Rupert Grint’s Wild Target US Release Date Changed Again!

July 29th, 2010, 4:41pm–We have once again received confirmation that Rupert Grint‘s Wild Target has changed the US release date moving up from November 5th to October 29th. This is later than the original October 8th release, but pushed up from it’s second release date of November 5th. As always we will keep you posted on all developments concerning release dates. And because this will not be a wide release (say like a Harry Potter movie) we will be sure to keep fans posted of when the movie will be playing in various US cities.

A little trivia for you. Back in 2006 Driving Lessons opened up in October the same week that one of the Saw movies opened. If the date continues to hold true, Wild Target will open up to another Saw movie, Saw 3D. Pretty neat stuff, huh?

Also if you haven’t yet, please follow the twitter for Wild Target here.

13 Comments to "Rupert Grint’s Wild Target US Release Date Changed Again!"

July 29th, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Seriously we’re going to rename Rupert movies to, “Rupert Grint and the Incredible Changing Release Date”

Laura
July 29th, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Well that sucks. You think it might be a good thing that it’s so close before DH1 release?

AJ
July 29th, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Well, there might be an opportunity to combine promotions. BUT, Rupert is so humble, unless someone asks him about his other films directly (unless he’s directly promoting them) *ahem points to self* he’s not going to really say anything. Bless him.

But, you know, he’s the same way with his other films, he’s not going to go out of his way to pump HP when promoting another film. It’s the interviewers that will always bring up HP (shoot, it’s an opportunity, of course they will take it…)

Therefore, I HOPE that folks interviewing him will make it a point to know what else he’s got going on.

July 29th, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I think it can help. If they market it right, since it’ll be playing different cities (not sure if it will go “wide” at a later date or not, we’re still looking into all this), they can play the trailer in front of DH1…

and I know what you mean, AJ. He’s just too precious. lol

Amber K (akoppenh)
July 29th, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I’m not counting on it, but I hope it goes nation wide. I doubt it will open in Columbus, OH if it doesn’t. Hmm, perhaps it’s worth a 5 hour road trip to Chicago.

jo
July 29th, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Rupert fans always gotta wait but that’s okay he is worth it. 😉

July 29th, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Haha Amber, I drove 2 hours to see Driving Lessons. Hell, I went all the way to Belfast to see Cherrybomb! LOL *is crazy* But I enjoyed it. 🙂 Hopefully even if it’s not real wide, it’ll still be available in most cities. I know a lot of fans can’t do what a lot of us done. Not because they don’t want to, but because they can’t! 🙁

But a huge turnout for the movie in its first initial week or so in release will help it to go wider, so fingers crossed!

Moumi
July 30th, 2010 at 12:02 AM

I just hope WT will come in NYC .. Anywhere in Manhattan will be fine for me .. I want to see it so badly ..

I dont know whether I will ever get the oppurtunity to watch Cherrybomb .. Why cant it be released in dvd in US ??

July 30th, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Moumi, it should be in NYC and LA the first week of release. 🙂 Usually that’s where these type of movies play first.

July 30th, 2010 at 5:46 AM

Well, congrats to all the people in the US!! 🙂 Lucky you!! I’m crossing my fingers that it’ll make it to Spain.

Amu
July 30th, 2010 at 6:07 AM

Well, I am watching it sooner than I expected, so I am not complaining..

3 more days! Monday cant come sooner! 🙂