Confirmed: Rupert Grint in The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman!

May 19th, 2012, 7:08am– Screendaily.com is reporting that Rupert Grint is attached to the film The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman. The film will be directed by Fredrik Bond and star names such as Shia Labeouf, Mads Mikkelsen, Melissa Leo, James Buckley, Vincent D’Onofrio and Evan Rachel Wood. The movie will begin filming in Romania on May 21 2012.

Collider.com provides a full synopsis:

Charlie Countryman (LaBeouf) was just a normal guy…until he fell in love with the one girl who will probably get him killed. When Charlie meets the absolutely irresistible Gabi she’s already been claimed by Nigel, an insanely violent crime boss with a gang of thugs at his disposal. Armed with little more than his wit and naïve charm, Charlie endures one bruising beat down after another to woo Gabi and keep her out of harm’s way. Finally his exploits of blind valor create such a mess that he’s left with only one way out; to save the girl of his dreams, must Charlie Countryman die?

We do not yet know what role Rupert will play in the film, but we will of course update as soon as more information becomes available.

Distribution deals have already been closed before filming even starts and Screendaily offers a whole list that tells us this film will be shown worldwide :)

Deals have closed in Portugal (Lusomundo), Latin America (Imagem), Hong Kong (Deltamac), Singapore (Innoform), Middle East (Gulf), CIS (DT), South Africa (Ster Kinekor), Taiwan (SSG), China (HGC), Scandinavia (Scanbox), Eastern Europe (Mediapro), Benelux (Belga), Thailand (Dreams Vision), Israel (Forum), Greece, Turkey and India (Tanweer), Iceland (Samfilm) and Malaysia (13 Entertainment).

We are awaiting confirmation on this exciting news, so we must treat it as a rumour for now.

UPDATE: The news is indeed true! We will update when more information and news start to trickle in. :)

25 Comments to "Confirmed: Rupert Grint in The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman!"

Marie
May 19th, 2012 at 7:29 AM

oh my god, I hope and I pray. This sounds really cool. Dear Rep’s, please say yes, please please!!!

May 19th, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Wow, exciting news!! If this gets confirmed, I will be thrilled. It would be AMAZING to see Rupert working with Vincent D’Onofrio!! He’s such a talented actor!! :P I’d be proud for Rupert if he got to work with the likes of him. And the same goes for Melissa Leo… I loved her in The Fighter. She knocked it out of the park in that film. I so hope this rumour is true!! Just, WOW!! :D

Patricia
May 19th, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Yes!! Latin America!!! Finally I will see Rupert on big screen again!!

May 19th, 2012 at 7:56 AM

This BETTER BE TRUE!

Til Schweiger is in it, too. And Til was in Inglourious Basterds, and we know Rupert likes his Quentin films… :)

Mariel Diaz Guman
May 19th, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Wow exciting..,this is amazing to see Rupert working.,,so good luck and more blessings to come.,

Kristi
May 19th, 2012 at 1:25 PM

There’s always a sliver lining. With The Drummer delayed until fall Rupert can do this film. :D And reading about it sounds like an awesome project and a great cast. I hope this gets confirmed.

Linda
May 19th, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I hope this is true. I love Shia LaBeouf, so having both of them in the same film would send me over the edge! ;)

May 19th, 2012 at 4:35 PM

YAY!

TaoTao
May 19th, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Very excited about this. This is two movies he’ll be in plus lending his voice for a cartoon movie. And there is still plenty of time for him to be in others. And he’s picking great films… or at least films that sound great. Into The White being an amazing true story war film, The Drummer being a biopic that people are interested in, and then this that sounds like it’s going to be really gritty and different.

Pat
May 19th, 2012 at 5:08 PM

*looks at list of countries*

is it so much to ask to live in the US and get to see a rupert movie at my theater before it comes out on dvd? lol Excited about this though.

May 19th, 2012 at 5:19 PM

YAAAAAAY!! Confirmed!! :D I’m SO chuffed right now!! ^^ Do you think it’s possible that Rupert had considered this project before, but couldn’t take it because he should have been filming The Drummer at that time?? Now that The Drummer has been pushed back to the fall, suddenly Rupert has all the summer available to do whatever he wants, and maybe he could take this project because of the change of schedule in TD. If that’s the case, all I can say is I’m really happy TD was delayed!! :P

Kristi
May 19th, 2012 at 5:51 PM

There’s always a reason. He probably knew for a while about TD being delayed and looked at other scripts/offers to do in the mean time until fall. :D

Glad to have this confirmed. Yay Rupert!!

May 19th, 2012 at 11:54 PM

This is so exciting! I love Rupert’s new projects. He is being so smart with his new roles and not just taking whatever comes his way. I agree that The Drummer being delayed is a blessing in disguise. I also love that Rupert will be working with such great actors from Aaron Eckhart to Chloe Moretz and now Shia LeBouf, Melissa Leo and Evan Rachel Wood.

dead-ced-dead
May 20th, 2012 at 4:36 AM

I’m guess it was a blessing in disguise that the filming date of “The Drummer” moved, otherwise he would have never fit this in. He’s going to be busy these upcoming months, although there’s no way to say how big his role is.

No one has mentioned Mads Mikkelson yet. One of my 10 favourite actors working today and by far the best actor working on this movie (sorry, Rupert). That guy rules and brings an unrivalled intensity to his roles.

aenna
May 20th, 2012 at 4:55 AM

This is such good news, I’m glad that his upcoming movies have different genres and none of which is a typical teenage movie. I hope we’ll get to see pictures during filming.

galadriel12
May 20th, 2012 at 4:55 AM

This is fabulous. It sure sounds like a huge project and since Til Schweiger is in it, as Karo said, I’m sure Germany will be added to the list of countries too??? Please??? I’m still waiting for “Into the White” to come to the theatres. Seeing as it has two popular German actors in it, it just has to be released. And not just as a DVD.

I’m so happy Rupert has two great projects coming up and he chooses wisely. Hopefully, he will have a good role and it won’t be just a cameo. LOL

Malene
May 20th, 2012 at 6:25 AM

@dead-ced-dead – Believe me, I’m very excited that he’s in a movie with Mads Mikkelsen being a Dane myself and all ;-)
But I’m also thrilled he’s working with Evan Rachel Wood – she’s a brilliant actress in my opinion.

The fact that this film has SO many quality actors and actresses that appeal to such a vide variety of people gets my hopes up in a big way.

I can’t wait to see and hear more because I’m so intrigued as to what kind of role he’ll have.

YAY! :D

May 20th, 2012 at 8:08 AM

@dead-ced-dead: I don’t think it matters how big Rupert’s role is but rather the quality of the role. So let’s be positive and get excited about this new film with great actors.

I’m just excited that Rupert is finding such gems!

Maria
May 20th, 2012 at 1:11 PM

@galadriel12 I’m sure Germany could get a Release (I’m from Germany), but maybe it’s to soon for Germany now. I have no Doubts for USA neither, since the Prodution Company is based in West Hollywood. I mean it’s still filming. But it’s a hug Success to be casted in a Movie which has Deals in many Countries already before filming ended, espicially in Latin America, China and South Africa

roswitha
May 20th, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I´m very happy to hear about this role for Rupert. It´s great that he´s getting busy in the next time. And i hope too, this film is coming to Germany !

dead-ced-dead
May 20th, 2012 at 6:09 PM

@ Tania. I wasn’t being negative about the size of the role. I was referring to the busy next few months he’ll have and that the size of the role will make the time he’s on set either shorter or larger.

Chechula
May 20th, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Go Rupert! This movie seems to a nice opportunity. Perhaps he’ll play a bad guy which would be awesome.

shine
May 22nd, 2012 at 2:01 AM

then i’ll wait to see it! :)

aenna
May 23rd, 2012 at 2:31 AM

There’s a picture of Rupert in Tumblr- he’s with a fan and it said it was taken in Romania. Maybe some of you would like to check it out.

I love rupert