Rupert Grint To Star in Norwegian Film “Comrade”?

Rupert Grint To Star in Norwegian Film “Comrade”?March 10th, 2011, 12:55pm– With the contracts for Eddie the Eagle still waiting to be signed, an article has been published by which says that Rupert Grint is set to star in the norwegian film production Comrade.

The film, according to the article an anti-war film, will be directed by Petter Næss and, unless my Norwegian is really bad, the article says that filming will start on 28th March!

We are currently awaiting a reply from Rupert’s reps whether this is indeed true. Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks to Malene and Marite for the hint!

UPDATE: Still no update on Rupert’s involvement in the film, however we’ve discovered a further synopsis of the film and wanted to share it with our readers: Comrade is an anti-war movie. High above the harsh Norwegian wilderness, English and German pilots shoot each other to the ground after a violent chance encounter. Isolated, they must fight to survive the brutal winter. Though war has made them enemies, antagonism is hard to maintain as days go by. Through mutual need, unlikely friendships bloom. Somehow, they become comrades. War, after all, is absurd.

UPDATE #2: Rupert is currently in talks to star in this film. Nothing is confirmed yet according to Rupert’s reps.

39 Comments to "Rupert Grint To Star in Norwegian Film “Comrade”?"

March 10th, 2011 at 9:22 PM

I agree, Tao. The director did say that Rupert will be playing a British soldier, who is also a rebel, so I’m guessing Private Robin Southey Smith.

March 10th, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Yeah Tao Navy is a good one too, better actualy.

March 11th, 2011 at 12:41 AM

what a surprise
just waiting for the new film

March 11th, 2011 at 2:29 AM

but i would have prefered him to play a psycho like, a very bad character …

March 11th, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Rupert!! Stop the talks and sign the deal already!! This is a great project for you!! What is there to think?? 😛

Lol, seriously!! If the film director said that to the press – if we are to believe those statements are true, I bet it’s pretty much sure that Rupert will be taking part in the film ^^ I suppose his reps don’t want to announce it so early just in case something goes awry, there’s change of plans for whatever reason and Rupert ends up not being involved in the project any more. But I doubt that’ll happen. The director seems to be so thrilled to have Rupert among the cast!! 😀

March 11th, 2011 at 6:19 AM

Well, Rupert’s reps are quite careful not to release anything until it is basically signed, sealed and delivered. So I won’t be surprised that his reps don’t say anything until shooting starts or something.

March 11th, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Well, I’m already glad that the director said those great things about him. But, hm, if this is real, I’ll be happier, for sure. I mean, it sounds like a good thing!

March 11th, 2011 at 8:10 AM

I mean, he didn’t actually said anything great, but you got me .-. lol But, Tao, what did you mean by “Oh, and if I’m looking up the right director, this guy is with Rupert’s agency in the US. “? I mean, you saw the director up there? :O

March 11th, 2011 at 8:10 AM

March 11th, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Fleur those parts are few and far between. I’m sure there will be one down the road.

Sounds like we get a totally different character from him if this turns out to be true. The guy is a wiseass who might grate on your nerves which he’s never been anyone we didn’t quite cling to right off the bat. And dealing with “enemies” he’ll have moments with that too.

I personally have been wanting to see him in a uniform for this is all good for me.

March 11th, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Wow, great news. I hope this turns out to be true, but why haven’t we heard about it yet? I mean, if filming starts in 18 days, surely Rupert would already have signed. I don’t think an actor comes on-board of a production that late in the game. I am looking forward to the Eddie movie, but – I hope no tomatoes will be thrown at me – I think this projects sounds even more exciting. It sounds like it will be a thoughtful, dark and serious, but still humorous (Gunner) movie.

I think the two German actors who seem to be definitely involved with the film will play the German soldiers. The role of the Private seems to fit Rupert the most, mostly because I guess the Captain will be a bit older.

March 11th, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Sorry for the double, but …. Ronny Wiltersen??? LoL How cute. Although I still prefer Ron Weasley.

March 11th, 2011 at 12:39 PM

It’s true guys, Rupert’s “in talks” but as Tania said, his reps are so tight lipped with EVERYTHING that they won’t say crap until everything is signed, sealed in delivered. Look at how long it took for Eddie and even now nothing is definite until the dates are figured out. Heck, we didn’t know about Cherrybomb until about a week or so before he started filming and we only found out about Wild Target because it was listed on his bio at his agency.

Nathalia, I looked up his details online and found out he has the same US agency as Rupert. 🙂

March 11th, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Filming begins March 28th? Just because he’s not signed doesn’t mean he won’t have a script to look at a week or so before. Maybe filming means something else, like preproduction stuff.

Is this considered a regular movie or another smaller independent one?

March 11th, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Well, I think production beings March 28th so they could do a lot of exterior shots and even work with some of the other actors. Like I said, I would think they are just hammering out details at the moment and Rupert is probably already looking over the script and learning his lines. That’s just my guess, I have no proof of this. lol

This is an independent film. It’s costing $2 million and as far as I know doesn’t have any distributors yet.

March 11th, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Thanks Tao. That’s what I was thinking about the details is the signing but everything else is in place and about what they do at first and then get to the filming main characters.

Well, I didn’t know about that Jamie Campbell movie until I saw it on some trailer show. I thought it looked good and then it apparently was released in 08 or 09. Never heard of it before.

March 12th, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Oh my, to imagine Rupert sitting on his comfy sofa, sipping a cup of tea or whatever and learn the lines for this movie just right at this moment makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. 😀

March 12th, 2011 at 1:50 PM