Rupert Grint Talks To The Observer!

Rupert Grint Talks To The Observer!July 2nd, 2011, 11:26pm–Remember when Rupert Grint was photographed in the skeleton sweater a few weeks back on the streets of London? Looks like he was there for an interview and photoshoot with The Gauardian’s Observer to promote Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. Rupert talks on an array of subjects with quotes from castmates and others talking about who he is as a person. It is quite a good read with lots of talk about Rupert’s laid back attitude and some new tidbits about his life.

“Any slower and he’d be in reverse,” so says his on-screen brother James Phelps. And co-star Matthew Lewis says, “Nothing fazes him.”

Other awesome tidbits? Rupert calls his father, Nigel, “Nige” where Matt says that Rupert’s done that for as long as he can remember; that it’s just Rupert’s way. And also, after being press by the interviewer about his first impression of Dan after their first meeting, he says: “I remember thinking,” says Grint, grinning brilliantly, “that this guy has a really triangular-shaped head.”

You can read the entire article here (it’s well worth the long read!) and see the image that went along with the it here.

35 Comments to "Rupert Grint Talks To The Observer!"

eliza
July 3rd, 2011 at 2:53 PM

hello girls need God and low for the premiere of harry potter! that emotion! and very good story of Rupert Grint and Not to mention the photo comes out very sexy! but I did not really understand the party if this really going out with Georgia Groome? Jaa me if any of you could clarify that point very well if god emotion in case if they are going to happy some of you could clarify me very well thanks

Luciana
July 3rd, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Great interview!! I loved it!! But I can’t believe how many haters are out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosa
July 3rd, 2011 at 4:01 PM

I like this articule quite a lot. I find it interesting, although it took me a while to understand some parts LOL

I haven’t heard about that video before, first new I have about it. But well, I prefer not knowing that kind of things…

July 3rd, 2011 at 4:15 PM

@ Eliza: Rupert told the reporter or at least implied that he has not a girlfriend right now, and 4 days after the interview a tabloid published a story about Rupert being dating Georgia Groome, so the reporter considers the possibility that Rupert was kind of lying to him during the interview and that Georgia is indeed his girlfriend. But bear in mind that it was a tabloid which published that story, so as long as it’s not confirmed I guess we’ll have to think of it as a rumour 😉

talley
July 3rd, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Not getting any sadness from the interview. *shrugs* I mean it’s nothing new about going places and being recognized and we’ve seen and heard about him being a little besieged by fans at times. So I’m not getting any major emotion from Rupert on that one. I have no idea how this can be contrived to haters of Rupert? I thought it made him come across like we have always seen as a very unique and quiet and more importantly guarded young man. Loved it and thought the sweater looked awesome in that shot compared to just walking around in it.

July 3rd, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I agree Bonnie. I don’t see how Rupert haters can pounce on this article. If any it gives a little bit more insight about Rupert and why he is so guarded. I think that again, we may be reading too much into this interview.

azul
July 4th, 2011 at 12:13 AM

I really I can not understand pretty well this interview =/
I reall wanna know if Rupert is single? please I need the answers!!

July 4th, 2011 at 3:41 AM

I have got to say, the guy who wrote that did a good job. Also about the part of Rupert becoming more withdrawn around HP3/HP4. Very spot-on.
And *squee* that picture is pretty big in the actual paper, so glad I got hold of one late last night.

Trude
July 4th, 2011 at 4:53 AM

I am surprised I haven’t seen this posted anywhere else yet – I know some fansites seem to ignore Rupert’s existence (or so it seems) but normally, Snitchseeker does post everything that’s going on with all the actors

jesi
July 4th, 2011 at 5:41 AM

wow.. this guy (the writer of the article) really studied Rupert’s personality and I think he did a great job. He did his homework well… really searched & watched videos of Rupert on youtube.

I’m dumbfounded … especially at the part where he asked the point in time when Rupert became withdrawn, he noticed it too.. how Rupert changed from being the most animated of the 3, to being the most quiet & reserved. He also noticed his genius, from his acting talent, to his skill at deflecting awkward questions. I think this reporter got Rupert more than others.

you know, these writers just really get frustrated when they can’t get much out of their subject, and when they can’t, they get mad. but they don’t understand that its takes real journalistic skills to get something out of Rupert coz he’s become so “guarded” about the things he says, and Rupert is an expert at NOT wearing his heart on his sleeves…

July 4th, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Azul, we don’t really know if Rupert is single or not. The reporter only mentioned a tabloid rumour 😉 I don’t really think that this writer became frustrated about Rupert not wanting to be very forthcoming. He just acknowledges Rupert’s interest in keeping private things private, but it’s not as if he’s judging Rupert negatively because of that. If anything he takes an understanding approach. Remember he wonders how Rupert gets anywhere being constantly stopped by fans 😛 So I have a feeling this Tom Lamont really liked Rupert and is kind of excusing him for his lack of involvement in interviews.

Now, this Josh Spero whose tweet Tom Lamont retweeted didn’t find Rupert particularly interesting. I wonder why Tom Lamond retweeted that tweet 😕 I really couldn’t care less about Josh Spero’s opinion on Rupert (he’s judging him just by reading a single interview, anyway), but I don’t get why Tom retweeted it.

Marie
July 4th, 2011 at 2:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEIpaMAqV_Q&feature=youtu.be Rupeeeeeeeeert

aenna
July 4th, 2011 at 4:23 PM

I like the article, it was kind of insightful. I’m glad the interviewer did not underrate him. @ Trude, I agree that some fansites ignore him and eventhough he has done a lot outside the HP films his works just does not receive as must attention as D&E

Marie
July 4th, 2011 at 5:06 PM

can someone confirm that Rupert will be at @Daybreak (twitter) this Week?I read tweets about it
@stuff can you confirm it?

Tiffany Lovette
July 5th, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Who would treat Rupert like that. But he is still so sexy……I like his laid back attitude….there’s nothing wrong with that…

« Older Comments