Rupert Grint: Olympic Torch Relay – RGus Coverage from London!

July 25, 2012, 7:24am– In a couple of hours Rupert Grint will take part in the incredible honour of carrying the Olympic Torch at the Olympics 2012 which, as we all know, is being held in London! Around the Rings have released a statement about the Olympic Torchbearers and why they were chosen for this special event – as it turns out, Rupert was nominated for all the great charity work he has done:

He was nominated through the Lloyds TSB campaign for inspiring others through his extensive work with children’s charities across the UK. Rupert is actively involved with charities Starlight and the Make-A-Wish Foundation which grant once-in-a-lifetime and magical wishes to seriously and terminally ill children. He also spends much of his free time working with the Teenage Cancer Trust and Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).

Remember that you can watch the entire Torch Relay live HERE! Rupert is set to leave Middlesex University at 1:47pm UK time. So stay tuned. We will of course update you all here on the site and on our twitter where we might even post an exclusive goodie or two ;)

Our staff is present at the relay and will try to update us throughout the event. We have already uploaded some pictures from Middlesex University where you can see how they are preparing for the torch (and Rupert) to arrive in the beautiful summer weather. You can see the pics here and stay tuned for many more updates!

A beautiful screenshot from the live stream of Rupert with the Olympic Torch! Stay tuned for our own AMAZING pictures from the event! Until then you can enjoy some more screenshots and general pictures here.
Here is a teaser for what is to come:

UPDATE: Rupert was interviewed by the BBC right after he finished his part of the relay. Check it out here!
Another interview has surfaced, this time by The Telegraph:

12 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Olympic Torch Relay – RGus Coverage from London!"

Masha
July 25th, 2012 at 8:36 AM

the fact that Rupert was chosen because of his charity work is amazing… I’m really proud of him!

Trude
July 25th, 2012 at 8:42 AM

1.42 pm London time – the live stream is currently unavailable

figures! LOL

Malene
July 25th, 2012 at 8:46 AM

@Trude – It’s unavailable because they’re having a lunch break. It should be back for Rupert-action ;-)

Trude
July 25th, 2012 at 8:51 AM

so in about 3 hours, we’ll have a tea break then, won’t we? ;)

galadriel12
July 25th, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Oh no, I thought he was on later. I’m just home and missed it. *sigh* But fortunately our fantastic team of staffers will have coverage. :)

Linda
July 25th, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Could ‘t get video!! Hope to see a replay of this sometime. Looks like he did great!!

Marina
July 25th, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I couldn’t see the live broadcast, I fell asleep. It was too early in my country. I tried, but Morpheus was stronger haha. I hope someone upload videos or something.

July 25th, 2012 at 10:12 AM

So proud of Rupert and even more proud of why he was chosen for the torch relay.

mari
July 25th, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I’m so happy that he was there..of course i would be happier if i were there too,haha….so glad to see that he’s alright and happy =)

July 26th, 2012 at 7:01 AM

He looks so hot with that outfit!! :P He looks very good in all white :) I’m surprised he kept his CBGB hairdo, he doesn’t usually ‘style’ his hair and leaves it untouched, but I love how that hair looks on him ^^ It’s wonderful to see more of his face, especially his gorgeous eyes :D

‘From being chased I probably run.’ Lol, Rupert!! XD

July 26th, 2012 at 10:00 AM

One thing I noticed when watching the video again was that Rupert walks with a natural swagger. Love it!

@ BonnieRadcliffe: I agree, loving Rupert’s new haircut, he looks so much better and I read comments on another website that people actually didn’t recognise him and that he is ‘so grown up’.

July 26th, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Yeah, Tania, that’s his famous ‘sexy walk’, the one Daniel was talking about when he was asked about how he impersonated 6 other people in the 7 Potters scene :D Daniel couldn’t have put it better. ‘Sexy walk’ is what it is :P