Rupert Grint donates painting to HRH Prince Charles’ “The Prince’s Trust”!

November 7th, 2011, 10:21AM– You all know that one of Rupert Grint‘s hobbies is art, and once again, Rupert donates a piece of his art for a good cause – a very special one at that:
A painting of Rupert is up for an auction to raise money for “The Prince’s Trust”, founded by Prince Charles himself.

The acrylic painting, which you can see below, will be open for viewing from 31 November to 5 December and on 7th December 2011 from 6.30pm at the Assembly Rooms in Bath by appointment only. The sale begins on the 7th December at 7.45pm.

You can also find a version of the painting in our Gallery.

Thanks to Masha for the tip! (source)

14 Comments to "Rupert Grint donates painting to HRH Prince Charles’ “The Prince’s Trust”!"

Minnie Timperley
November 7th, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Aww so cool! <3 I love all of his known artworks and am desperate to see more.

November 7th, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Interesting… I wonder what’s the meaning behind that intriguing painting :P

galadriel12
November 7th, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Amazing!! How talented Rupert is. Well, I knew that of course, but still he never stops to amaze me. I hope this will earn the Prince’s Trust a lot of money. The painting is really interessting and he seems to be experimenting with different painting styles and material too. A faceless strawberry-blonde woman plays tic tac toe with a clown. Wonder if there is a meaning behind it. A conscious one, I mean.

Mélissa
November 7th, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Rupert is very talented, i love it and I’m sure there is a meaning.

November 7th, 2011 at 1:05 PM

An A* in Arts? Okay, now that’s impressive. That was always my worst subject…

Rupert, what’s the reason behind the woman’s missing face?

And I will admit, it was hard not to use the words “Weasley is our KING” within the post… ahem!

Marie H.
November 7th, 2011 at 6:10 PM

No one ask me, but hahaha, I think is a very strong paint, in my very personal interpretation, I think is an eye, and it’s like a picture, then I can translate it like a memory, a girl playing (may be one of his sisters, why not?), and the eye represents how we remember this images, the black lines seems like veins or nerves of the eye.

Holy Mother, five years at the architecture school makes you weird.

lovelle
November 7th, 2011 at 6:48 PM

that so awesome! I mean I know that he’s an artist but I’m just so glad he’s donating it all to charity which I appreciate! More power to him!

talley
November 7th, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Nice. I saw somewhere that it’s a version of the BBC test card used to put up when there was no program on. Again something referring to his childhood.

aenna
November 7th, 2011 at 8:28 PM

the painting’s quite intriguing. He’s really talented, i hope to see more of his art works.

jesi
November 8th, 2011 at 4:18 AM

wow talley, thanx for answering the question on my mind! =D it is indeed:

Melissa
November 8th, 2011 at 1:17 PM

We can vote now for the people choice award, you can vote as many time as you want so go vote for Rupes, he is in the category favorite movie star under 25.

mana weasley
November 8th, 2011 at 8:21 PM

vote for rupert!!!!!1

paula
November 9th, 2011 at 10:50 AM

VOTE 4 RUPERT!!!

Jessica Ness
January 18th, 2012 at 6:04 PM

That’s wonderful, Rupert! Hey, you know what? If we ever met, I might have a job for you. I mean, it’s nothing to do with a movie, but your artistic abilities. If we ever met, I would like to share an idea with you. It’s not much, but at least it would be something I think you would like. You don’t have to make your choice right away if we met, it would just be something to think about.