Rupert Grint Talks Butterbeer and Beastie Boys with ICM!

Rupert Grint Talks Butterbeer and Beastie Boys with ICM!
June 24th, 2010, 11:07 pm–What happens when you mix two ICM staffers, and Rupert Grint? Complete and utter randomness! On the final evening of a spectacular week of events surrounding the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, Jo and AJ from rupert-grint.us received a phone call to hook up with Rupert in a lovely patio setting behind the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade.

Here, Rupert took time out of his evening to sit and chat with ICM!

When we approached the meeting area, Rupert was standing and immediately approached us and greeted us with his winning smile. Rupert had on a black cardigan with a shirt reading the words “Do you feel lucky?” (HELL YEAH!) We all shook hands and “formally” introduced ourselves (as we’ve had several encounters with Rupert at various events.) So here’s a snippet of what we discussed.

Jo: Hey how are you, thanks for chatting with us tonight.

Rupert: Oh yeah no problem.

AJ: So how are you liking Florida?

Rupert: (In an animated voice.) It’s SO HOT!

AJ: Yeah I know.

Rupert: You’re from here?

AJ: No I am from Maryland, but its on the same coast. It’s around
Washington D.C.

Rupert: Oh yeah!

At this point we head over to the patio chairs to chat more with Rupert. The chairs were all wet so he laughed at us as we figured that out. Once seated we chatted more about music, the Harry Potter films and future projects.

Read the rest of our chat with Rupert via our press site here. And you can view our photos with him in our galleries here.
And chat in the forum with us here.

51 Comments to "Rupert Grint Talks Butterbeer and Beastie Boys with ICM!"

Amu
June 24th, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Aj and Jo…you lucky lucky lucky girls. A private chat with Rupert nonetheless… It cant get better than this.. 😀

Oh! How Jealous I am with you guys right now…still I cant be happier..you guys look great in these pictures.

and Rupert’s T-shirt..So cute!

Amber
June 24th, 2010 at 11:39 PM

He is just precious. You girls are lucky.

Linda
June 24th, 2010 at 11:43 PM

OMG!!! Love the interview! Wonderful pictures. I wouldn’t be able to speak, let alone ask questions in his presence. Very well done! :)

Jo
June 24th, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Thanks, Rupert is always so sweet and down to earth. Totally easy to chat with and really we didn’t want to bombard him with tons of interview questions so that’s why a lot of the conversation was chatting which we couldn’t fit it all in lol.

aquarian
June 25th, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I’m squeeing over her ladies. I love exclusives, and this was definitely an ICM best! This had to be so wonderful for you girls, and thanks for getting the info on Eddie the Eagle! Yall are always getting the scoop! :)

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Thanks AQUARIAN!!! That means a lot. :)

TaoTao
June 25th, 2010 at 12:22 AM

I love that he’s looking into other projects and we won’t have to be waiting forever for something (meaning Eddie). 😀 I want more Rupert movies!

AJ
June 25th, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Thanks, guys!

*sings Janet*

It’s all for you….

I have to say, after our chat, the first word that came to my mind when thinking about Rupert was: Pleasant. He’s simply pleasant.

I’ve never really used that word to describe someone, and perhaps it’s because he’s British, but he’s so pleasant to be around.

Really cool and down to earth. I totally felt that I could be myself.

I didn’t feel that I was around “Rupert Grint” actor, I felt that I was talking to a really cool guy named Rupert.

I will always take that away from the experience.

June 25th, 2010 at 12:36 AM

He seems so sweet. It still amazes me that someone as famous as he is can be so down to earth and took time out to talk to his fans.

I can’t wait to see what else he has planned movie wise.

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Don’t forget warm AJ, he was really warm like he had a fever almost because that hot sun got to him lol.

AJ
June 25th, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Oh yeah, he’s so warm….

AND PRETTY!!!

Hehehehe….

aquarian
June 25th, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Pretty?! LOL, that’s an adjective i didn’t expect. Gorgeous, of course! Fine, sure! Smoking, hot…hello, it’s Rupert! But pretty? ….i guess all positive adjectives can describe that man!

AJ
June 25th, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Hold up, let me explain.

He’s not pretty boy, pretty.

He’s not girly pretty.

He’s the pretty that only you would be able to understand if you had witnessed it yourself.

Pics have NEVER done his justice.

He’s pretty as only AJ can define…

So, when I say he’s pretty, don’t question it, just know that it’s pretty as defined by Aj, which is not the normal definition (though subjective) of prettiness….

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 1:50 AM

He’s pretty like van gogh’s starry night

Laura
June 25th, 2010 at 2:23 AM

LOVE IT. I knew it was an interview from the moment you guys posted that tweet about what his favorite Beastie Boy song was.

I got all squee and excited when it came to new films BEFORE Eddie.

AJ
June 25th, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Well, we’re glad you saw it, before leaving. Jo said that she wanted to get the post out before you left…

Laura
June 25th, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Yeah I just woke up so great timing! Thanks a bunch! And thanks to Rupert for being such a doll!

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 2:36 AM

So happy we got it out for you Laura!

AJ
June 25th, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Just woke up,…..I ain’t gone to bed yet…

June 25th, 2010 at 2:44 AM

Aaaaaaargh!! You lucky girls!! 😀 I’m SO envious of you right now!! 😛 I KNEW the surprise was going to be something like this 😛

Newer Comments »