Rupert Grint Talks Moving On From Harry Potter and More!

November 28th, 2011, 8:16pm–In a new interview Rupert Grint talks with The Mirror to promote the UK release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 on DVD and Blu-Ray. An array of topics are discussed in depth including what has gone on in his life after Harry Potter.

“But the end of Potter saw him finally take a long break. “I have not been in too much of a rush to do anything really,” he says. “It has been nice to catch up on a few things and have a bit of freedom. I did a film earlier this year called Comrade, a Second World War movie set in Norway – that was pretty cool. Apart from that I have just been relaxing.”

He also discussed that he’s ready to get back to ‘work’:

After his break, and this final interview ahead of the release of the last Potter DVD, Rupert is ready to look for work.

So what about the biggest role of all, James Bond?

“A ginger Bond? Why not? That would be cool. But I can’t really see it myself.”

Rupert also discusses buying his own home, different items he’s purchased, and of course his own private love life. You can read the entire interview in our press archive here.

Note: It’s possible the interview took place before Comrade was changed to Into The White and that’s why he referred to the old title.

28 Comments to "Rupert Grint Talks Moving On From Harry Potter and More!"

Luciana
November 28th, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Interesting interview!!!!

Fleur
November 29th, 2011 at 4:43 AM

i dont know, to me its just look like pieces of diffrent old interviews, with yeah some new things

Patricia
November 29th, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Just thinking..I would love to see Rupert with a tattoo… :-)

Roswitha
November 29th, 2011 at 7:58 AM

@Fleur That´s probably ´cause they almost always ask the same old questions rather than to take the chance and ask him new questions, so that we could hear something entirely new about Rupert.

Anonymous
November 29th, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Is this interview fake or is he lying AGAIN? He was seen last night with Georgia Groome. A Nokia director who was in a live event in London “bump into them” second his tweet. It would be a shame if he’s lying.

Anonymous
November 29th, 2011 at 10:03 AM

why would it be a shame? Maybe he’s trying to protect them you know?

A Fan
November 29th, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Has anyone – Rupert or Georgia or their representatives – ever confirmed that they are dating? Maybe they are just good friends or maybe its not an exclusive relationship so he still considers himself single.

RupertFan
November 29th, 2011 at 12:07 PM

People need to shut up about Rupert & Georgia. Even if they are together, it’s not anyones Buisness and I wouldn’t even think on “Rupert lying” because of one Tweet, I mean really Guys.

Linda
November 29th, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Poor guy does an interview and then gets accused of lying. It doesn’t matter to anyone if he is dating Georgia Groome or not. He owes fans nothing more than to be completely gorgeous, down to Earth, and to give great performances in his roles. It seems to me he does that already. The rest is personal. I’d love to know more about his personal life, just like everyone else, but he doesn’t want to share that info, so I think I’ll be fine with what he does give us. :)

talley
November 29th, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I agree about calling Rupert a liar. That’s just childish and very assumptive (is that a word?) However, dont’ tell people to shut up because questioning about celebrities lives are on the same level as noncelebs. In your office or school it’s all about whose going with who etc…. so it’s natural but we don’t need to bombard him or his reps on such a personal subject. It will play out like he wants it to.

fleur
November 29th, 2011 at 1:31 PM

i agree with Talley.

Melissa
November 29th, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Yeah i think if he doesn’t want to talk about his personal life , it’s his choice and we’re talking about Rupert here and a lot of celebrities do it so what’s wrong with it.. I’m happy that he’s ready to get back to work, i hope to see him in a big role and getting some recognition because he is very talented and deserve it.

And don’t forget to vote for the people choice award.

Patricia
November 29th, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Hey..Rupert is not a liar…come on everyone..I take Rup’s word, so what he said is the truth to me, otherwise I think we should take care about his work, new roles..
I know that some fans would like to know everything about his life..it’s normal..but let’s take easy….
I’m waiting too much for news about his future roles..for me that’s what matters

Me!
November 29th, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Listen people when he was rumored to date her she was being called ugly and out of his league and it is by pity that he’s dating her and she got half of her twitter followers after the rumor so he is maybe protecting her imagine if all those crazy obsessed girls kept hurting her on twitter everyday what would her life be like ?

Emmie
November 29th, 2011 at 9:36 PM

I think it’s obvious they are together. In every photo I see of her she is wearing his jacket, they’ve been seen kissing and holding hands. I think he is just a very private person and he probably wants to protect her. I’m sure they just want to have some privacy wirh their relationship. I think she’s pretty darn adorable and they look so cute together :)

Rupes Fan
November 29th, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Technically someone is single if they’re not married. The interview is cut and pasted from old interviews it seems like so the single quote could be from a while ago anyway. And even if it’s not, Rupert’s personal life is his business. He has NO obligation to share with us anything. And I don’t blame him especially after all the hate Georgia gets, even death threats.

November 29th, 2011 at 11:47 PM

We haven’t never asked Rupert’s reps whether he and Georgia are dating. It really is none of our business. And all Rupert fans know that he likes to keep his personal life private.

November 29th, 2011 at 11:49 PM

sorry… ‘have never asked’

cleu grint
November 30th, 2011 at 11:10 AM

@Emmie I know that this rup ta dating Oo Georgia to the problem is that lying? it need not be saying no hiding ta dating, one thing is you get is another gaping admit to everyone what happens in your life.

ps: I’ve seen some photos of the two, until the festival … but i really want to see those that you mentioned “them holding hands, kissing and using it to coat it …… dying to see when out these photos is the link ok?

Sanny
December 4th, 2011 at 2:25 AM

You guys call yourself fan of Rupert Grint !!! You people need to trust him and whatever he says, why would he need to lie about his relationship with anyone? Obviously he is not so weak that he cannot protect anyone!!! It could also be that they could be good friends and holding hands does not always means that they are dating………..!!!

December 6th, 2011 at 4:32 AM

@Sanny: Please reconsider the language and tone of the words you use in the comments section. Remember that everyone who comments here is expected to be polite and respect each other’s opinions. Next time, your comment will be removed. Thank you.

Sanny
December 6th, 2011 at 11:42 AM

@Tania:I never meant to use any kind of rude tone………….I am just saying that as a fan we all need to trust him…………….But then to if you feel it was rude then I m Sorry………………….I didn’t mean it and if you still wanna remove it don’t wait for next time.

Sanny
December 6th, 2011 at 1:44 PM

@Tania: You are making me feel guilty now!!! :( I just wanna say sorry if anyone of you have felt bad because of my comment…………………but my only point was trust him he will not lie to us. Sorry.

December 7th, 2011 at 4:52 AM

@Sanny: I didn’t mean to make you feel guilty. Sorry if you felt that way. But starting any sentence with ‘You call yourself a Rupert fan’ doesn’t sound good. We’re all Rupert fans here.

Sanny
December 7th, 2011 at 7:41 AM

@Tania:Okay but thanks for letting me know about that……………..Next time will keep in mind :) Thanks and Take care.

cleu grint
December 7th, 2011 at 11:46 AM

@and that’s what I mean, I’ve seen some pictures of them at the festival, on his birthday in Vegas, but I never saw any pictures of the two holding hands, kissing it using much less his coat .. understand?

ps: this was what the @ Emmie said …. if people saw them kissing, holding hands would not be on the net at the same time?

venus
December 31st, 2013 at 5:13 AM

hi all..i wud like to share my opinion here..well harry potter books and movies are all over the world today and the story itself tend to target mostly young people and i believe theyll increase each..you know what i mean? Harry potter fanbase are most young people who tend to belive that the cast are “identical” to their real life..well maybe they cant accept that this is Rupert not Ron..so when everything hvnt happened like they want..they are going to be mad and crazy..youngsters this day u know?im respect Mr Grint decision not to get involved to any social media trying to protect their private..and i thought Miss Georgia should do the same thing too..u know once u share the private things in social media then it wouldnt be private anymore as everyone can see it…

venus
December 31st, 2013 at 5:40 AM

well im sorry for my long note..just a thought for a long time why so many haters to Miss Georgia which she didnt deserve it..well i thought since it imposible to erase every scene of Ron in Potters movies it will hard 4 the potterhead that their ginger haired boy wud date smone else than hermione granger..those things are the celebrity hv cost 4 their famous..so just keep in private 4 now is a better choice,i think..im sorry for my bad english, english isnt my first language..hv a nice day all..very nice fansite..:-)

Newer Comments »