Rupert Grint Talks Butterbeer and Beastie Boys with ICM!

June 24th, 2010, 11:07 pm–What happens when you mix two ICM staffers, and Rupert Grint? Complete and utter randomness! On the final evening of a spectacular week of events surrounding the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, Jo and AJ from rupert-grint.us received a phone call to hook up with Rupert in a lovely patio setting behind the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade.

Here, Rupert took time out of his evening to sit and chat with ICM!

When we approached the meeting area, Rupert was standing and immediately approached us and greeted us with his winning smile. Rupert had on a black cardigan with a shirt reading the words “Do you feel lucky?” (HELL YEAH!) We all shook hands and “formally” introduced ourselves (as we’ve had several encounters with Rupert at various events.) So here’s a snippet of what we discussed.

Jo: Hey how are you, thanks for chatting with us tonight.

Rupert: Oh yeah no problem.

AJ: So how are you liking Florida?

Rupert: (In an animated voice.) It’s SO HOT!

AJ: Yeah I know.

Rupert: You’re from here?

AJ: No I am from Maryland, but its on the same coast. It’s around
Washington D.C.

Rupert: Oh yeah!

At this point we head over to the patio chairs to chat more with Rupert. The chairs were all wet so he laughed at us as we figured that out. Once seated we chatted more about music, the Harry Potter films and future projects.

Read the rest of our chat with Rupert via our press site here. And you can view our photos with him in our galleries here.
And chat in the forum with us here.

51 Comments to "Rupert Grint Talks Butterbeer and Beastie Boys with ICM!"

Amu
June 24th, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Aj and Jo…you lucky lucky lucky girls. A private chat with Rupert nonetheless… It cant get better than this.. :-D

Oh! How Jealous I am with you guys right now…still I cant be happier..you guys look great in these pictures.

and Rupert’s T-shirt..So cute!

Amber
June 24th, 2010 at 11:39 PM

He is just precious. You girls are lucky.

Linda
June 24th, 2010 at 11:43 PM

OMG!!! Love the interview! Wonderful pictures. I wouldn’t be able to speak, let alone ask questions in his presence. Very well done! :)

Jo
June 24th, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Thanks, Rupert is always so sweet and down to earth. Totally easy to chat with and really we didn’t want to bombard him with tons of interview questions so that’s why a lot of the conversation was chatting which we couldn’t fit it all in lol.

aquarian
June 25th, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I’m squeeing over her ladies. I love exclusives, and this was definitely an ICM best! This had to be so wonderful for you girls, and thanks for getting the info on Eddie the Eagle! Yall are always getting the scoop! :)

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 12:19 AM

Thanks AQUARIAN!!! That means a lot. :)

TaoTao
June 25th, 2010 at 12:22 AM

I love that he’s looking into other projects and we won’t have to be waiting forever for something (meaning Eddie). :D I want more Rupert movies!

June 25th, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Thanks, guys!

*sings Janet*

It’s all for you….

I have to say, after our chat, the first word that came to my mind when thinking about Rupert was: Pleasant. He’s simply pleasant.

I’ve never really used that word to describe someone, and perhaps it’s because he’s British, but he’s so pleasant to be around.

Really cool and down to earth. I totally felt that I could be myself.

I didn’t feel that I was around “Rupert Grint” actor, I felt that I was talking to a really cool guy named Rupert.

I will always take that away from the experience.

June 25th, 2010 at 12:36 AM

He seems so sweet. It still amazes me that someone as famous as he is can be so down to earth and took time out to talk to his fans.

I can’t wait to see what else he has planned movie wise.

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Don’t forget warm AJ, he was really warm like he had a fever almost because that hot sun got to him lol.

June 25th, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Oh yeah, he’s so warm….

AND PRETTY!!!

Hehehehe….

aquarian
June 25th, 2010 at 1:44 AM

Pretty?! LOL, that’s an adjective i didn’t expect. Gorgeous, of course! Fine, sure! Smoking, hot…hello, it’s Rupert! But pretty? ….i guess all positive adjectives can describe that man!

June 25th, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Hold up, let me explain.

He’s not pretty boy, pretty.

He’s not girly pretty.

He’s the pretty that only you would be able to understand if you had witnessed it yourself.

Pics have NEVER done his justice.

He’s pretty as only AJ can define…

So, when I say he’s pretty, don’t question it, just know that it’s pretty as defined by Aj, which is not the normal definition (though subjective) of prettiness….

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 1:50 AM

He’s pretty like van gogh’s starry night

Laura
June 25th, 2010 at 2:23 AM

LOVE IT. I knew it was an interview from the moment you guys posted that tweet about what his favorite Beastie Boy song was.

I got all squee and excited when it came to new films BEFORE Eddie.

June 25th, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Well, we’re glad you saw it, before leaving. Jo said that she wanted to get the post out before you left…

Laura
June 25th, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Yeah I just woke up so great timing! Thanks a bunch! And thanks to Rupert for being such a doll!

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 2:36 AM

So happy we got it out for you Laura!

June 25th, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Just woke up,…..I ain’t gone to bed yet…

June 25th, 2010 at 2:44 AM

Aaaaaaargh!! You lucky girls!! :D I’m SO envious of you right now!! :P I KNEW the surprise was going to be something like this :P

francaise3/Marite
June 25th, 2010 at 4:13 AM

Awesome girls!!! I am soooo excited that he is looking for more stuff! And before Eddie sounds VERY good!!!!

Rosa
June 25th, 2010 at 7:33 AM

OMGG!! You’re so lucky girls!!! I feel jelous(in a good way xDD) when I see these pics, hahahaha
Well, after that I’m going to read the interviez

NELE
June 25th, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Great interview!!!
Hope Rupert isn’t to sad on Sunday When England lose against Germany
(Sorry, I don’want him to be sad, but in this case…)

June 25th, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I agree with Nele (both about Sunday and about the interview)!

Jo, AJ… you lucky chics, you! :D

June 25th, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Hahahaha, when I saw Nele’s words, I thought about you Karo. And I thought about reading all of Matt Lewis’ tweets….

Best to all for their teams….

TaoTao
June 25th, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Oh, I get the pretty thing, AJ. Rupert, when seeing him up close & personal, you just know. He’s a beautiful man. Nothing does his beauty justice. If he weren’t famous, he’d still turn heads because of how beautiful he is instead of people knowing who he is. You know? :D

Brunda
June 25th, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Totally its a great package, Aj and jo thanks for giving it for us ,lots of love for u both.:-)thanks:-)

amanda
June 25th, 2010 at 2:02 PM

That iz kinda boring, why didn’t you ask him new questions? We already know about Eddie and that he likes Bestie Boyz.

jo
June 25th, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Sorry to disappoint you Amanda but we already stated this wasn’t an interview but a chat with Rupert.

June 25th, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Amanda, actually Eddie had not been confirmed as 100%. Not as confirmed as this. And aside from the karaoke, the Beastie Boys had never been mentioned either (ask Jo, she’s a major fan of them, she would have known).

June 25th, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Well Amanda,

First I want to say that I’m truly sorry that you weren’t pleased. As Jo just stated, it was a chat.

Hopefully, as time goes by, we will have more opportunties to speak with
Rupert, and we WILL sit down with the Monster Book of Rupert Questions via our Handy Dandy Notebook and we will grill Rupert until sweats and cries mercy!!!!

Until then, so we can add to such a book, if you have any questions that you think would give the fandom insight into Rupert please forward them to our staff email. Or, when you run into Rupert you can ask him so that we can all learn something new.

Honestly, I would love to know more about Rupert.
__

For the others, thanks. Was it earth shattering, (probably for no one else but Jo and myself.) But, to share a cool experience, that’s all we wanted to do.

Anna
June 25th, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Yeah……as if meeting Rupert was boring. *Rollingeyes*

Val
June 25th, 2010 at 9:24 PM

oh WOW! I love you guys!!!! you are amazing! you two and of course our dearest Rupert :D

jo
June 25th, 2010 at 10:11 PM

I am sorry to our readers for my outlash but enough is enough. Leave us alone man. We don’t talk about you, we don’t think about you, we don’t care about anything but Rupert and the fans so get a life already!!! peace.

June 25th, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Jo, I can NOT link Mickey Mouse to here!!!

Just imagine Mickey Mouse looking at you and BE GOOD!! *Mickey Mouse has got his eyes on you*

You outspoken child you…

jo
June 25th, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Well seriously we try and have fun on OUR SITE with OUR READERS and our FRIENDS and then we have folks going around trying to ruin our fun. Are you folks that pathetic that you have to spend your time spying on what we do??????? FOCUS on your own site for a change and leave ICM alone!! It’s all I ask. It’s not alot.

jo
June 25th, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Okay I made AJ mad lol, AJ you can delete my comments because shit I am sure they already READ them since they SPY!

June 25th, 2010 at 10:39 PM

“it is what it is”

I swear that’s been the answer to most of the things in my life lately. Now it applies to Rupert fandom…great.

Fact of the matter, we had a good time. We got to meet Rupert. And share that with our readers. We’re not high and mighty. We’re fans who’ve had some amazing opportunities who some of our readers may not get a chance go have. So what do we do, we spend our time, and our money and whatever else, and we bring those experience back to those readers. We interact with our readers. We fangirl with our readers. What you see or read is what you get. (Even a pissed of Jo), that’s real.

Either you love it, or you don’t. Simple as that…

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 10:40 PM

What do I gotta do though to be asked to be left alone? Do I need to sell a lung, I read I can live without one. So if you need a lung let me know!

June 25th, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Well, when all else fails, sing

“War, huh, good God ya’ll.
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing…
Say it again…”

Hehehehehehe…

Can we sing the Rainbow Connection next? I love that song…

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Rupert would be embarrassed to know all this, no wonder he doesn’t come online to the fansites. I don’t blame him.

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 10:45 PM

OK i had my rant, I am gonna delete these now before I make folks mad lol.

June 25th, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Jo, Mickey is staring at you through the computer screen.

Really he’s right here…

Go get your nightcap, and head over to the forum, girl.

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 10:47 PM

AJ I deleted most of them, I tried.

June 25th, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Mickey would be pleased with that solution, Jo….

Sam
June 25th, 2010 at 10:47 PM

One day you’ll find it, the rainbow connection. The Lovers, the Dreamers, and MEEEEEE

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Thanks Sam!!!! Seriously I let things get to me when I shouldn’t. who cares, it’s all good, we love Rupert!

June 25th, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Yay Sam, I love singing…

*sings*

Sing, sing a song.
Sing out loud….
Sing out strong…

*sigh*

I wish we could do Karaoke on here…. :(

TaoTao
June 25th, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Perhaps there is just jealousy about Rupert wearing a feeling lucky shirt while visiting with ICM in Orlando. I mean, who wouldn’t? He was feeling lucky with us. ;)

Jo
June 25th, 2010 at 11:33 PM

LOL Tao. :)

SUDARSHAN
November 1st, 2010 at 7:40 AM

HELLOW SIR PLEASE DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT HARRY POTTER MOVIES WILL NEVER STOP PRODUCING

Newer Comments »