Rupert Grint’s Comrade gets distribution deals at Cannes!

May 18, 2011, 8:15 AM — The new film, Comrade, starring our very own Rupert Grint has just been presented at the Cannes Film Festival at a closed promo-screening. This has resulted in no less than three distribution deals – which have all been confirmed by Trustnordisk today.

As mentioned previously, the film is directed by the Norwegian director Petter Næss and produced by Zentropa Norway - but what we haven’t been able to disclose until today is that the film will be distributed by Metrodome (UK), Kino Swiat (Poland) and Vendetta (Australia).

According to Rikke Ennis, CEO from Trustnordisk, the “presale has never been stronger and this shows on the sales. The interest has been overwhelming.” No doubt this holds promise for Comrade‘s future chances in getting more distribution deals.

23 Comments to "Rupert Grint’s Comrade gets distribution deals at Cannes!"

RupertFan
May 18th, 2011 at 8:47 AM

What does this mean now?That the Movie will be seen in UK,Poland and Australia?I thought it’s fore sure already for UK,Germany and Norway

Anna
May 18th, 2011 at 9:31 AM

The Movie is sold in UK, Poland and Austrlaia but it is just the beginning. The Movie has been finished a few days ago. No panic. :)

May 18th, 2011 at 9:58 AM

It’s still early days yet. It’s just the beginning for distribution. No doubt there is more good news to come.

Trude
May 18th, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Cannes? wow!

Trude
May 18th, 2011 at 10:06 AM

and since there are German actors involved, I am sure it will be released in Ger/Aut too *wohoo*

patrick
May 18th, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Well, isn’t this awesome news? lol *crosses fingers for US*

Malene
May 18th, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Not only is this awesome news to come home to, Comrade news always brighten my day, but this is also a very pretty and brilliant news post in general – good job sis ;-)

Linda
May 18th, 2011 at 11:12 AM

That’s wonderful to hear!! Hopefully in the near future we’ll here about a distribution deal in the US!! :)

RupertFan
May 18th, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Yes,I know it’s early.It’s just that I thought it will be known for sure ,that it will be in UK,Germany and Norway,since the Story goes around Germany and Norway and the Language is english
I’m suprised it’s Poland first with,but anyway it’s great.More Countrys to come please

Anonymous
May 18th, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I am very excited. Nice to have such great reception for the movie despite it not actually being fully put together yet. Great sign! Compared to CB and even WT this is the best start out of the gate his movies have had.

Now just need confirmation for that other movie. And hopefully more info regarding Eddie.

Bonnie Radcliffe
May 18th, 2011 at 1:46 PM

This is GREAT news!! :D But I’m not sure I’ve understood it correctly. If the film has already been screened at the Cannes Film Festival, it means that it has already been completed, doesn’t it?? So has the film been wrapped up THAT quickly?? I don’t know what ‘promo-screen’ means. Is it to screen the whole film or just a trailer/teaser?? Either way, it’s wonderful news that it got so many peopole interested :P

Do you think it could run for competition in the next Cannes Film Festival?? It would be great to see Rupert walking their red carpet this time next year :D

dead-ced-dead
May 18th, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Bonnie – I’m sure it’s still only in the rough stages of the edit. Its probably only through the first stages of editing, which means they’ll be playing the film with music scores from different movies, (music is pretty much the last thing to get done), and I’m sure there are still a few rough spots and tweeks to get done. This is just assure that there’s some countries the film will play in before everything’s done-done.

Promo screen simply mean a “promotional screening”. And most likely its the whole film, but like I said before, not quite completed.

May 18th, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Cannes is not only a film festival, it’s also a film market where distributors can buy films. That’s where Comrade has just been sold (Trustnordisk is Comrade’s Sales Agency); it hasn’t been screened at the actual festival (the film’s not even edited!).
But it’s good news already. And the market isn’t over yet, plus deals may always be signed later on. So fingers crossed, everyone! :)

TaoTao
May 18th, 2011 at 7:19 PM

First, big congrats to Majbritt on her first post! :)

Secondly, I think they can do any stage of production right for sales? Most of Rupert’s films have gone for sales. I’m sure they had more to offer and probably a very rough cut of the film. Having deals this quickly shows this film might be a big deal imo. The same goes for Wartime Wanderers, they’ve already picked up a few deals too without even having anything. They don’t even have Rupert 100% here. So a lot of faith in two films, I’d say!

Majbritt
May 19th, 2011 at 3:25 AM

Thanks Tao and sis :-) What an amazing first post to write?

As far as I know (from my work at a film festival), the promo-screening involves a “promotional trailer” – it might be longer than average trailers, but it’s not polished as a finished trailer would be. It’s simply to give the buyers an idea of what they’d be getting if they decided to invest in the future of the film.

They must have liked what they saw :-)

Aunda
May 19th, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Very, very good new!

Rupert was in Cannes or just the producer?

I could have take you pictures! ;)

Anna
May 19th, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Only the production team. Rupert was still filming the movie.

Bonnie Radcliffe
May 19th, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Do you know when Rupert returned to the UK?? I feel kind of uneasy now I don’t ‘know’ where he is. I miss Zentropa Norway’s Tumblr :(

Anna
May 19th, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Well I guess a few days after the end of the shooting.

jesi
May 20th, 2011 at 12:52 AM

hope it reaches asia =)

Zezy
May 20th, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I miss Zentropa Norway’s Tumblr too. :(

Bonnie Radcliffe
May 20th, 2011 at 1:45 PM

I hope Rupert made great friends while on the Comrade set and will keep in touch with all of them :P

Bonnie Radcliffe
May 22nd, 2011 at 2:01 AM

I’ve just reread all the comments and realized that I forgot to congratulate Majbritt on her first post. That’s definately kicking it off with a good start!! :P Great news to post!! :D Congrats, Majbritt!!;)

Newer Comments »