Rupert Grint Lists His Five Favorite Films!

October 26th, 2010, 4:17pm–To help promote Wild Target coming out Friday in New York and Los Angeles, Rupert Grint has begun doing some press for the film. In the news post below he talked to Parade magazine. Next up? Rupert tells movie site Rotten Tomatoes, which lists all critic reviews for every film released, about his five favorite films. What are they? They definitely range from the most well known to the completely obscure, with a bit of horror and comedy thrown in for good measure, but they are all very interesting. The list is as follows:

• Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory (1971)
  • Eraserhead
  • Dead Man’s Shoes
  • Arthur
  • The Stuff

So, am I the only one ready to rent some of these not so well known movies just out of curiosity? You can read Rupert’s reasons as to why he picked these films here.

Update: Do we not agree with this review of Wild Target:

The strong cast volleys physical and verbal comedy like pro athletes, with an especially funny Grint smoking pot and shedding his clothes — and proving he’s good enough to play more than just Harry’s goofy pal.

Don’t forget that if you haven’t already, you can still pre-order your Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I tickets through us via Fandango. Just click on the banner on the left!

15 Comments to "Rupert Grint Lists His Five Favorite Films!"

Trude
October 26th, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I don’t know one of these movies *goes hiding in a corner*

TaoTao
October 26th, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Not even WIlly Wonka or Arthur? They’re actually remaking Arthur. The horror! It was a great comedy, came out when I was younger in the 80s… Willy Wonka with Gene Wilder is considered a classic. My brother loved it… fitting, for me at least, that Rupert lists this as a top movie on the day my brother would have been 34. It put a huge smile on my face. :)

Linda
October 26th, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I LOVE that he loves the original Willy Wonka and Arthur! Is it really sad that I do know all of these movies and have seen them all except for The Stuff? He’s got great taste!!

October 26th, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Aw, Tao, that’s so sweet!! It’s like Rupert is actually giving a present for your brother ;)

I only knew Willy Wonka and Eraserhead from the list, but I have never watched them, though *hides in a corner*

TALLEY
October 26th, 2010 at 5:47 PM

All but The Stuff I’m aware of and lol see a certain pattern to his likes. Surrealism indeed!

Janine
October 26th, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I have Arthur and Arthur 2 saved on my comp. That’s how often i watch those movies!!!!!

dead-ced-dead
October 26th, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I’ve actually seen all of those films. And two of them feature in my tope 500 films.

Good taste.

Amber K (akoppenh)
October 26th, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I’m very intrigued that he likes “Arthur”. I love Dudley Moore. I agree, the original “Willy Wonka” is classic, great choice. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the other choices, but now am curious abou them.

October 26th, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Rupert has very different and eccentric taste in film. I love how he doesn’t go for the mainstream that much and he appreciates quirky films as well.

Now I’m going to have to watch Dead Man’s Shoes and The Stuff.

TaoTao
October 26th, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Oh, you can stream all these movies online through Netflix except “The Stuff”. :)

AJ
October 27th, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Ok, I LOVE Authur!!!

*sings*

When you get caught between the world and New York City. I know it’s crazy, but it’s true.

I love the Original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

*sings*

There is know place I know, that compares to pure imagination….

My mother loved that movie as well and I use to read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to the little kiddies. The newer movie is more like the book.

I’ve seen Erasurehead. That IS a weird film. It was on tv one day, so I watched it.

The other two, I don’t think I’ve seen, but The Stuff seems like an old The Blob type movie. I’ll have to look them up to know if I’ve not seen them for sure.

AJ
October 27th, 2010 at 12:31 AM

OMG, I didn’t even see your comment, Tao about your brother. I guess our folks had good taste!!!!

Trude
October 27th, 2010 at 5:50 AM

@Tao, well I heard of Arthur and Willy Wonka but I never saw them

Limbonaut
October 27th, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I’ve seen The Stuff. I hadn’t thought about it in years. It kind of freaked me out as a kid. It’s about a blob-like substance that becomes sold to the masses as a dessert but takes over their minds, turning into zombies. Check out what it does to Garrett Morris at and be warned it’s gruesome:

Amulya
October 28th, 2010 at 1:28 AM

I like the original Willy Wonka and Chocolate factory too! :-)
I have seen Eraserhead and Arthur The first one is a very surreal kinda movie but I like Arthur, it is a great movie!

I will have to check out The Stuff and Dean Man’s Shoes.