Rupert Grint Attends The Teen Choice Awards!

August 7th, 2011, 10:26pm–As we told you yesterday, Rupert Grint has attended the Teen Choice Awards. While Rupert himself isn’t nominated, he is there to support Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 as well as his co-star Tom Felton for his nomination for best villain. Unfortunately no pictures (yet) have surfaced, however Tom and Rupert accepted the award while the Teen Choice Awards’ paid a mini-tribute the the franchise. Co-star Daniel Radcliffe won as well and appeared via satellite to accept his award! You can watch it if you missed via youtube below:

UPDATE: We now have some MQ photos of Rupert at the TCAs! Check them out here.

UPDATE: We’ve also now started to add HQ photos! You can see them here.

24 Comments to "Rupert Grint Attends The Teen Choice Awards!"

TaoTao
August 7th, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Ah, good news. Pictures are popping up. Will have the MQ versions (and hopefully HQ) soon!!

August 7th, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Can someone explain to me why there is such thing as a Teen Choice Award?

Looks like something that is so meaningless and seems like a waste of time really. Why are we rewarding and encouraging the mediocre?

Bree
August 7th, 2011 at 11:14 PM

well tania teens have the right to vote for their favorite artists too, if you don’t like it, you don’t need to watch it, or vote, they exist because some people like it

pappy
August 7th, 2011 at 11:43 PM

i nearly lost my patients for rupert to appear on the screen. i was pleased when he finally did. i wasn’t surprised of the t-shirt, i was just curious and he didn’t disappoint. he showed his love for LA itself. by the way rupert looked cute and tom looked hot.

Patricia
August 8th, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Well, all of us will be teenagers or all of us were teenagers once…so..I agree that’s not a great award but.some people like it. Anyway I was surprised that HP won everything..really, of course I think we deserved . ..but it was great to see Rup, Ton and Dan together! It really makes me happy to see them again, together.

talley
August 8th, 2011 at 12:37 AM

I remember as a kid/teen not having anything I liked win or more importantly even nominated. So yeah, I see why they have them but in reality they should be called for the past few years and into the next two at least the Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Cameron Diaz or Justin Timberlake show. lol

rupert looked great and I loved he got a huge roar from the crowd

August 8th, 2011 at 12:58 AM

@ Bree: I understand that the TCA is purely for teens but it just perputates the so called importance of winning a popularity contest. Trust me, I don’t watch this stuff and I never watched this kind of stuff when I was a teen either.

Mehlahknee Rainah
August 8th, 2011 at 1:14 AM

I’ve never heard Rupert talk to brave lol. All the other times I’ve heard him, he so soft spoken but idc, LOVE HIM!!! I didn’t see the award show but this would have been the only part I would have watched anyway lol. I just hope to see more of Rupert and wish all of the stars of the series success in all they do!!!

Rose
August 8th, 2011 at 2:34 AM

A popularity contest? Well, Tania if that’s what the TCA is then you may as well not like any award show.

The TCA is an awards show like any other except its geared toward Teens.
Like the Nick Awards are geared towards children.

The Grammy’s, Golden Globes and Oscars are no different except who they are geared toward.
Teens like to see films, tv shows and musicians they love be nominated and win.
And these are the places for it to happen.
They don’t always win or even get nominated for other award shows.
Teens and children feel left out.
I use to feel that was as a young teen/ child…

So this is for them.
And you clearly don’t care for it. Its not hurting anyone so just ignore it and enjoy the pictures of the cast and the fact that Harry Potter won several awards.

C.Rsl
August 8th, 2011 at 5:56 AM

Rupert is so cute ! I love his smile <3

Fleur
August 8th, 2011 at 6:53 AM

i just want to express my opinion, and yeah, i dont care about TCA, im not a fan of it aswell, but there’s something i dont understand, (now everybody has their own opinion), but, why was Rebecca black there? like seriously, i mean, she recorded only like 2 songs, or somthing, and she was there… im like ermmm… but well, everybody has a different opinion, and we need to respect it.
but back to Rupert, he’s still adorable, i just love him, and im glad he won something aswell, now im just looking for new movie projects, i cant wait! :)

Emmie
August 8th, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Gee..I hope Rupert washes those pants since he wears them all the time…lol ;) He looks adorable as always. On Tom’s twitter he said his last day in LA was last night… so maybe Rupert is headed back to England as well today :)

Masha
August 8th, 2011 at 8:16 AM

I still hate the fact that Rupert wasn’t even nominate for those awards. but it was very nice of him to attend them and to be cheerful. and he was great on stage :)

TaoTao
August 8th, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Actually the TCAs are a popularity contest because the teens vote for them. In all honesty, the Harry Potter fans sat and voted until they could vote no more in order to beat Twilight. Otherwise Twilight would have swept the nominations.

And sadly even the big awards shows can be popularity contests… not so much in the fact that they’re voted on, but if it’s popular at the moment that will win the awards. Like Alanis won all those grammys when Jagged Little Pill came out but only one since because of the popularity of the song. Oscars? You can bribe the ones voting with gifts. Now the later a lot of deserving movies and such win… but just saying.

Catty
August 8th, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Its so nice to see that Rupert is growing in confidence, although I think it always helps when he’s with a friend.

Marie
August 8th, 2011 at 6:31 PM

@Tao everyone could just vote one Time each Day,so voting until the End is not.The biggest Reason they won is that the biggest HP Time was during the whole voting

maryb
August 8th, 2011 at 9:23 PM

acording to TCA next year will be a surprise for us !! TCA 2012 harrypotter!!

Nat
August 8th, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Congratulations to all the cast of Harry Potter! You all deserve it. As for Rupert, event though he’s not nominated, he’s very cheerful and down to earth, that’s very nice of him. I love you Rupert! :)

pappy
August 9th, 2011 at 2:39 AM

can anyone tell me the real reason for why rupert went to LA? is it just for the ‘american dad’ thing?

Tiffany Lovette
August 9th, 2011 at 4:31 AM

Congrats to the Harry Potter cast. You all deserve it.. I’m a little up set that Rupert was not nominated for an award…I love Rupert so much…

Fleur
August 11th, 2011 at 3:54 AM

Hey Anna, i need to email you something, where can i? (je sais que tu parles français donc…) :) x

Anna
August 11th, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Tjs la mm adresse Fleur. anna@rupert-grint.us :)

Fleur
August 11th, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Ok un grand merci! :)

Paige Welden
August 28th, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Rupert, you are in my heart forever. Good luck in the future. Have fun. I really enjoy your work. :)

Newer Comments »