Rupert Grint: Cherrybomb August DVD Release!

Rupert Grint: Cherrybomb August DVD Release!
May 7th, 2010, 8:01 am–We can finally reveal that Rupert Grint’s latest film Cherrybomb, which just made it’sΒ  debut in UK cinemas now has a DVD release date for August 23rd 2010! We know that so many of you worked hard and campaigned for so long on this film so we are happy you’ll finally get the opportunity! In addition to this, ICM was asked to send over a list of things the fans would like to see featured on the DVD. We can guarantee many cool treats that will be included from deleted scenes, commentary and interviews. We’ll be sure the fans get spoiled! So mark your calendars folks and again congrats to everybody for their hard work and dedication to this film and this campaign! We will have more DVD updates coming soon so keep checking back.

You can pre-order VIA Amazon. Click here for more information.

Also no current updates on any other cinema dates guys…….Staff is out in Belfast seeing Cherrybomb again so once they get back we’ll update more on that and Wild Target. πŸ™‚

UPDATE: Some features have been announced: A “Making of Cherrybomb” featurette and there will also be a free digital copy with the DVD! So those who aren’t able to play the DVD on their computer or DVD player will now be able to play the movie on their computer and ipod! Also HMV has the DVD available for pre-order as well and you can do that here.

23 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Cherrybomb August DVD Release!"

Jo
May 7th, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Cool man. We were told it would be on DVD in August months ago. Just saying cuz all this time and that is one date that didn’t change on us! Sweet!

Catty
May 7th, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Great news, not long to wait. I couldnt go and see it at the cinema there wasn’t one playing it anywhere near me. It would be good if there were some bloopers on the dvd and im really happy to hear there will be a commentary as well.

Mia
May 7th, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Yeah but is it only going to be released in PAL or will it be multi regional?

Cookimonstress
May 7th, 2010 at 9:39 AM

*Does happy dance* πŸ˜€

TALLEY
May 7th, 2010 at 9:48 AM

This is just a UK release right? Any guesses if the U.S. will get either the movie or dvd anytime?

Laura
May 7th, 2010 at 9:54 AM

YESYESYES!!

I hope Anna and Karo had a safe flight!

Rosa
May 7th, 2010 at 10:19 AM

oh!That’s a great new!!

My cousin lives in the UK, so, I’ll probably say her to buy it there for me, hehe…it would be a good christmas present, hehe.

Does anyone know if UK dvds has subtitles in spanish??

manda1
May 7th, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Oh my god!!!!!!! Is it just goin to be UK or all over since its s dvd

Masha
May 7th, 2010 at 11:45 AM

I’d love to buy the dvd, but doubt I’ll be able to watch it because I don’t have multiregional player =(
still glad for UK )

May 7th, 2010 at 12:16 PM

For those of us who cannot watch it on a regular DVD player, your computer is suppose to be able to play it. πŸ™‚ So there is at least that!

Manda, just the UK. It’ll be that region unless they decide to put in on blu-ray. Which I wish they would… standard DVD is just going to kill the cinematic eye candy that Glenn and Lisa did. πŸ™

Talley, nothing yet, but hopefully there will be something soon on different countries. πŸ™‚

NELE
May 7th, 2010 at 12:17 PM

So, cool. Even if there’s no German release date until then, i can finally see the film!!!

NathΓ‘lia
May 7th, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Oh, I’d like to see a portuguese (br) subtitles! D:

TALLEY
May 7th, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I have an old computer so maybe it’s just mine, but I bought the region 2 DL dvd. I can only play it using that format a certain amount of time. Why? I have no clue but I get this message saying so. πŸ™

I’ll just wait it out.

May 7th, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Oh, good news… just saw that there will be a digital copy which means that no matter what, you should be able to play it on your computer or be able to put it onto your ipod. πŸ™‚

rachel
May 7th, 2010 at 7:43 PM

hey Tao….does a digital copy mean it will be a good clarity like HD or BLU-ray? i dont really know what im talking about when it comes to all this guff.i managed to annoy my man by ‘not appreciating ‘ the HD on ‘the half blood prince’ but tbh…..you cant see jack on those films,they are so dark and i’m not the only one to notice.i wanted to see something colourful so i got the mighty boosh dvd and appreciated vinces wardrobe instead!i am just in love with the cinematic colouring of cherrybomb tho.please lets hope it is as it was intended

Viviane Barreda
May 7th, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I would like both to get it …
But I’m from Brazil and even if you have in my country, not in Portuguese legend … : (

Kisses!

Pixie Potter
May 7th, 2010 at 7:55 PM

This is what I want to know! Is Cherrybomb ever coming to the states!!!!

May 7th, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Rachel, unfortunately no… at least not that I know of. Blu-Ray is the only way you’re going to see every detail. I’m pretty upset because the movie is so colorful, so very visual that it’s going to ruin it being on standard DVD. πŸ˜›

Pixie Potter, yes. I wish I could say more than that… hopefully soon we’ll hear about it all. And maybe whoever does the US rights, when it comes out on DVD, they’ll put it in blu ray and undo the injustice! πŸ˜‰

manda1
May 8th, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I am definitely preordering my copy because the digital copy I can put on mmy itunes πŸ™‚

Alexandra
May 8th, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Oh YESSS, but, do you think the DVD will be in France also, because we haven’t the movie in cinema so I hope that he’ll be there in DVD ??

Thanks for this new !Β§!