And you can pre-order the DVD and Blu-ray on Amazon already. Check out the new cover:

UPDATE: We have HQ photos of Rupert from the Stone Roses event which you can view here!

11 Comments to "Rupert Grint appears on Beat TV!"

RupertFan
August 7th, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Not to sound rude, but I don’t get it. Countries like NZ and Spain release a Movie where Germany and UK are a Part of( and not just of the Story) in Cinemas and UK & Germany are putting this on DVD? I don’t understand this at all, even though I didn’t expect much from Capelight.

Masha
August 7th, 2012 at 3:44 PM

yeah, I was hoping for the theater release for the UK… oh well…

still it’s cool that at least I’ll be able to watch the movie here, in Russia

RupertFan
August 7th, 2012 at 4:01 PM

@Masha Jealous!! Capelight Pictures will never release a Movie with Rupert in Theatres, not even if the Movie is with Will Smith or Johnny Depp. I have the Feeling they just bought it because Germany is in this Story and now I find the Page with the german DVD Release when Theatre Websites have made a Title Site for this Movie already, that makes me angry.

Sorry for the Rant here, I loved Rupert at Beat TV, but urgh, this about Into the White is making me sad, angry and I don’t know what. Still love how Rupert talked about it.

Kathy
August 7th, 2012 at 4:27 PM

@RupertFan Could you give us the link for the German DVD release?

@Rober_casvega
August 7th, 2012 at 4:41 PM

In Spain they have canceled the publication of Into the White… :( :(

August 7th, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Wow, a new title for Into the White!! :P I like it!! It suits the theme :) I can’t wait to watch that film ^^

RupertFan
August 7th, 2012 at 5:46 PM

@Robert_casvega For real? Why?

@Kathy It won’t help you, because there is just the Month September and they are not sure of it. I hope it means they will think on a Theatre Release, but it could also mean they won’t release it. I don’t know if I should trust Capelight. Pictures. They don’t even react to the Guestbook Entrys some People made.

I don’t know what’s going on now that this is going straight to DVD, even though they planned a Theatre Release and I hope for Spain and Russia it’s still going to be into Cinemas and there is no Problem with the Movie (because I get this Feeling) So let’s try to think positive again and still hope the Best for this Movie somehow. I think the Chance with CBGB and Countryman on the Screen in more Countries is big, so the Future looks positive, even though I would love to see Into the White on Screen. That’s why the Movie was made, wasn’t it? I just feel sorry for the Cast and Crew.

August 7th, 2012 at 7:38 PM

@RupertFan: Actually it is quite common for indies to go straight to dvd in most countries except the country in which the film was originally made- that being Norway. So it is not surprising that Into the White went straight to dvd in the UK despite the fact that the film has two British actors. It is no reflection on the film itself but the nature of the indie industry. Most movies make more money from dvd sales than box office sales anyway.

For example, most indies from the UK, US and almost every other country goes straight to dvd here in Australia, and these are some of the better films I have seen, much better than many of the Hollywood crap curned out at the moment.

Countryman has already been sold to bigger distributors in a lot of countries so the release of this movie is more or less guaranteed. There has been a lot of buzz and hype around CBGB and I remember reading somewhere that it is slated for release sometime in 2013.

Brit
August 7th, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Will the blu ray version play in the USA?

TaoTao
August 7th, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I don’t think so, Brit. Amazon actually has it listed in PAL format for some reason and if it is, our TVs don’t understand that. According to blu-ray.com it’s region A which means it won’t play unless you have a region free blu-ray player. I’m also sick of that. One of the main attractions to blu-ray was being able to play it anywhere in any country. :( They could do a helluva business if they would make this blu-ray region free.

galadriel12
August 8th, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I had hopes Germany would have a theatrical release because there were two quite well-known German actors in the movie, and of course HP star Rupert Grint. Apparently that’s not good enough for German distributors. I rarely go to the movies because there is so much crap shown. And a good movie like Into the White only gets released on DVD. At least that’s my chance to watch the movie. And rewind all Rupert scenes over and over and over and …