Rupert Grint: Interview with Young Performer Magazine!

Rupert Grint: Interview with Young Performer Magazine!
August 14th, 2010, 10:05pm –In the latest issue of “Young Performer” magazine Rupert Grint not only graces the cover but gives an exclusive interview in which he answers questions about his career and his latest film Wild Target! Although the interview took place just before Harry Potter wrapped you will still find some new tidbits about Harry Potter, Eddie the Eagle and Wild Target. The preview of the cover and interview are not too big so we took time to type up the interview portion for you. We’ll hopefully get a bigger scan soon but if you reach it before us then send on over to staff@rupert-grint.us.

View an excerpt of the interview below and read the entire interview via RupertGrintPress here. Scans are in our gallery here.

Q: Tell us about your character Tony.

He has a sheltered city life. He’s a mystery and doesn’t know about the countryside, but I relate to him because we’re both laid-back. You don’t know where he’s coming from and he’s in a world of his own.

Q: Did you have firearms training?

A: Yeah. I mean, I was only firing blanks on screen, but I went to a shooting range where I fired real live ammunition, which was scary and intimidating because it’s so loud and powerful. But it was fun.

Q: Did you get injured doing those pratfalls?

A: No, but the cat in Wild Target ripped me apart! It was spiteful and we didn’t get on at all. It mellowed throughout the shoot, but I don’t want to meet it again.

Q: Tell us about your sabre fight scene.

A: I had a stunt guy teach me genuine Samurai moves, but I had to practise with a giant wrapping-paper roll. I wasn’t allowed a proper sword of sabre.

Source: Stagecoach.co.uk

Thank you Laura!

12 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Interview with Young Performer Magazine!"

Amulya
August 14th, 2010 at 10:32 PM

“I had a stunt guy teach me genuine Samurai moves, but I had to practise with a giant wrapping-paper roll. I wasn’t allowed a proper sword of sabre.”

Hmmm…He looks so good in that scene! Looks like he is training to be a Samurai!
And the sounds he makes while training…LOL 🙂

August 14th, 2010 at 11:09 PM

That cat thing had me, LOL!

It’s interesting he talks about actually wanting to do stage work. he’s mentioned about possibly doing it, but this sounded more definitive then the other times.

Jo
August 14th, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Yeah I was thinking the same thing Tao, he’s mentioned it more. That’s exciting. I love that because you get to see them LIVE and as much as you want! It would be even harder work for him because Broadway and stuff like that is always more grueling but it’s humbling and every actor should try it. Ruper would be great at it!

Rose
August 15th, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I look forward to seeing him do Broadway or some stage work.

Anyof you listen to Pottercast? Does that cat not sound like Melissa’s evil cat? xD

Anyway.
I feel kinda bad because he is going to be compared to Daniel just because they are “Ron and Harry”. Daniel is an amazing actor and really talented. Cant people just say Rupert’s an amazing actor and really talented as well without comparing them? Its REALLY annoying.
I think its something we will have to put up with until all 3 of them do every role under the sun and have to double back again.

AJ
August 15th, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Three things that stuck out to me:

1) *Rupert Grint’s mind* “You American fans are some crazy $#@&^%$#@$%!!!”
2) Bill Nighy likes Prince
3) Rupert practiced sword fighting with a wrapping paper roll (or something like it.)

Why did these things stand out

1) Because we are… *grins*
2) My sister-in-law’s sister LOVES Prince. When I was little a Purple limo drove through the neighborhood and we kids thought it was Prince. Don’t dance and sing to Let’s Go Crazy, because you can almost break your bed in the process.
3) I must be a sure enough Samurai (or Sho’ Nuff, for those who’ve seen The Last Dragon) cause who hasn’t done that…hehehehe.

For Bill and all you crazy fangirls…

*sings*

Tell me, are we gonna let the elevator bring us down
Oh, no let’s go!

Let’s go crazy
Let’s get nuts
Look for the purple banana
‘Til they put us in the truck, let’s go!
~Prince

And since I’m really feeling it..

In L.A they get Krazy (Hey)
Miami they get Krazy
In New York they get Krazy (I see it)
Atlanta they get Krazy (ATL Baby)
~Pitbull

August 15th, 2010 at 4:37 AM

Lol, the spiteful cat part cracked me up!! XD

francaise3/Marite
August 15th, 2010 at 5:00 AM

LOL at the cat part! 🙂 And the paper roll part! 🙂

galadriel12
August 15th, 2010 at 6:36 AM

OMG, poor thing, constantly picking the glue out of his hair. LoL. Interesting bit of information though. Once I have both DH dvds and watched the movie enough times to know each and every detail, I’m going to look out whether I can distinguish in which scenes he’s wearing the additional artificial hair and when not.

Kristin M.
August 15th, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Aww, too bad you can only subscribe to the magazine and not get a single copy… Hopefully someone’ll put a copy of it up on ebay.

August 15th, 2010 at 9:51 AM

The wig thing really surprised me. Why not let Rupert cut his hair when they are just going to wack a wig on anyway. Doesn’t make sense.

The cat looked pretty calm when he was holding it during WT, who knew it was going crazy behind the scenes.

AJ
August 15th, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Oh I knew that, he said it before. It wasn’t all for the length, it was to make his hair seem thicker, therefore, wilder.

August 15th, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Tao, I noticed the same thing, too!! He sounds more resolute, now 🙂 And I like his ‘I’m up for anything on stage’ 😀 Some time before he said things like he didn’t want to be be singing or naked XD But now he makes clear that he’d do ANYTHING!! I like this, Mr Grint!! B)