Rupert Grint Talks To The Observer!

Rupert Grint Talks To The Observer!July 2nd, 2011, 11:26pm–Remember when Rupert Grint was photographed in the skeleton sweater a few weeks back on the streets of London? Looks like he was there for an interview and photoshoot with The Gauardian’s Observer to promote Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. Rupert talks on an array of subjects with quotes from castmates and others talking about who he is as a person. It is quite a good read with lots of talk about Rupert’s laid back attitude and some new tidbits about his life.

“Any slower and he’d be in reverse,” so says his on-screen brother James Phelps. And co-star Matthew Lewis says, “Nothing fazes him.”

Other awesome tidbits? Rupert calls his father, Nigel, “Nige” where Matt says that Rupert’s done that for as long as he can remember; that it’s just Rupert’s way. And also, after being press by the interviewer about his first impression of Dan after their first meeting, he says: “I remember thinking,” says Grint, grinning brilliantly, “that this guy has a really triangular-shaped head.”

You can read the entire article here (it’s well worth the long read!) and see the image that went along with the it here.

35 Comments to "Rupert Grint Talks To The Observer!"

TaoTao
July 2nd, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Wow. Two mess ups… didn’t realize another staffer had posted at the same time. lol It happens. Also my mess up with the post… I tell you.

Karina Mota
July 3rd, 2011 at 12:10 AM

you’re so cute, well, I’m Mexican, I like the series of Harry Potter
you’re a good actor
greetings good boy
it’s interesting your blog
greetings from Mexico

mana weasley
July 3rd, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Please vote for Ron Weasley (rupert grint) and others characters…n_n

Bree
July 3rd, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Yeah sort of, um… poor rupert! but that’s so true, i’ve seen interviews of him and sometimes the interviewer ask something and rupert answers another thing, may be after all this years, and so many interviews he program himself and sometimes he doesn’t really hear the question. But he is absolutely cute, i don’t care how many times he say kind of, yeah, or sort of, can’t wait to see him in other characters, maybe someday a romantic comedy, or a Shakespearean drama, but for now, deathly hallows!!!

July 3rd, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Not sure what happened with the posts. At least we have one up on the site. That’s all that matters.

I completely agree that the poor writing of Ron the films has taken alot out of Rupert so he is so quiet and reserved. However I love Rupert comes out with these one liners like the shape of Dan’s head.

This is a really good interview.

TaoTao
July 3rd, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Bree, I always thought he just didn’t want to answer the question. lol Not saying he’s being mean, but he might not like the question and does it politely that way. I adore him. Everything about him is always confirmed about how laid back. And calling his dad “Nige”? Hah! Love him. :)

Masha
July 3rd, 2011 at 1:49 AM

why do I feel like crying after this article? oh gosh

lolipop
July 3rd, 2011 at 2:24 AM

I think this is one of the best interviews/pieces written about him. I love how he compared people recognizing him to dominoes. You can almost picture it from his point of view.
Masha, the very last part made me feel sad.
Also, that’s a great picture with the article.

July 3rd, 2011 at 3:37 AM

This article is great!! One of the best I’ve read about him πŸ˜€ There’s a lot of insight and I truly love all of the quotes about Rupert. Tom Lamont really did his job with Rupert. Those new things we’ve just learn about him are just golden information. He calls his dad Nige?? I’d have never thought that about Rupert!! Why would that be?? πŸ˜› I wonder if he does the same with his mum and if his siblings do it to. What a peculiar family!! XD

Tao, I agree with you. Coming up with ‘Yeah, sort of, um’ is a way more polite manner of avoiding having to answer an uncomfortable question without being too blunt about it. Rupert is so considerate that he must not have it in him to give answers as sharp as ‘that’s just my business’, even if it wouldn’t be bad if he did. He has never played the ‘no private questions’ card, so I think that’s the reason why sometimes he avoids and issue and doesn’t give a straight answer.

I love the domino comparision too, as well as the quote where he talks about spotting fans noticing him from 50 feet away. I love his honesty XD It sound like his life is so uncomfortable sometimes!! The ‘How does this guy get anywhere?’ quote from the interviewer is funny but at the same time sad :(

But the best part of all are the quotes. It seems the article was written by a fan πŸ˜› You can tell that everybody finds something truly special in Rupert πŸ˜€ And lol at James quote about Rupert being in reverse XD That guy is just hilarious!! I also like the fact that the journalist reviewed Rupert’s performance in the early films, but I mean reviewed as in giving a detailed explanation on what made Rupert such a great actor even in the beginning and why he stood out from the rest. I take my hat off to Tom Lamont. Sir, great work!! πŸ˜‰

July 3rd, 2011 at 3:57 AM

‘I can’t remember the last time I got angry.’
‘It was when I saw Dan crying. Then it really hit me. I’d never seen him that upset. It was just really, really raw.’

It’s because of things like these that I love him *-* He just gets better and better with time.

The reporter is really insightful. Lol, if I didn’t already know, my guess would have also been that Rupert didn’t cry the last day on set, so I don’t find it surprising that he did but he was the last one. I just find it so endearing that his trigger was seeing Dan crying!! Seriously, I love him more and more everyday.

pappy
July 3rd, 2011 at 5:32 AM

this article is something. so true but so superficial. its like he says everything what we have seen of rupert through the years. this article is not made to attract many viewers. the man who wrote this article has been true to himself in his own point of view kinda way. everything he has said about rupert is not impressive but so true. this article can make the rupert haters to hate him and the rupert lovers to love him a lot more and revealing to the neutral non-hp fans.

i’m a fan of rupert. but after reading this article, i felt so depressed. and what’s that video the reporter mentioned about rupert being harassed by drunk people? can anyone tell me? please?

Marie
July 3rd, 2011 at 5:45 AM

I like it πŸ˜€

and now we know where he went with this Shirt,haha

paxiel
July 3rd, 2011 at 8:15 AM

This kind of made me feel sad…but that line about Dan’s head cracked me up!
The way he talked about the kiss kind of made me feel a bit iffy…but I guess when you’ve been asked it as many times as he has it must get boring…

Anonymous
July 3rd, 2011 at 8:41 AM

I feel a little sad after reading this article. Makes me see his life in a different way. However, I do realize that the article is really the observations of the interviewer…but I think he really touched on something we all have noticed about Rupe. There really is a lot of mystery there.

Pappy..I think, but I am not positive…the video the interviewer was talking about was called “Rupert drives his new car”..or something like that. Look that up on Youtube and if that isn’t it..you should be able to find it close to that one.

Emmie
July 3rd, 2011 at 8:42 AM

opps..forgot to put my name on that last comment..lol.

Trude
July 3rd, 2011 at 9:28 AM

awesome article – I just wanted to write lots of stuff about it but saw that BonnieRadcliffe said it way better than I ever could

red&black
July 3rd, 2011 at 10:25 AM

‘β€˜I can’t remember the last time I got angry.’
β€˜It was when I saw Dan crying. Then it really hit me. I’d never seen him that upset. It was just really, really raw.’ This really touched me. I really love seeing Rupert and Dan always having fun.

keep voting on Ron. it’s 50/50 between him and fred! oh weasleys.

kay
July 3rd, 2011 at 12:38 PM

his dad handles his money? well i hope he knows what he’s doing, because rupert probably should start being smarter with his money. he’s not going to keep bringing in this type of money for the rest of his life.

good article though.

July 3rd, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I’m not sure about the video, but maybe it’s this one where Rupert stops by a petrol station with his Chevy pickup and some guys saw him and got all like: ‘Hey!! You’re Ron Weasley!!’ They were not real fans, just stupid morons who treated him as if he were a trained monkey 😑

Lol, Trude, thanks for the compliment πŸ˜‰ Actually I think I got too carried away with my comment and it turned out longer than expected. I should have moved my discussion to the forums XD

srh
July 3rd, 2011 at 2:45 PM

This is the person who wrote the article right? http://twitter.com/#!/tomlamont
Hmm don’t know what to think about it-.- Did I misunderstood it or something cause English is not my first language.

Newer Comments »