Rupert Grint To Lend Voice To Postman Pat Movie!

September 15th, 2011, 8:05pm–The news has just broke that Rupert Grint will be in a new movie! This time in a 3D CGI movie for Postman Pat originally a stop animation series aimed at pre-school children. This apparently is a very British icon, so a lot of us outside of the UK don’t know much, but fear not, you can learn about everything here. It is believed by many that Rupert will voice Pat’s son, Julian.

Of the film Rupert said: “I used to watch Postman Pat when I was a small boy. My brother and sisters all did at some stage.

“Postman Pat is one of those British symbols, I suppose. You are totally familiar with him and his cat Jess, even if you have never watched the series.

“How exciting to be part of the Postman Pat heritage.”

You can read all about it here.

Joining Rupert will be fellow Harry Potter co-stars Jim Broadbent (Slughorn) and David Tennant (Crouch, Jr.)!

17 Comments to "Rupert Grint To Lend Voice To Postman Pat Movie!"

Marie
September 15th, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I’m always suprised of Rupert, I never thought he would do Voice Work again and now with David Tennant and Jim Broadbent.

I’m sure we will hear much more the next Months of him :D

naty
September 15th, 2011 at 8:36 PM

that’s awesome!

Patrick
September 15th, 2011 at 8:48 PM

I just wiki postman pat and Julian is ginger LOL

Marie/sunflower4
September 15th, 2011 at 8:56 PM

This seems great and its different so I hope it all goes down well with the movie :) Great voices so far.

September 15th, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Postman Pat is definitely a British kids icon. I remember watching it on TV here, in Australia when I was a kid. Actually, it’s still on tv now. When the movie comes out, I will be watching it. A trip down memory lane!

TaoTao
September 15th, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I’ve definitely never heard of it, but I hope to get to see it despite it being a huge British icon. Anything with Rupert… LOL

September 16th, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Great news!! :D I’ve always wanted Rupert to voice a character for an animated film, so this is something I’ve been hoping for for some time now :P It’s so wonderful that he’s taking part in a project that it’s to ‘British’. I mean, it seems that Postman Pat is all but an icon in the UK. I think they have aired this show in my country, too, because after googling it I have a feeling I have seen it earlier.

It’s kind of sweet that Rupert is working in something this childish :) I suppose this film is intended for very little children. It’ll not be the first time Rupert works in a children’s film, but this film looks as if it’s aimed at very young children. I’d also love it if Rupert voiced a character for a Pixar film. Those are the best animation films ever!!

September 16th, 2011 at 3:44 AM

This is cool! I love the voice work he did in the past. Of course this means travelling for me (again) cause if it does get released in Germany, it won’t be in English, hence without Rupert’s voice.
Ah well, London’s always worth a visit. :)

Malene
September 16th, 2011 at 4:16 AM

Aaww this brings back memories – they used to show it here in Denmark as well… I remember knowing the theme song by heart… actually, just youtubed it and I can still sing along lol

So awesome that Rupert is doing this!

fleur
September 16th, 2011 at 6:01 AM

Im so glad he’s part of this.. its amazing :)
however, i dont really like the 3D thing… i wonder if he’s going to go to los angeles for this, or do it in england.

me!
September 16th, 2011 at 6:15 AM

I think I never saw this cartoon but I will definitely watch anything with rupert in it :)

September 16th, 2011 at 7:15 AM

I love how Rupert chooses his projects based on the impact something had on his life. When he chose to film Eddie, he said his father had told him his story when he was little and he thought of Eddie as a hero. When he did the milk campaign, he said he just loves his milk XD And about Comrade, didn’t he say he always wanted to film a Second WW film because his grandfather used to tell him stories about that time period and he thought it was really interesting?? I’m not too sure about this last thing, but I *think* I read that somewhere.

And now he’s voicing Julian because he and his siblings used to watch Postman Pat as children and it brings good memories of his childhood. That’s so sweet!! :P He’s such a sentimental guy!! He always tries to find a way to relate his work to his personal life.

Masha
September 16th, 2011 at 9:45 AM

this project is getting more and more exciting :)

September 16th, 2011 at 11:47 AM

I wonder how it will be, because Rupert is voicing a 6-year-old child. This is going to be interesting :)

fleur
September 17th, 2011 at 5:27 PM

i wish i were in vegas now :-/

Karo, Tao and Anna
September 17th, 2011 at 8:05 PM

We’re sending you guys the best wishes from Vegas! Got our lollipops and have taken a look at the Chateau. Nice :) Now a bit of resting before the party…

Sydney Grint
September 20th, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Boo yah! Postman Pat! I’ve always wanted Rupert to do a voice in an animated film, this will be awesome! 2013 seems like forever away to mee…..arrg! haha