Rupert Grint: Exclusive – Into the White TRAILER!

Rupert Grint: Exclusive – Into the White TRAILER!November 30th, 2011, 4:50 AM– We have some BIG NEWS for you right now! Zentropa has just released the brilliant trailer for Rupert Grint‘s new film, Into the White, exclusively on the Norwegian website, vg.no! There is no doubt that this trailer will make everyone even more excited about this film – even though you wouldn’t think it was possible. Petter Næss has seemingly done a superb job with this film!!

Take a look at the trailer here!

We are working on a translation of the article as we speak, but we didn’t want you to wait for the trailer any longer! Among the good stuff in the article, the Norwegian actor Stig Henrik Hoff says the following about Rupert Grint:

“He’s and all-around gentleman. Charming, funny and a f****** good actor! Always bloody well prepared, the script just spurts right out of him. Had he been a sour movie star with diva-like qualities it would have been absolutely awful, but he certainly wasn’t anything like that.”

ENJOY 🙂

UPDATE #1: You can now read the entire article from vg.no here

UPDATE #2: Many of you may not be able to understand the German and Norwegian parts of the trailer, which is why we decided to translate the bits for you – they should be in order:

Headings: Grotli, Norway, April 27, 1940. The war is raging in Europe. Zentropa presents Into the White. A film by Petter Næss

Schwarz: And what do we do now?
Schopis: We return to the coast, catch up with our army and go back to war.

Heading: Inspired by real events

Schopis: You’re officially prisoners of the Third Reich
Schwarz: Shouldn’t we shoot them?
Schopis: No.
Schwarz: Why not?
Schopis: We’re no Hottentotten, Schwarz.

Norwegian ski patrol 1: We’ve come upon a burned out German air plane here (points on map)
Norwegian ski patrol 2: The crew?
Norwegian ski patrol 1: [I/we] don’t know

Heading: In cinemas March 9 2012

UPDATE #3: The promotional adventure of Into the White is slowly getting off the ground. This also means that the film now has OFFICIAL sites at social networks which has been approved by Zentropa.

We recommend that you “Like” the Facebook Page here, “Subscribe” to the YouTube Channel here and “Follow” the Twitter here.

That way you will get all the official news and videos first! 🙂

42 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Exclusive – Into the White TRAILER!"

Roswitha
November 30th, 2011 at 1:46 PM

@galadriel12 Yeah i hope that the film comes to Germany too. Florian and David are such good actors and really well-know, like you said. German distributors can´t simply pass on this film. Daumen drücken !!!

Anna
November 30th, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I am sorry but….Majbritt 1 – Jen 0

Awesome trailer!!!!!

Mélissa
November 30th, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Wow, this is my kind of movie, powerfull and sensitive and there is Rupert in it. I’m really excited for the post potter carriere of Rupert, can’t wait for new project.

julyyy
November 30th, 2011 at 4:09 PM

did they change the title? o_O

Anna
November 30th, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Yep a few weeks ago. We posted about it.

talley
November 30th, 2011 at 4:33 PM

You know I always was alright with the name change but seeing the trailer really makes the new title, Into the White, appropriate. I was surprised at the tension from the few scenes shown.

dead-ced-dead
November 30th, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Can’t wait to see an English trailer, as then the German and Norwegian sections will be subtitled.

Great trailer otherwise.

November 30th, 2011 at 5:15 PM

@dead-ced-dead: I’m alright with the trailer as it is, even though I don’t understand the Norwegian bit (language-wise).

And I totally agree with you two, Sabine and Roswitha. We NEED this film here!

aenna
December 1st, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Watching the trailer makes me more excited to see the movie. It’s nice that all the cast were given equal screen time on the trailer.
Just a thought, maybe one of the characters will die since only four them were seen standing during the final scene.

Anna
December 1st, 2011 at 10:50 AM

That Gunner Smith look so cheeky!! Naughty boy! 🙂

galadriel12
December 1st, 2011 at 1:34 PM

I can imagine Gunner Smith is the heart and soul of the group. Maybe hot-headed, maybe getting into fights especially with the enemy at first, but then the soul.

And have you noticed in the trailer: Rupert obviously has the coveted “And” spot in the credits. Which makes him the star of the film, right? 😉 Well, for us he is anyway and all the other actors are stars and fantastic too.

Patricia
December 1st, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I see him teasing everyone..like…annoying in a good sense…but in a very clever way.

Me!
December 1st, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Hey there is a guy on twitter @ rupertgrintuk convincing people it really is him what is wrong with those people ? So confirm it or deny it ?

Sofie
December 1st, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Trailer looks amazing! Hopefully it will find its way to the Netherlands.

BTW is that a new poster as the youtube page background?

Anna
December 1st, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Honestly!?! Do we have to really deny it about that fake account! Check is last tweet! “Very busy because of the movie “Into the White”, then I should not come here so early.” Oh really….. *rollingeye*

Patricia
December 1st, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Well, it’s me again(I promise it’s the last post…today) but I was reading a few sites talking about the trailer and there’re many good lines about it. They are praising the script, acting and stating that it looks like a solid movie. A|nd of course there’s a high expectationn about Rupert next work. What’s it’s great because some people don’t like war movies , but it seems that they were very nice/kind to Into then White.

December 1st, 2011 at 11:05 PM

@ Patricia: I agree. I’m one of those people who generally are not fans of war films but Into the White seems more than a typical war film. It has more human emotion and has a different take on war. I like that fact that there are no guns and blood but still shows the affects of war on a human being.

I am so happy that Rupert chose this as his first post-HP project. Rupert seems to be very careful about which films he takes on. He seems to look at the script and the character as well as projects that holds personal senitments to like Postman Pat, rather than jumping at any and every script that comes his way.

dead-ced-dead
December 2nd, 2011 at 6:36 PM

@ galadriel12: The “and” spot is coveted, and it certainly is a prestigious spot to hold. However it means that he isn’t a lead, it squarely puts him in the “supporting” spot. It is a spot that they give to famous actors or actors with a large supporting role.

This coupled with the fact that he only has two lines of dialogue in the whole trailer, compared to Florian Lukas and Lachlan Nieboer, who easily have the most trailer time. This would suggest that Lachlan and Florian are probably the “leads”, but “leads” in the sense that they head an ensemble.

Also, the trailer’s crediting is a little misleading. Stig, the only Norwgian actor in the group, has the top billing in the Norwegian trailer. I suspect that David Kross and Florian will be top billed in the German trailer… with Rupert getting the “and” credit, and that Rupert and Lachlan will be top billed in the UK trailer, considering they’re trying to sell the movie worldwide.

In the US, where Rupert’s name outside of Potter probably is only known slightly more than David Kross’ probably wont credit their actors in the same way.

I suspect Rupert’s “and” crediting is more to with the fact that he’s Ron Weasley, and they’re trying to give emphasis to his involvement, despite probably having only 5-10 minutes screentime less than Lachlan and Florian and the same screentime as David Kross and Stig.

I’m only suspecting Florian and Lachlan have the most screentime given they easily dominate the trailer, and the norwegian trailer STILL tries to promote the Norwegian actor as the lead.

Anna
December 2nd, 2011 at 7:23 PM

I guess if Lachlan and Florian have more lines in the trailer it’s maybe because they are the upgrated. Florian Lukas cahracter in the moive is the chief of the German soldiers as Lachlan is the one over Rupert.

And let’s not forget th emoive is about 5 men stuck in a cabin in middle of nowhere. I think it’s hard to have the second role in that case. But it’s just my thoughts.

dead-ced-dead
December 3rd, 2011 at 2:51 AM

Yeah, I agree. It will still be an ensemble, with everyone sharing an equal spot of importance. However, even ensembles have “leads”. not in the sense of a regular film where the “lead” dominates the film, more in the case that the “lead” interweaves all the different story threads.

For example, think Donald Sutherland in “Mash”, or Jack in “Lost”. If anything I wouldn’t be surprised if Florian and Lachlan clock in about 5-10 minutes more screen time overall. Just, like yo said, because they’re superior officers, they’ll prbably spend a lot of the early scenes doing the talking and trying to take hold of the situation while Rupert and David Kross will need to ask for permission to speak.

« Older CommentsNewer Comments »