Confirmed: Rupert Grint’s Comrade gets new title – INTO THE WHITE!

Confirmed: Rupert Grint’s Comrade gets new title – INTO THE WHITE!November 15th, 2011, 4:53AM– Some of you might have noticed the fact that we jumped the gun a few days ago with this piece of exclusive news! But now we’re ready to make it completely official – the upcoming film Comrade with Rupert Grint has been given a brand new title: Into the White, and we have just received the confirmation from Zentropa and TrustNordisk that this is indeed true. 🙂

What do you think of the new title?

In the press release from Zentropa which has just hit the press, the Norwegian director Petter Næss says the following about the change in title:

“Comrade was a great title for an exciting and incredible story from the Second World War. In the film’s post-production, we have reached the conclusion that Into the White is a title more fitting for the film. It has a nice ring to it and is more precise with respect to the film’s storyline and theme: Two British and three German pilots who shoot each other down and land in the Norwegian mountains during the winter where they encounter a white and unknown landscape both when it comes to facing nature and the enemy.”

According to the press release, Into the White will hit the Norwegian cinemas on March 9th 2012 🙂

Into the White!

17 Comments to "Confirmed: Rupert Grint’s Comrade gets new title – INTO THE WHITE!"

November 15th, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Loving the new title. I agree with Peter Naess, Into the White seems more fitting for the film.

Now just have to wait to watch the film…

Nathália
November 15th, 2011 at 9:52 AM

I don’t know, I think I’ve got used to “Comrade” LOL But, yes, I gues “Into The White” is not that bad.

Mary
November 15th, 2011 at 9:55 AM

I’ll be a happy camper if it plays in the US. Sigh.

talley
November 15th, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I agree Mary! I like the title and personally really think it fits better and may help with distribution. Comrade made me think of Russia and they aren’t apart of this at all.

Luciana
November 15th, 2011 at 3:37 PM

I don’t know… “Into the white” is like “Into the wild”!!

moi
November 15th, 2011 at 4:15 PM

LOL, Luciana, I think the same too!

Jessica Ness
November 15th, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I think it’s perfect! In my opinion, the new title sets the mood on World War II. It would tell the whole story about how horrible things were for the solders and their loved ones during that time. Thank you for changing the title. I hope the movie will be wonderful.

Patricia
November 15th, 2011 at 5:56 PM

I don’t know…Comrade reminds me something related to friendshio, but in to the white reminds me just snow…but anyway, they must know the best titte for the film.

aenna
November 15th, 2011 at 6:54 PM

i think comrade sounds better but i probably just need getting use to Into the White.
It will probaly be shown in US if it does well in the european countries.

Emmie
November 15th, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I don’t really care for either name to be honest. Really hope I get to see it though. Rupert looks too cute with curls 😉

November 16th, 2011 at 5:17 AM

It’s not that I don’t like the new title, I think it is indeed fitting for the film, but I liked Comrade better… I don’t know, it’s just one word, but with such a strong meaning!! Into the White could be just anything. Lol, it would even the the title of Eddie The Eagles’s film project XD Comrade is straighter to the point.

Nathália
November 16th, 2011 at 3:56 PM

+1 in what BonnieRadcliffe said.

Melissa
November 16th, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Does Rupert have a twitter account now, i think i find him.
@RupertGOfficial

Its him or not, i’d love to know.

November 17th, 2011 at 1:16 AM

@Melissa: we’ll look into the account and get back to you.

Niamh Ireland
November 17th, 2011 at 12:27 PM

hmmm.it will take me awhile to stop referring to it as Comrade as I just started not calling it the wrong name originially..but it is a great name due to the films theme..
Wonder will we get international release dates because I ‘m sincerely hoping it doesnt go like Cherrybomb and Driving Lessons as I just about was lucky enough to see them at different film festivals that weren’t too far from home…this might be a tad bit different!

mandapuspi
November 19th, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I don’t know, I think the word ‘Comrade’ fits the title already. ‘Into The White’ reminds me of Sean Penn’s ‘Into The Wild’, don’t you think?

Scotty
March 16th, 2012 at 1:04 AM

the blue panties!!!!!! smh i mean she couldve at least matched the panties w/e that poor excuse for an outfit is