Rupert Grint: Into the White goes GLOBAL – 21 countries and counting!

January 13th, 2011, 9:28PM– Big news keep on coming from the team behind the new film with Rupert Grint, Into the White. We just received a press release from the film’s distributor Scanbox Entertainment – and the film now has distribution in no less than 21 countries. There is no doubt that many more countries will come after the film festivals of early 2012, and some more PR by the actors, producers, distributors and director, Petter Næss. One thing is for certain – we can’t wait!

The 21 countries listed in the press release are the following: Germany, Great Britain, Spain, Thailand, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania, Croatia, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Luxembourg, Slovenia and Macedonia.

An impressive piece of news, isn’t it? :-) You can read the press release in its entirety here!

Also, this press release has generated some articles in the Norwegian press today, and we have the translations for you! They are great – and you can see a sneak peak from an article from tv2.no here, where Stig Henrik Hoff talks about working with Rupert:

It’s not every day that 300 screaming fans are standing everywhere outside of my hotel. Now I know they’re not there for me but for Rupert, but that doesn’t matter!

You can read the articles in our Press Archive, you can find “Stig Henrik Hoff: This is absolutely magical!” here where you can read about Hoff’s experience teaching Rupert how to ski, which sounds very entertaining.

“21 countries have secured Into the White” can be found here!

Thanks to Malene for translating!

Enjoy! :-)

16 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Into the White goes GLOBAL – 21 countries and counting!"

Roswitha
January 13th, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Yeah :) The film comes to my country !! I´m so happy right now.

Aaaahh and poor Rupert, falling in the snow all the time.

Thank´s for all the great articles and translations and interviews about this film. You´re the best :)

galadriel12
January 13th, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Squeeeee. The film will be in Germany. :D :D :D :D And I sure hope for a wider release than unfortunately Cherrybomb had. (Wild Target didn’t run here at all, to my recollection)

Kriss
January 13th, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Will not be in France … Here is Rupert underestimate ! Wild Target runed in France, but Cherrybomb didn’t, and obviously Into The White won’t run too.

Long live Rupert <3 <3

We love you. At least, I do. <3

Roswitha
January 13th, 2012 at 12:52 PM

@galadriel12 i hope for a wider release too, but i´m sure with Florian and David in the film it´ll happen :)

Patricia
January 13th, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Ok. Am I asking too much for a release in Brazil? South America? Latin America? Somewhere near me? please.. :-)
But anyway, I think that after Berlin Festival we’ll have more good news. BTW I must say it again, I just loved the new trailer, Rupert is really great in this one!

Malene
January 13th, 2012 at 2:05 PM

There’s still loads of time for countries to be announced. They even write that it’s incredible that it’s been sold to this many countries BEFORE the Norwegian premiere.
So a lot can still happen – we just have to cross our fingers :)

Trude
January 13th, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Austria – yeah baby!

Rober
January 13th, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I am Spanish and I am very happy :DDDDD :DDDDD

January 14th, 2012 at 5:15 AM

21 countries!! :D Woot woot!! And my country is one of them, too!! :P Double woot woot!! ^^

Seriously, Stig Henrik Hoff seems to be such a cool guy. Lol @ his comment about living vicariously as a worldwide known film franchise star XD

January 14th, 2012 at 5:23 AM

‘No, the boy had never been on skis before. And then it went like it normally does, he fell on his face all the time. We were almost worried for the boy because he almost fell a little too often on the first trip.’

Lol, Stieg!! :D I love his choice of words, it’s so hilarious!! XD And it’s so cute how he calls Rupert ‘boy’ ^^

Laura gow – grint
January 14th, 2012 at 8:02 AM

oh Yeah man – australia whoo!!!

aenna
January 14th, 2012 at 3:43 PM

the movie might be shown in more countries if it would receive a lot of attention / positive reviews after it’s shown, i really hope it does.
Stig sounds so cool and humble inspite of being the oldest amoung the lead actors

Jessica Ness
January 18th, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Congratulations, Rup! You must be very proud of yourself! I can’t wait until the movie comes to the US!!! Good luck, Rup…with everything!!!!!!!!!!

Maria
January 31st, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Wee! I’m going to the world premiere here in Norway :D So happy.. i really hope rup will come too

sian
July 11th, 2012 at 2:13 AM

does anyone know when it will come out in Australia??