More of Rupert Grint at the BBC Teen Awards 2011

October 10th, 2011, 12:10pm–Yesterday we celebrated with you the amazing win of Rupert Grint at the BBC Teen Awards 2011 as Best British Actor. While we are still feeling like walking on clouds, we took some time to share with you the latest news of the event.

Rupert spoke with uk.omg.yahoo.com and answered some fan question:

Are you working on any new movies or projects? @KaylaDz
Yeah. I’m doing the Postman Pat movie. It should be fun. It’s kind of a musical story so different to stuff I’ve done so far.

Have you ever thought about getting a Twitter account to communicate with your fans? @supportsHP

To read the rest of the interview head over to our presspage here.

We also found a nice quote of OK magazine:

“Rupert Grint was the big winner on the night, taking home the Best Actor Award after being nominated for his role as Ron Weasley in the final of the Harry Potter franchise.

Speaking following his award, Rupert said: “I’m just the ginger one in the background, this shouldn’t be happening!”“

The first clips showed up on YouTube . You can watch one of the clips below or directly on our YouTubechannel:

Thanks to TheMeepa for the clip.

DON’T FORGET to check out our gallery as we are continue uploading MQs and HQs.

19 Comments to "More of Rupert Grint at the BBC Teen Awards 2011"

Emmie
October 10th, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Lmao….really! The story about the guy in the wheelchair is too funny! I know you all don’t agree, but please get on Twitter Rupert 

RupertFan
October 10th, 2011 at 12:55 PM

“Yeah I have thought about it. I think it’s a good way to communicate with fans. There have been a lot of fake ones of me. They post really embarrassing things like ‘I’ve just taken a massive dump.’ So I should probably do it.”

oh please do it, please Rupert.

@Emmie why shouldn’t we agree?

Anna
October 10th, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Oh God Rupert it is not only fake account that put embarassing things. I am still against that idea but at least I will have some peace on twitter and never have those tweets again, while he will get them. poor guy really,

Melissa
October 10th, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Yes the story about the guy in the wheelchair is too funny. ”We were trailing him along for about a mile! I’m not sure if he was a fan or just wanted a lift. i laugh so hard . Yes why should’t we agree, i think that it would be cool.

RupertFan
October 10th, 2011 at 2:01 PM

@Anna tbh Emma has a Twitter Acc and there is no Problem with it, he don’t must tweet much and Emma just got a few strange Tweets at the Begin and she is still private and anything. Matthew, Tom, Evanna etc are all the same. Evanna just joined Twitter because of Fakes at the Begin and now she is happy to communicate with Fans and about the love she gets there

Anna
October 10th, 2011 at 2:09 PM

@RupertFan. Well honestly I doubt you see and read all the tweets she receive/ed so noone can know except the person il charge of that twitter account which I doubt it’s 100% Emma who is updating it. For the rest of the cast it’s the same you can’t imagine which kind of tweet they receive, meanwhile I can have an idea because being in charge of our RGUs twitter account, I received all the weird tweets and it’s more than a “few strange” and knowing how hard a lot of fans are toward his sisters. Yeah Rupert if you read this, stay away from Twitter.

fleur
October 10th, 2011 at 2:11 PM

@Anna i couldnt agree more.. stay away from twitter Rupert..

btw: wow that fan!! yeah rupert im sure it was a fan lol

RupertFan
October 10th, 2011 at 2:21 PM

@Anna such Fans will be always there everywhere, because it’s normally now like there will be always People who won’t like him or Emma or whoever. I would be suprised if there wouldn’t be strange Fans, because almost every Celeb has them and NOT just on Twitter, so a Twitter Account wouldn’t change anything, exept making many Fans happy and Fakes being gone and that he can communicate with them, nothing else will happen. I know sometmes Emmas Team is tweeting, People know this, but do you think People care? They know Emma will tweet again and she couldn’t care less about strange People, what Fans are also doing or they wouldn’t want Rupert on Twitter.

Anna
October 10th, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I never talked about people not liking him. I am talking about crazy fans tweeting stupid and embrassing thing and for what I know it is more than a few and probably more than you can ever imagine. So I stay on my word. Rupert if you read this, away from Twitter for your own good.

talley
October 10th, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Love how I can’t hear a thing in the video. Both the “dump” and wheelchair story are classic Rupert remarks. Blows you out of the water funny and yet I can hear his soft voice say it with such subtlety.

I go back and forth about Twitter. I think overall it would be nice for him to have an official one just to say the others are fake and be on top of first “OFFICAL” news. I’m pretty sure he’d not be very involved except to post or have someone post once in awhile. He may read through tweets but he seems like a guy who would stop after like 30 seconds. lol I see no harm at this point and he can always quit it like a few have.

fleur
October 10th, 2011 at 2:31 PM

im sorry for coming into your conversation :S but, yeah i agree with Anna, because when im reading some tweets, im just so impressed what some fans even dare to tweet. sometimes its even disrespectful.. to Rupert, and its not even funny. im just saying. but well, i guess its everybody’s choice, but yeah. im not really positive about it. now he didnt even say he WILL but he said he SHOULD so nothing confirmed ;)

RupertFan
October 10th, 2011 at 2:45 PM

@fleur everyone can discuss :D but anyway Fans don’t care about it, because you can read this about almost every Celeb, so why do you even care to read these or give Attention to it? Just ignore them, that’s what also every Celeb is doing, because the love they get will always be bigger than the Hate or whatever. Rupert would concentrate to the Fans. I’m sure Rupert got disrespectful Comments in real Life already, that sounds harsh but it also happend with Emma already and so with Daniel. So I don’t think he would be suprised of Twitter or the World anymore. You can’t change People or the World, just accept how she is and ignore what you can ignore. He could be like Vanessa Hudgnes who is on Twitter for Months now without one Tweet, but is verified and the Fans can reply to her, they have her near them.

Emmie
October 10th, 2011 at 4:22 PM

There are definitely crazy fans out there, but I think Rupert is a big boy and can handle that. I love Tom’s Twitter and would live if Rupe had a similar one…you know posting random things like “cooking sausages” or something like that…lol 

Masha
October 10th, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I don’t want Rupert to have a twitter either :|

I like it that he’s more private than other celebrities. and yeah, all the stupid things I read sometimes on twitter make me shudder

fleur
October 10th, 2011 at 4:41 PM

me too Masha, … well i like tom’s one, but sometimes he tends to post stuff like where he goes, for example in los angeles, thats how some people came over nd knew in which cinema he was.. :S imagine if rupert does that, all the crazy fans out there are gonna run into him poor boy…

talley
October 10th, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Like I said it goes back and forth. Overall it’s his decision. I’ll be happy if he had one. I’ll be fine if he never does. However with Tom I think he was naive about that but at the same time I wonder if he didn’t put it out there on purpose? I get a mix with him. Like he’s being nice and open yet it’s also about getting followers and attention. But overall I’m not a huge Twitter person so…….just having fun while it lasts.

ashley
October 11th, 2011 at 9:59 AM

i wish i were there!!! i am going to scream so hard to let rupert knows that we love him so very much

Jessica Ness
October 11th, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Congratulations on the award, Rupert! You deserve it! If Jim and Mike saw you getting it, I’m sure they would agree. You will always have people behind you, Rupert! I hope everything you do in the future is just as wonderful as Harry Potter was. Good luck with everything, Grintinstud!

galadriel12
October 13th, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Oh man, I am so happy for Rupert to finally have gotten the long overdue recognition. I just watched the clip and looks like the audience was veeeeerrry happy with the outcome of that vote too. :D Due to the screaming, I couldn’t really understand one word Rupert said thoug. LOL