CBGB’s Writer Jody Savin Talks Casting Rupert Grint!

June 8th, 2012, 2:00am–In a lovely article about bringing the iconic New York club to Savannah, GA for filming Jody Savin mentions the process of choosing Cheetah Chrome with interesting tidbits on Rupert Grint. She talks about how from the very beginning stages of the script they wanted Rupert to portray him. You can read the quote below:

and Rupert Grint, who Savin and director Randall Miller had in mind from the beginning.

“When we were writing the script, we wanted Rupert to play Cheetah Chrome of the Dead Boys,” Savin said. “He just looks so much like him. And we’re excited to see Rupert in a dog collar, with a scowl.”

You can read the entire article here. It’s a very interesting read for those who are into the production of a movie.

In casting news for the movie, another big name star has joined the cast: Ashely Greene, best known for her role as Alice Cullen in the Twilight franchise. If there is one bright spot to Twilight it’s Ashely Greene who is literally Alice Cullen from the moment she was on screen.

9 Comments to "CBGB’s Writer Jody Savin Talks Casting Rupert Grint!"

June 8th, 2012 at 4:06 AM

I too am excited to see Rupert in a dog collar and scowl!

Mabelle
June 8th, 2012 at 6:10 AM

Not to mention shirtless with cheetah pants!

Linda
June 8th, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Ok….day ruined by images of Rupert shirtless wearing a dog collar! I’ll never get anything done now!! ;) Can’t wait!

Brittany
June 8th, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I’m glad Rupert is playing Chrome, but besides the red hair they really don’t look alike to me lol. But the chick playing blondie do resembles blondie a bit.

TaoTao
June 8th, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Hah. I agree… there isn’t much resemblance, but I’ll be fair because there are so many limited pics out there. Can’t wait either way. The more who sign on for this project the more it’s going to be epic and have a good chance of really hitting theaters.

Me!
June 8th, 2012 at 5:39 PM

It will have different audiences such as the potterheads rockers and now the twilight fans and of course fans of the dead boys and the rest of the cast I can see success coming

June 8th, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I agree with you, Me!, about the cast being so diverse that it will attract a big audience :P I love how different the backgrounds of the cast members are: there are very very famous actors, not-so-famous actors, film actors, TV actors, actors coming from big film franchises, etc. Interesting mixture of people :D Most eclectic cast ever!! XD

BTW, totally random comment, but I just realized that Julian Acosta appeared in one episode of Castle, so that makes two actors from my favourite TV show portraying characters in this film!! :)

TaoTao
June 8th, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Actually, I think there is a third one. *goes over to IMDB to look* The DEA guy from Cuffed. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0372396/

It is awesome when you think about it. TV Fandoms: Castle, Bones and The Big Bang Theory. Music fandoms: Foo Fighters (and possibly more from the sounds of it). Movie fandoms: Twilight, Harry Potter. I’m very excited. This production company actually is a distribution company as well and is distributing the movie in the US, but with such big name stars I imagine that it won’t be a real limited release (like Driving Lessons and Wild Target were, being only in a few cities at a time). Possibly it will be close to what Bottle Shock was! (In over 1000+ theaters… hopefully CBGB gets more!)

June 9th, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Well spotted, Tao!! :P I didn’t know there was a third Castle actor in this film. Lol, it will look like a Castle reunion :D No complaints here, he he. I love that it’s such a big project, with a cast of 50 actors. I bet they’ll have lots and lots of fun filming it :) It must be cool to have interaction with such a large group of people. I can’t wait to get behind-the-scenes scoops for this film!!