Exclusive: Rupert Grint To Attend Wizarding World Grand Opening!

June 12th, 2010, 1:17am–Some months ago we were told Rupert Grint would be attending The Wizarding World of Harry Potter but was asked to be retracted for proper confirmation. Well, we can now exclusively reveal that Rupert will indeed be attending the opening. Tom Felton has already stated he will be in attendance and this site is also stating that Daniel Radcliffe along with James and Oliver Phelps will be attending. It’s been said that Bonnie Wright will also be attending but that is currently unconfirmed I believe. There is some talk that the stars will be there prior to the grand opening instead of June 18th, the proper grand opening date, but we are looking into that to be sure.

Also more Wild Target promotion from Rupert has come out where he has a slightly new interview talking again about Eddie, the first ginger James Bond, and what kind of films he likes to do. You can read it here!

49 Comments to "Exclusive: Rupert Grint To Attend Wizarding World Grand Opening!"

Laura
June 12th, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Yay!! I’m so happy he’s going!!

June 12th, 2010 at 1:29 AM

So exciting! I’ll be there on the 18th. :D

jo
June 12th, 2010 at 1:30 AM

OH man I wanna go, short drive. Hmmm..

June 12th, 2010 at 1:33 AM

I think it’s well worth it. It looks so amazing from the pics and videos I’ve seen!

AJ
June 12th, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Man, I just woke up and I see all of this….

Michelle
June 12th, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Geeeez, I wanna go!!! *whines*

and bless Rupert, he gets tired of himself, listening to himself talk about himself. That’s got to be no fun at all

AJ
June 12th, 2010 at 1:40 AM

I like the sound of your voice, Rupert.

Also, does Rupert like the color pink?

He once said that his bike that he rides around the set was pink…

June 12th, 2010 at 1:43 AM

LOL Perhaps. My little cousin would love him… she adores pink. :P

Masha
June 12th, 2010 at 1:43 AM

great news because it means new pictures! yay!
can’t wait!

jo
June 12th, 2010 at 1:46 AM

LOL about the new pictures.

June 12th, 2010 at 1:56 AM

New pictures always good. :D I wonder if Rupert will have done something different with his hair by then…

June 12th, 2010 at 3:21 AM

‘Do you find it hard to watch yourself?

You get used to it. I find it quite easy to detach myself from the character and then I can pretend it’s a different person, which makes it easier. I don’t cringe too much!’

FINALLY!! An interviewer who realizes how boring their questions might be!!

AJ, when did Rupert said that his bike is pink?? :D Lol, I love my boy!! He’s so special!! ^^

rein
June 12th, 2010 at 3:58 AM

what? Bonnie’s not confirmed yet.:( They should be there!

Amu
June 12th, 2010 at 4:53 AM

Wish I could be there! Booo! Wizarding World is so so far away from Down Under…

But, Good News because this means loads and loads of New Rupert Pictures…Who would’nt want that? Yeah! ;-)

Kristin M.
June 12th, 2010 at 8:25 AM

I wish I could be there, but I can’t. I am going to try to go to the last HP premiere though, even if it kills me.

Emma’s not going? That sucks, all 3 of them should go. Maybe they just missed that information.

prem
June 12th, 2010 at 8:51 AM

hi rupert………. you and emma watson are best couple of the world…… i think you need to propose him////////////////////////$$$$$$$$$$

Mia
June 12th, 2010 at 9:46 AM

we can only hope
maybe he’ll part it on the side like Tony

manda1
June 12th, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I really want to go to the wizarding park especially since Rupert will be there lol! I can’t wait to have new pics of Rup! I love to see how Rup will do his hair

Luli
June 12th, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Are you sure? No article to confirm it? On the link you showed it was not confirmed whether Rupert would go.

June 12th, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Luli, the article confirming is ours. And Yes, we are sure (unless anything horrid happens, which we all pray won’t be the case). :)

June 12th, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Rein, I’m not really sure… some are saying yes. But I wasn’t sure if that was confirmed. :)

Luli, yes, we are sure. Unless, like Karo said, something comes up and he can’t. But he is scheduled to attend!

Brent
June 12th, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I can CONFIRM that you will more than likely NOT BE seeing them on the 18th. For the most part the stars are there for the media events/parties which are the few days BEFORE the 18th. I’m saying this to avoid disappointment for those going on the 18th sorry but you will NOT be seeing the stars up close like we all may want. But enjoy the area it truly is a wonderful experience

Amy
June 12th, 2010 at 12:38 PM

That interview is a very good interview. That explains why Rupert is always at his top form in the interviews that come just before the potter movies release. The reporter who asked the questions really understands Rupert.
And BonnieR… , I think he mentioned that pink bike in some bbc interview. that interview came up during HBP release I think. He also mentioned that his nick name on the sets is giggly grint something.

Amy
June 12th, 2010 at 12:39 PM

uh.. oh.. typo in my earlier post… * not at his top form is what I meant.

June 12th, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I’ve read this Brent, but I cannot understand why. It’s my experience that when you have a grand opening you pull out all the stops. So why have the biggest stars be there BEFORE the park officially opens? I am not discounting you, just don’t get the point. I didn’t expect to mingle with the stars that day, but figured they would be doing like a grand opening type thing with a ribbon cut or something.

Joshua
June 12th, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Yay for Rupert! That’s fantastic :)

I hope Emma gets confirmed soon as I’d love to see the trio together as a whole. I miss them truthfully :P.

Jo
June 12th, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Well our job is to report the news that Rupert is scheduled to attend. What happens before or during the event we can never predict. If you goes a few days before that’s fine too, I mean either way we’ll get some great new stuff from it so izzzzzzz excited!!!!!!!!

rachel
June 12th, 2010 at 4:17 PM

omg i just realised they finished filming DH today…well maybe rupes will watch the football while he winds down ;)

Amu
June 12th, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Last day of officially filming for HP! Can’t believe its over and no more Rupert as Ron! *sniff* *sniff*

June 12th, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Yeah, if you read the ‘my inspiration’ post we already revealed the last date of filming was June 12th. Everyone else is late. :P But yeah, sad in a lot of ways but awesome in others!

Speaking of which Jo, just saw this article: http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2010/06/12/harry-potter-celebrities-rumored-to-attend-wizarding-world-opening/

I don’t know why they are saying ‘rumored’. :P Any way, it looks like there were be a few days of events and then the grand opening Friday morning. My guess? The trio will be there to do the grand opening and possibly other events the other days. But we are looking into exact events he’ll be apart of. :)

June 12th, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Oh, this was posted on twitter: During the Grand Opening, the knight bus from the Prisoner of Azkaban will bein Hogsmeade! It will drop off all the HP stars

This is what I thought. I can’t imagine having a grand opening event with nothing interesting happening. I mean, what? It’s the grand opening! LOL

Sandra
June 12th, 2010 at 6:40 PM

prior to the grand opening?What does that mean and where is that written?Is there another Opening the Day before the 18th?
I’m confused.
But it would make Sense somehow,because it would be really stressful to hold the many People away from them there,that they have still some Peace there,it’s different from a Premier

but ,well ,please someone answer my Question xD

Jo
June 12th, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Yes there is some events prior to a couple days before, ICM staff will be there and will report everything and anything we can! :) And that’s cool Tao. Maybe I will run into Rupert on city walk. AT night. ALONE!

June 12th, 2010 at 7:55 PM

LOL @ Jo

Basically Sandra there will be events prior closed to the public but an opening ceremony in the morning for the grand opening. People are saying HP stars will arrive on the knight bus. This makes sense because why have a grand opening on the 18th but everything else, which is closed to the public, before hand? Seems kinda stupid. But we’ll have complete details soon. :)

Weasleyqueen
June 13th, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Thanks for the exclusive on Rupert :D! I miss him so much!!
Too bad I can’t be there myself!!! I’m jealous of all you Rupert fans who can!!!

Also, I know this is a Rupert fansite, but I just wondering since you guys seem to have connections, if you have heard anything about Emma’s attendance? No one seems to have confirmed her appearance yet. I assume she’d be going.

June 13th, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Unfortunately we haven’t heard anything yet. But it will probably be any day now. Michael Gambon has just been confirmed as well. It’s being pretty hushed hush right now… they don’t even know when John Williams will be there (he’s scheduled, but they’re keeping his appearance for a 3 day span. I imagine that it’ll be opening day – gotta have a bang then!) to orchestrate. I’m truly excited. :D

addie
June 13th, 2010 at 2:26 AM

Are you all going to the grand opening? will there be interviews?

June 13th, 2010 at 2:43 AM

Addie, we’ll have 3 staffers on hand for the grand opening and one staffer working the festivities the days leading up to it. :) I don’t know currently how interviews will go or if there will be. Hopefully soon we’ll have the details that we can reveal to everyone. :)

Maria
June 13th, 2010 at 4:36 AM

Can I say that I wouldn’t be sad if Emma wouldn’t go?Because she is the one then who gets the most Attention,who gets the most Comments on Youtubevideos,who will get a Article the next Days,how great she looked etc,I can really imagine that.Emma here,Emma there
and no one will talk about Bonnie for Example,but I suppose Bonnie will look great.
And Emma was already there,so I wouldn’t be sad,if she won’t go.So Rupert,Daniel,Tom etc would get the Attention for once.Even the Twins didn’t say much the last Time,Mattew nothing,but Emma almost 2 Minutes in the Interview.
I know the Twins were already there too,but you don’t hear much from them,like from Emma.
At the Videos from NMA,Emma looked this,Emma is this etc,not many wrote about Bonnie or that Rupert should be better soon

Nothing bad against Emma,but I would wish she won’t go,so the others can do more there and get more.
Sorry that I write that on this great Rupert Fan Site,but it is for me sometimes like just Emma is the Main Actor and the others the third Wheel,especially Rupert.
So I have still Hope that she won’t go this Time.She must not be everywhere.It’s my Option.
Again I am sorry for writing it here,it’s just Rupert is doing the most for his Career.Emma talks a lot how much she would like to have a normal Life or want to have a normal Career and gets the most Attention and Rupert almost no Attention.That makes me angry and I really hope she won’t be there,that she can stay at Home and enjoy the Time with Family in the Summer,like she said she will do.But AGAIN nothing bad against her,I don’t hate her.But in HP is NOT just her

suzeeq
June 13th, 2010 at 7:36 AM

In my opinion, it wouldn’t be the same without the trio. I would prefer Emma being there regardless of the attention she gets.

June 13th, 2010 at 9:51 AM

I agree Suzeeq. I do hate the media attention surrounding both her and Dan, but bother are truly lovely people. Just knowing that the trio will be there will be awesome. Just watching them open the park… It’s going to be something no one will forget and it wouldn’t be the same if it was only “Ron and Harry” instead of “Ron Harry and Hermione”.

Btw further confirmation there will be a grand opening event on the 18th. Guests won’t be able to ‘rub elbows’ (which I didn’t expect) but the actors will be there to open the park officially on the 18th which I *did* expect: http://behindthethrills.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=634:harry-potter-and-the-calm-before-the-storm&catid=64:news-&Itemid=121 – Shot of the park at night all lit up for those who won’t be able to go. Looks awesome!

galadriel12
June 13th, 2010 at 11:58 AM

“Sometimes when you’re promoting a film you get one person in after another. They’ve all got their list of questions and key things that they want, but they always happen to be the same. So in those situations you can get quite… you don’t really get bored with the interview, you just get bored of yourself. Just hearing the sound of your own voice.”

That’s impressive. A very polite and diplomatic answer.

June 13th, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I agree on the answer. You can tell he’s bored. I believe him when he says he gets bored with himself. I imagine saying the same thing over and over again gets so tedious you do get bored with yourself. And Rupert is so laid back I bet it’s harder for him. lol

Victoria
June 13th, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Wish we could know for sure if they’re going on the grand opening or not. They’re finally coming to my city! I don’t wanna miss em :(

Victoria
June 13th, 2010 at 3:59 PM

nevermind lol, read the rest of everyone’s comments. hope we get to at least see from afar.

neha
June 14th, 2010 at 10:09 AM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh rupert i luv u.

neha
June 14th, 2010 at 10:18 AM

pleeze rupert read these comment
(in hindi)
such kehti hu rupert mai aapko bohot pasand karati hue.
mai ye likhaakar sirf apane pyaar ka izahar karana chahati hue.
aur kuch nahi.mai emma daniel rupert aap tino ko pasand karati hue.
muze emma aur daniel ka couple bohot pasnd hai.aur mai aur aap.
pata nahi ye succh hoga ya nahi.mere pyaar ka bagawan gawaah hai.
phir koi ho ya na ho.i luv u.

Erica
June 14th, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I’ll be there, at the grand opening of the park on Friday. I would hope that they would be there on the actual grand opening date of the 18th. It would be pretty silly if they weren’t! Especially if I’m going to battle the crowds to be there, I want to be able to catch a glimpse of them.

concerned fan