Rupert Grint: Come to Britain with Stephen Fry!

February 13th, 2012, 3:37M — Rupert Grint will be filming a promo for visiting Britain with the British actor Stephen Fry. This was first announced by Stephen Fry via his Twitter where he wrote:

“Phew, what a day! Shooting a “come to Britain” film for 2012. Julie Walters & Ruper Grint also there”

Since then, we’ve found some more details about the promo at express.co.uk where it states that the promo is “an advertising campaign to boost tourism in Britain in the run-up to the Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics.” It’s not only the well-known Stephen Fry and our very own Rupert Grint who plays a part in this campaign – the twice Oscar-nominated Julie Walters and Michelle Dockery from Downtown Abbey will also be taking part in the promo. It is partly funded by £4 million from the Olympics budget, and its message is that “Holidays at Home are Great”.

The promo is said to start filming at various iconic locations this week throughout Britain, and it will air for two months from March 8.

In other news, an article has surfaced at norgesnytt.eu where director Petter Næss has some brilliant words about the reactions to Rupert Grint‘s acting in the new film, Into the White:

“I think the fact that we have the actors that we do will characterise the film. For example, people who have seen the film say that they have never seen Rupert Grint act better.”

That’s saying a lot, isn’t it? :-)

UPDATE: Thanks to Malene and incentivetravel.co.uk, we now have a picture of Rupert from the filming of the VisitEngland promo:

Secretary of State, Jeremy Hunt has said following about the promo:

“This will be an incredibly exciting year, and the UK will be the very best place in the whole world to holiday. It’s thrilling that four of our best-loved actors are joining the campaign to get even more of us holidaying at home.”

VisitEngland’s Chief Executive James Berresford said:

“I am honoured that four national treasures such as Stephen, Julie, Michelle and Rupert are helping us to inspire UK residents to take a break at home in this momentous year! Their involvement is key in creating the highest profile campaign this country has seen in terms of boosting domestic tourism.”

In addition to the main promo, there will also be a series of additional 10 second adverts which will be shot in a number of destinations, e.g. Blackpool, Skegness, Yorkshire, Merseyside and Birmingham will be showcased.

8 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Come to Britain with Stephen Fry!"

RupertFan
February 13th, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Will he surfe? Please say yes :)

February 13th, 2012 at 8:29 AM

YAY!! That’s great news!! Seriously, Rupert Grint with Stephen Fry?? That’s a dream come true!! :P Could it get any better?? I just wish he’d work with him again for a film project, not just for a promotional campaign. But who knows, maybe after seeing the two of them together in this, some producer might want to pair them up again for a film ;) After all, they do make a great work couple.

And Julie Walters working with Rupert yet again?? That only makes it all the better ^^ I’ll never get tired of seeing these two work together :) The reunion must be great for the both of them ^^

As for Michelle Dockery, I don’t really know who she is, but my mum follows Downton Abbey and I must have seen her there :)

A Fan
February 13th, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Its great that Rupert is doing this but is there any news from Rupert’s reps of upcoming projects. I mean a real project like a movie or tv show where Rupert is actually acting in front of the camera – not a promo or voice work or music video or charity campaign. Into the White was filmed quite awhile ago and since then there has been nothing. Dan, Emma, Tom are all in the news with new film projects but there is silence from Rupert. What is going on?

galadriel12
February 13th, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Rupert is like a good wine, he’s getting better and better with age. And that’s really saying something, since he was already pretty good when he started out as Ickle-Ronniekins in PS/SS.

It’s great to hear that Rupert is doing projects like these. And I’m sure we’ll hear about another movie soon enough. Rupert has always been careful in deciding what to do next, took his time to pick a role to play. And so far, that’s been good for his career. For now, I am looking forward to seeing Into the White and then what comes next. :D

cleu grint
February 13th, 2012 at 3:53 PM

OMG! OMG! OMG! just saw on Tumblr, I’m glad I was not sad to see him at the BAFTA Awards this year.

He was eager to hear news of my new gorgeous redhead! :D

Does he surf? hopefully GORGEOUS! :D

February 13th, 2012 at 4:54 PM

@A Fan: I personally think that we should not be comparing careers. Each is going to have a different pathway in their careers. I don’t really care what Dan, Emma or Tom does. I’d rather Rupert take his time to choose the best film rather than do an average film. Remember good things comes to those who wait!

CHLOEGRINT
February 14th, 2012 at 3:39 AM

I don’t get it.. does this mean he is coming to Birmingham?!

aenna
February 14th, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Rupert has done varied things lately and that’s great. March will be a lovely month for Rupert with his movie coming out and this ad.
I hate to say but emma only got a new movie offer because of Yates and she is his favorite but aside from a thankless role in the marilyn movie and another movie that has not been shown, what else. I know I’m starting to sound like an emma basher but I just hate it when she’s all over the news over things she said or wore and I hardly hear about Rupert when he’s doing so much more. Good thing ICM is here.