Rupert Grint: Exclusive – Comrade Gets Norwegian Premiere Date!

Rupert Grint: Exclusive – Comrade Gets Norwegian Premiere Date!September 5th, 2011, 4:34PM– Exclusive news has just been confirmed to us – and we are itching to share it with you guys!

The upcoming film with Rupert Grint, namely Comrade, has finally been given a premiere date for Norway – if everything goes as planned, it will be coming to theatres on February 24, 2012! The confirmation was given to us by the film’s producer herself, Valerie Edwina Saunders. No doubt: this is the news that we’ve all been waiting for!

Even though this date is just for Norway, we already know at least four other countries that will be getting the film distributed as well: Australia, UK, Poland and Spain. It is only a matter of time – and patience – before we will be getting dates for these countries (and more).

There is absolutely no need for it, as we all know what the film is about – but seeing as this is some very exciting news – let’s just recap what the film is really all about. 🙂 On TrustNordisk‘s own website, the film is described as follows:

Comrade is an anti-war movie. High above the harsh Norwegian wilderness, English and German pilots shoot each other to the ground after a violent chance encounter. Isolated, they must fight to survive the brutal winter. Though war has madethem enemies, antagonism is hard to maintain as days go by. Through mutual need, unlikely friendships bloom. Somehow, they become comrades. War, after all, is absurd.

Directed by the Norwegian director, Petter Næss, the film’s cast includes a lot of promising names such as Florian Lukas, Lachlan Nieboer, David Kross, Stig Henrik Hoff and of course our very own Rupert Grint.

14 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Exclusive – Comrade Gets Norwegian Premiere Date!"

RupertFan
September 5th, 2011 at 5:27 AM

I want a Premiere in Germany and UK. I mean a Premiere with People attending, like for HP (I know it won’t be that big)

GabbyRups.fan
September 5th, 2011 at 5:41 AM

I agree. I wish there be at least a little premiere of the film

Malene
September 5th, 2011 at 5:47 AM

Well, it is a Norwegian film first and foremost so it is only natural that a premiere date in Norway is announced first.

This is exciting news – I love all these announcements that trickle out as we get closer and closer to seeing it ourselves 🙂

yweasley
September 5th, 2011 at 9:34 AM

i checked the berlin film festival, it’s in feb 9-19, 2012. wouldn’t it be awesome if it was entered & won the golden bear. i hope. it would be more awesome if it was entered in cannes film festival,
could you imagine rupert in cannes on the red carpet. even better. too bad it couldn’t be entered for venice ff.

Anna
September 5th, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Comrade and festival doesn’t mean to be presented as a movie but to be sold at distributors. they do that too during festivals and that what happened in Cannes.

RupertFan
September 5th, 2011 at 10:52 AM

yeah but Berlinale is not really a Event for Premiere’s. This Movie deserves a own Premiere. Many german and english Movies have a own Premiere, so why should’nt Comrade?

Majbritt
September 5th, 2011 at 12:06 PM

A premiere where people are attending… who says that Rupert & Co. wont be attending the premiere in Norway? I mean… the film was made there, so I’m guessing it wont be an insignificant event. Without knowing it, my guess is that it’ll be right up there with the London premieres in terms of attendance etc.

talley
September 5th, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Of course I’d be happy if a premier with Rupert happens, but I’m just happy how this movie seems to have attracted alot of attention. Glad it’s getting distribution deals and not just staying an independent Norweigan film. So yeah!

Anna
September 5th, 2011 at 1:52 PM

I don’t get the link between the Premiere (in Norway) and Berlinale…. A Premiere in germany doesn’t mean at the Berlinale anyway. I am sure people will prefere an event at berlinale than nothing at all.

Bunnie
September 5th, 2011 at 6:05 PM

I can’t wait. Thanks!

Laura gow – grint
September 5th, 2011 at 6:22 PM

I want a premiere in australia

LJ
September 5th, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Gosh, do you think we will ever be able to see it in the States?

aenna
September 6th, 2011 at 9:48 PM

i’m excited to see this movie. I hope i can get a dvd copy if i won’t be able to see it in theater

Anonymous
September 7th, 2011 at 1:11 PM

i want a rupert movie that will make it to the US lol