Rupert Grint Talks Eddie The Eagle and Wild Target In New Interview!

June 8th, 2010, 12:30pm–In a new interview with WalesOnline Rupert Grint talks about his new comedy film Wild Target and shares with us his gun training and what it was like for him firing at the shooting range,  how much he looks up to his Wild Target co-star Bill Nighy and even desires to work on stage! Once again we get a big mention about Eddie The Eagle and Rupert’s excitement in playing the British skier! Read excerpt:

“I’m quite looking forward to that. He’s a big character and quite funny. It’s still early stages though, it’s not completely final yet,” he says.

“The whole story is inspiring because he’s the classic underdog and he actually did amazing things. He set the British record at the time. He’s just got so much guts.”

Grint, who never thought of acting as a career before Harry Potter changed his life, is open to offers.

“I’d do literally anything. Anything that’s quite different with big characters would be good. Someone dark and insane would be quite cool,” he adds.

He could see himself treading the theatre boards like Harry Potter co-star Daniel, but has some hesitations.

“I’d like to do some stage in the future, definitely, because it seems like you get a lot of satisfaction – probably not naked or singing though,” he says.

“It just seems like a massive step and it’s a different craft because you only get one chance.

“At the moment, I’m just looking at other stuff. I’ll probably take some time off, catch up with friends and have some freedom. Then see what happens and take it as it comes.”

Read the entire interview via WalesOnline!

17 Comments to "Rupert Grint Talks Eddie The Eagle and Wild Target In New Interview!"

Jo
June 8th, 2010 at 12:54 PM

The future is so bright for our boy!

manda1
June 8th, 2010 at 1:02 PM

The future is really bright for him he can do anything that he can set his mind to!!

Linda
June 8th, 2010 at 1:12 PM

So cool!! And what’s great is there seems to be a bit of buzz out there about his performance in the DH trailer too! His future is looking very very bright (like we ever thought it wouldn’t!! :)

TaoTao
June 8th, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Future’s looking so bright, gotta wear shades! Hehe

I love it. Love his talk of Eddie too. I know it’s early, but man I want something already. lol And I love that he picks roles based on how different they are. People try to write off the Eddie biopic, but I think this will be a great character and definitely different from movie!Ron.

Laura
June 8th, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I get all giddy when he talks about Eddie. *squees*

fleur
June 9th, 2010 at 2:43 PM

we love you rup… Jo: would not be great if Rupert came on the website and post a comment???? :D
By the way, i dunno if u remember , but i think one day people thought rupert put a comment on the website about his haircut. it was a comment with the name steve. and we heard that ( i think i read it somewhere) but one of rup’s nicknames was: steve. the comment was like: rup is gonna cut is hair in (dont remember the date)
omg that would be so great….

Rupert, if you read this …. :D you know what you have to do… lol

jo
June 9th, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Fleur that is interesting, I don’t remember that. Rupert finds it odd though to come on his fansites and post lol but I would not be surprised if one of his sisters did. Nigel told me the girls love to come to the site and read the silly stuff we post so who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jo
June 9th, 2010 at 4:47 PM

OH MY Tony just popped up to the right of me!

June 9th, 2010 at 5:20 PM

To Georgina, Charlotte and Samantha: send Rupert our love and tell him to drop by :D

ari
June 9th, 2010 at 5:25 PM

ok, OT but in twitter are talking about someone in the audience of big brother holding a sing that says “I ♥ Rupert Grint” hahaha
that person is already for HP premiere i think so :P

Fleur
June 9th, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Hey Jo, how nice lol, well yeah, they must have lots of fun lo… can imagine that….

fleur
June 9th, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Oh jo, it must be a stupid question, but i just would love to know if its ok. You told us you talked with Rup’s dad, Nigel. Have you ever talkes with his mum, jo? (yeaaaah like you :D) lol if yes, is she nice? well, she does look very nice.

Weird question i know lol
but we love you JO :D

Sky
June 9th, 2010 at 6:50 PM

yeah yeahyeah blah blah..luv u too anyway!!!! LETS TALK SOME ROMIONE RUPERT!!!!!!!

jo
June 9th, 2010 at 7:16 PM

No Fleur, but maybe one day! I always said Jo Grint looked like Agentha from Abba! I’d love to get a photo with her lol.

Fleur
June 9th, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Oh yeah Jo, thats true, she looks really pretty and yeah thats true she does :D

have a nice day :D

Claire
January 27th, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Eddie the eagle is filming in my home town right by where i live. i love rupert and i have since i was like 6 so this is super exciting!!!

DALILA
February 12th, 2012 at 8:21 PM

ESTO ESTA EN INGLES NO ENTIENDO UN POMO.