Rupert Grint To Star in Norwegian Film “Comrade”?

March 10th, 2011, 12:55pm– With the contracts for Eddie the Eagle still waiting to be signed, an article has been published by VG.no which says that Rupert Grint is set to star in the norwegian film production Comrade.

The film, according to the article an anti-war film, will be directed by Petter Næss and, unless my Norwegian is really bad, the article says that filming will start on 28th March!

We are currently awaiting a reply from Rupert’s reps whether this is indeed true. Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks to Malene and Marite for the hint!

UPDATE: Still no update on Rupert’s involvement in the film, however we’ve discovered a further synopsis of the film and wanted to share it with our readers: Comrade is an anti-war movie. High above the harsh Norwegian wilderness, English and German pilots shoot each other to the ground after a violent chance encounter. Isolated, they must fight to survive the brutal winter. Though war has made them enemies, antagonism is hard to maintain as days go by. Through mutual need, unlikely friendships bloom. Somehow, they become comrades. War, after all, is absurd.

UPDATE #2: Rupert is currently in talks to star in this film. Nothing is confirmed yet according to Rupert’s reps.

39 Comments to "Rupert Grint To Star in Norwegian Film “Comrade”?"

TaoTao
March 10th, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Got my fingers crossed! Oh, and if I’m looking up the right director, this guy is with Rupert’s agency in the US. So it does make sense… but I don’t want to get too excited. lol

patrick
March 10th, 2011 at 1:31 PM

*crosses fingers,arms, and legs* lol

Masha
March 10th, 2011 at 1:41 PM

too late for me: I’m VERY excited already lol

anyway, if the director meant what he said, than Rupert has more projects in line! :)

Mana
March 10th, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Let this be true!Eddie and now this Movie,pleaseeee

March 10th, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Ohhhhh god, jeeez buggeriing shooot! This sound very exciting. David Kross and Rupert, god, what would I dooooo!!!

TaoTao
March 10th, 2011 at 2:08 PM

I saw that Masha. That was something that popped out at me… “Other projects…” WEEE!

Linda
March 10th, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Too cool. Hopefully it’s true. I’ve had my fingers crossed that another project would pop up soon!

TALLEY
March 10th, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I too hope this pans out along with Eddie and as said, “OTHER,” things. Sounds very interesting and full of good actors too.

March 10th, 2011 at 4:45 PM

This sounds like an interesting film, not a typical shoot and blow everyone up war film. It seems like the film talks about the personal effects of war, and is based more about the emotion of the characters, not to mention that the cast is fantastic. Actually, Comrade is similar to The Way Home and that film is so great. I really hope that this is true. So filming starts very soon. I’m getting excited!

TaoTao
March 10th, 2011 at 5:13 PM

It really does sound interesting and different. I’m not big into war movies, but I like anything with a good storyline. :) And of course I’ll see any Rupert movie! lol

Anna
March 10th, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Weeeeeeee. So happy with that news. Let’s hope it is more than a rumor.

March 10th, 2011 at 5:23 PM

I also lovelovelove the two German actors. The oldest film with Florian Lukas that I remember is from 2001 (yes, I did see Mädchen Mädchen lol).
War films can be very good, but Hollywood has a tendency to screw them up. European films dealing with that topic are usually quite good.

March 10th, 2011 at 5:44 PM

This really is a surprise :P I hope it’s true :D It looks like it’s such a great project. I love the fact that it’s a Norwegian film, and not a blockbuster Hollywoody flick. Please, please, please, let this be true!! I hope Rupert’s reps confirm it as soon as possible. I am really really excited!! Can’t wait to know more about this!! ^^

TaoTao
March 10th, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Check out the synopsis added. Sounds even more intriguing.

fleur
March 10th, 2011 at 6:10 PM

exacly, im fed up with american blockbusters movies….

Maura
March 10th, 2011 at 6:44 PM

This sounds just like what I had hoped he would do. I’m really looking forward to Eddie the Eagle, but I really hope this is true!!

TaoTao
March 10th, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Rupert’s in talks right now. But keep in mind that Rupert’s reps can’t “confirm” anything unless Rupert has signed on the dotted line. If the deadline is the end of this month, then it’s probably just a matter of time before the completely confirm it.

patrick
March 10th, 2011 at 7:01 PM

aww I liked saving private ryan lol

Mélissa
March 10th, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Sounds really interesting, i wish it’s true but we have to wait. Rupert as a soldier. Mmm.

CHARACTER PROFILES:
The German bomber pilot LEUTNANT HORST SCHOPIS is a highly educated,
fifth generation Military Officer. A good man caught on the wrong side of the war.

The Navigator SERGEANT KARL-HEINZ STRUNK is a gentle giant, with a
surprisingly wry sense of humor.

The Mechanic CORPORAL JOSEF AUCHTOR is a hardcore, dedicated Nazi,
who grew up in an orphanage believing that Hitler was his father.

British Royal Air Force Fighter Pilot CAPTAIN RICHARD THOMAS
PARTRIDGE is a British upper class gentleman. Never having been tested,
Partridge finds that, when pushed, he has more strength than he thought.

British Royal Navy Gunner PRIVATE ROBIN SOUTHEY SMITH is a true wise
guy, pulled straight from the streets of Liverpool. Smith’s obnoxious behavior
partially obscures the fact that, deep down, he’s a good man and a dedicated
friend.

Who do you think Rupert will play if he sign. I said Karl-Heinz Strunk, because of his sense of humour.

By the way I have a question, it is true that the trailer is for friday, i read that on tumblr.

TaoTao
March 10th, 2011 at 8:59 PM

I think Rupert would most likely play one of the British soldiers. In the article said that the character would plays is a rebel so I’m guessing the Navy Gunner.

DH2 trailer? We haven’t heard anything so most likely that is a rumor.

March 10th, 2011 at 9:22 PM

I agree, Tao. The director did say that Rupert will be playing a British soldier, who is also a rebel, so I’m guessing Private Robin Southey Smith.

Mélissa
March 10th, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Yeah Tao Navy is a good one too, better actualy.

erric
March 11th, 2011 at 12:41 AM

cool
what a surprise
just waiting for the new film

fleur
March 11th, 2011 at 2:29 AM

but i would have prefered him to play a psycho like, a very bad character …

March 11th, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Rupert!! Stop the talks and sign the deal already!! This is a great project for you!! What is there to think?? :P

Lol, seriously!! If the film director said that to the press – if we are to believe those statements are true, I bet it’s pretty much sure that Rupert will be taking part in the film ^^ I suppose his reps don’t want to announce it so early just in case something goes awry, there’s change of plans for whatever reason and Rupert ends up not being involved in the project any more. But I doubt that’ll happen. The director seems to be so thrilled to have Rupert among the cast!! :D

March 11th, 2011 at 6:19 AM

Well, Rupert’s reps are quite careful not to release anything until it is basically signed, sealed and delivered. So I won’t be surprised that his reps don’t say anything until shooting starts or something.

Nathália
March 11th, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Well, I’m already glad that the director said those great things about him. But, hm, if this is real, I’ll be happier, for sure. I mean, it sounds like a good thing!

Nathália
March 11th, 2011 at 8:10 AM

I mean, he didn’t actually said anything great, but you got me .-. lol But, Tao, what did you mean by “Oh, and if I’m looking up the right director, this guy is with Rupert’s agency in the US. “? I mean, you saw the director up there? :O

Nathália
March 11th, 2011 at 8:10 AM

say(?)

TALLEY
March 11th, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Fleur those parts are few and far between. I’m sure there will be one down the road.

Sounds like we get a totally different character from him if this turns out to be true. The guy is a wiseass who might grate on your nerves which he’s never been anyone we didn’t quite cling to right off the bat. And dealing with “enemies” he’ll have moments with that too.

I personally have been wanting to see him in a uniform for this is all good for me.

galadriel12
March 11th, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Wow, great news. I hope this turns out to be true, but why haven’t we heard about it yet? I mean, if filming starts in 18 days, surely Rupert would already have signed. I don’t think an actor comes on-board of a production that late in the game. I am looking forward to the Eddie movie, but – I hope no tomatoes will be thrown at me – I think this projects sounds even more exciting. It sounds like it will be a thoughtful, dark and serious, but still humorous (Gunner) movie.

I think the two German actors who seem to be definitely involved with the film will play the German soldiers. The role of the Private seems to fit Rupert the most, mostly because I guess the Captain will be a bit older.

galadriel12
March 11th, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Sorry for the double, but …. Ronny Wiltersen??? LoL How cute. Although I still prefer Ron Weasley.

TaoTao
March 11th, 2011 at 12:39 PM

It’s true guys, Rupert’s “in talks” but as Tania said, his reps are so tight lipped with EVERYTHING that they won’t say crap until everything is signed, sealed in delivered. Look at how long it took for Eddie and even now nothing is definite until the dates are figured out. Heck, we didn’t know about Cherrybomb until about a week or so before he started filming and we only found out about Wild Target because it was listed on his bio at his agency.

Nathalia, I looked up his details online and found out he has the same US agency as Rupert. :)

TALLEY
March 11th, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Filming begins March 28th? Just because he’s not signed doesn’t mean he won’t have a script to look at a week or so before. Maybe filming means something else, like preproduction stuff.

Is this considered a regular movie or another smaller independent one?

TaoTao
March 11th, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Well, I think production beings March 28th so they could do a lot of exterior shots and even work with some of the other actors. Like I said, I would think they are just hammering out details at the moment and Rupert is probably already looking over the script and learning his lines. That’s just my guess, I have no proof of this. lol

This is an independent film. It’s costing $2 million and as far as I know doesn’t have any distributors yet.

TALLEY
March 11th, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Thanks Tao. That’s what I was thinking about the details is the signing but everything else is in place and about what they do at first and then get to the filming main characters.

Well, I didn’t know about that Jamie Campbell movie until I saw it on some trailer show. I thought it looked good and then it apparently was released in 08 or 09. Never heard of it before.

galadriel12
March 12th, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Oh my, to imagine Rupert sitting on his comfy sofa, sipping a cup of tea or whatever and learn the lines for this movie just right at this moment makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. :D

March 12th, 2011 at 1:50 PM