Rhys Ifans: I Think Rupert Grint Owed About 80 Pounds!

March 8th, 2011, 8:39pm–In a new Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 behind-the-scenes video released from the Harry Potter Quest site Emma Watson and Rhys Ifans talks about corpsing on set and that how, this time, it was Emma who was having the issues! The actors received red cards for each time they messed up a scene by laughing and would owe five pounds. Rhys says that it was Rupert Grint who ended up owing about 80 pounds. We wonder, what did it get up to by the end of the entire shoot? Deathly Hallows took over a year to film and the Xeno scenes were only done for a few weeks! I’m sure Rupert owed more by then! You can view the video below and don’t forget to check out our own YouTube channel as we have many interviews from this years BAFTAs along with some Half-Blood Prince scenes we’ve just added!

We also have some more gallery updates. This time a few pictures from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and Thunderpants. The Sorcerer’s Stone picture is a studio shot that you can view here and the Thunderpants pictures are stills from the movie which you can view here.

Thanks to SnitchSeeker for the tip!

19 Comments to "Rhys Ifans: I Think Rupert Grint Owed About 80 Pounds!"

TaoTao
March 8th, 2011 at 9:00 PM

I seriously can’t be the only one wondering if 80 pounds is all he owed. LOL

Anna
March 8th, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Well I hope for him they started to the the red card later than sooner. At this rate Rupert paid the movies.

TaoTao
March 8th, 2011 at 9:06 PM

LOL I know. Good think 80 pounds isn’t much to him at this point. :P Let’s just hope his other film directors don’t implement this rule! ;)

talley
March 8th, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I wonder if he meant in the same time they were talking about Emma, in the three days when they filmed with Rhys. So 80 would be huge. lol Who wanted to reach out and stroke his hair when they did the behind shot of him?

Mélissa
March 8th, 2011 at 10:47 PM

So funny, I want so bad to see a video about Rupert gigling. He would be good if they done a video with all the bloopers during all the years for the dvd of harry potter pt 2.

March 9th, 2011 at 3:57 AM

lol, 80 Pounds! Oh my, so much!

Well, proof that Rupert really has a lot of fun while filming!

nightowl
March 9th, 2011 at 4:42 AM

Tao, the link doesn’t work: it’s HarryPotterTHEQuest.com. However – thx for saving the vid – so nice!
@ Melissa: there are loads of RupGiggles on YT, just search Grint + Giggle and have fun! Theres one with Matthew commenting ‘Rupert has such an *infectious* laugh!’ :D

Fleur
March 9th, 2011 at 5:11 AM

might be a stupid question guys, but do you know if they REALLY have to give pounds??? or its “imaginary” pounds lol
i think if it was me, i would have to give my house lol

Marie/sunflower4
March 9th, 2011 at 8:52 AM

The video was very cute. I seem to recalled that apperently Rupert owened like 200 or something and that it was given to a charity. I really do think I read something like that but where it was I don’t know. And if I made it up, Sorry :)

@talley: I also wanted to stroke his hair, so awesome and red :)

Marie/sunflower4
March 9th, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Found it!!! :)

And you couldn’t do anything against the laughing attacks?
Rupert: The crew tried. Whenever I started to laugh, I got a yellow card and had to pay two Euros, and when I got a red one, five. In the end 230 Euro accumulated, and spent on a good cause.

TaoTao
March 9th, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Oh wow. Good memory! I had a feeling that it got bigger after Rhys’ acting stint… he wasn’t there that long! lol

Lilla
March 9th, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Why is Rupert sooooooooooooo GORGEOUS????

Luna
March 9th, 2011 at 2:57 PM

And why aren’t there more guys like him?
And if there are: Where the f*** are you hiding???

Lilla
March 9th, 2011 at 3:09 PM

LOL Luna, RIGHTTTTT, but i would add: WHERE THE F***** ARE YOU, MR GRINT, HIDING????? looool
(i put looool, but its not that funny :D)

Belle
March 9th, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Well, if he was seen at the airport he is maybe in NYC watching Dan’s show?!?
I wanna go on holidays as well :( :( :(
And what am I doing??? Learning *YUCK*

Lilla
March 9th, 2011 at 4:00 PM

when was he seen at the airport belle??

Belle
March 9th, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I don’t know when and where.
Someone wrote that here: http://www.rupert-grint.us/wordpress/2011/03/02/exclusive-rupert-grint-hq-british-independent-film-awards-photoshoot/

galadriel12
March 10th, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Giggly-Grint indeed. LoL I think the 80 pounds must have been just for the three days, right? For the whole movie it has to be more. Rupert is (in-)famous for his corpsing. :D

Belle
March 10th, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Lilla, according to this post he is in Las Vegas ;)