Rupert Grint Confirmed To Star In Anti-War Film “Comrade”!

March 22nd, 2011, 4:07pm– A few days ago, we posted about Rupert Grint being in talks to star in the Norwegian anti-war film “Comrade”. We have just received confirmation from Rupert’s reps that, YES, he is indeed going to be in the film, which will be directed be Petter Næss.
According to this article, Rupert will play Private Robin Southey Smith, and will be heading over to Norway this Friday with principal filming starting on Monday.
The film will also star German actors Florian Lukas (Goodbye Lenin), David Kross (The Reader) and Norwegaian actor Stig Henrik Hoff.

Of course, we have already updated our Filmography with all information we currently have about Comrade!

This means that Rupert will not be able to attend this Sunday’s Empire Film Awards, but with a new film in the works, we certainly won’t complain! :)

And while we had always believed this to be true, we didn’t want to post anything until we had complete confirmation. We will keep you posted!

22 Comments to "Rupert Grint Confirmed To Star In Anti-War Film “Comrade”!"

Maura
March 22nd, 2011 at 4:34 PM

This is great news! I had so hoped he would do this movie.

pat
March 22nd, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Great news indeed! :D

Kathy
March 22nd, 2011 at 4:40 PM

Sooooooooooo cool…specially for the German Rupert fans :) I really like David Kross and Florian Lukas is a great actor, too…this movie will be awesome

March 22nd, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Yes! *punchesair*

Work to do, work to do, but the Filmography is done. :)

Trude
March 22nd, 2011 at 4:55 PM

awesome :)

TaoTao
March 22nd, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I also apologize for the horrible delay. It seems we never received an e-mail. Something with their new system I suppose. You girls know I’d have put this up straight away if I had known. :D I never doubted it, but just wanted it to be 100% true!!

But guys… Rupert is going to be in a movie directed by an Oscar nominated director!!!!

Bree
March 22nd, 2011 at 5:25 PM

will they make him shave his head? i mean privates don’t wear long hair

melissa
March 22nd, 2011 at 5:27 PM

You are serious Tao an oscar nominated director, nice. Personally i don’t like war movie but if it’s Rupert who play in it, it’s sure i will listen the movie. I always had something for mens in military uniforms.

melissa
March 22nd, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Noooooooooooooooooo, not his hair. No i want short hair but not shave, please.

March 22nd, 2011 at 6:04 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! :D

TaoTao
March 22nd, 2011 at 6:22 PM

I’m not sure how short he’ll have to keep it. They’re strict in the military and plus it was back in the 40s where guys had short hair to begin with. OMG I hope we get pictures of his hair! I love his luscious locks, but I look forward to seeing him with a different hair style.

Melissa, yes! Petter Naess directed “Elling” which was nominated for a foreign language Oscar!

DKG
March 22nd, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Whyyyyyyyy did i move from Sweeeedeeen?!!?
I could have droven up to Norway and stalked him!

Excuse me while i jump from a bridge.

Anna
March 22nd, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Rupert is doing a new film! Rupert is doing a new film folks!!! I am just so happy! I took a bit of time to reach my brain necause of the stress we had but now I am over excited by the news. I think we never got a news movie confirmed as fast.

Brooke
March 22nd, 2011 at 7:48 PM

This is awesome! Knowing my luck, it probably won’t be available here in the states, but I’ll get my hands on it anyway. I can’t wait to see it!

Patricia
March 22nd, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I’m sso proud!! We have been looking for it for the last weeks!! I’m sure that it wil be a great work, I’m really happy!

TaoTao
March 22nd, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Haha Well, we’ll have festivals to look forward to! That’s at least something.

talley
March 22nd, 2011 at 10:02 PM

So glad it was confirmed. Excited to hear more about the movie and his character as filming progresses. I agree Brooke. It’s so frustrating with the long wait and fan support for CB and it’s still not available *legally* in the U.S. But I think this movie will have more luck getting distributors and hopefully it’ll make the rounds like DL did here.

Louise
March 23rd, 2011 at 4:15 AM

What will be the language of the film? There are german, english and norwegian actors!
I really can’t imagine Rupert speaking norwegian, though I hope he does!

Moumi
March 23rd, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Brilliant news !!! Hope it will be released in USA .. Way to go, Rups !!

Marie
March 24th, 2011 at 8:01 AM

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

galadriel12
March 24th, 2011 at 1:42 PM

This is awesome. I’m a very, very happy Rupert-fan now. :D You go, Rupert.

Trodle
March 27th, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Yay! I saw an interview with him and he knew one Norwegian word: Thank you – Takk ;) So cute =D I hoped they would shoot the movie where I’m going on a ski-trip, but no.. :/ But maybe they’ll need to stay at the hotel for one night if there’s a storm! =D

Newer Comments »