The Independent Talks To Rupert Grint!

April 15th, 2010, 7:46pm–The Independent has a new interview with Rupert Grint who is currently promoting Cherrybomb. Here he once again talks about life after Potter – he’s definitely ready for it to end! We also get some new tidbits including his family life in which he talks about how close they are, how they travel all around the world with him, and how his father still deals in F1 merchandise!

Rupert also discusses his various movie roles including Cherrybomb and how doing a kissing scene with Harry Potter co-star Jessie Cave was quite different from his scenes with Cherrybomb co-star Kimberley Nixon. He also talks a little about Wild Target and how he tends to be a lot more like Tony then he does Malachy. He also discusses more on Eddie the Eagle including how his father used to chat to him about Eddie and how famous he was for Britain in 1988! Seems like Rupert’s desire to play this role comes from his father’s stories!

We even get to hear, thankfully, that Rupert didn’t get too much teasing about his red hair while in school!

You can read it all here!

19 Comments to "The Independent Talks To Rupert Grint!"

Laura
April 15th, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I love how he says that he’s actually GRATEFUL to have ginger hair. What an ace guy.

Another new “fun fact” we found out about him: he needs 2 days to recover from a hangover. Héhéh…

TaoTao
April 15th, 2010 at 8:12 PM

LOL That was hilarious, Laura!

I also love that he loves Eddie because of his dad… I bet when he was presented this chance he jumped on it for that sole reason. God I love him. :D

dead-ced-dead
April 15th, 2010 at 8:15 PM

While this guy wont be the Independents reviewer. He gives the film a small compliment. “While it may not be an episode of Skins, it’s still a valid attempt to portray teen life realistically”.

Not the most positive note in the world, it seems to be running along on the current wave of 3/5 star reviews we’ve been getting. And while a 3/5 is positive I really want to see one reviewer break the mold with 4/5 or 5/5.

euge
April 15th, 2010 at 8:33 PM

you will be a name Rupert! we love you for your coolness!

Jo
April 15th, 2010 at 8:37 PM

I would like to be alone with Rupert those two days he is getting over his hangover.

Amber
April 15th, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Awesome, thanks!

Linda
April 15th, 2010 at 9:10 PM

I love all of the new info we seem to be getting about him here recently, no matter how small some of it seems. I can’t help but adore him more and more all of the time!

Michelle
April 15th, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I wonder how much he drinks, to where it takes the man two freakin’ days to get over a hangover! lol

LMAO JO! Remember what we were talking about last night?! Praying to porcelain god, and then this comment comes up!

Jo
April 15th, 2010 at 9:25 PM

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!! Gosh how weird is that. It happens a lot doesn’t it?

Michelle
April 15th, 2010 at 9:42 PM

It really does happen a lot!!! It’s like the universe just stops, points it finger at you and says, “Yes! You are so on right now!”

lol I’m such a goof.

tleo03
April 15th, 2010 at 9:50 PM

It’s so good to hear the he would rather play golf than to hang out at a club and drink himself stupid, unlike so many other actors. Proves how grounded he is. I guess if you have such a bad experience with being drunk, most would tend to steer clear of that. I mean, damn a two day hangover.

Jo
April 15th, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Tao and I were discussing back in the day how we would have to post news on Rupert being on the top ten list of hot gingers and stuff, literally scower the earth for news when it was not HP season…….oh but now now now now!!!!!!!!!! Look at us now! Know what I mean?

TaoTao
April 15th, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Hell yeah, Jo!!! And I love every minute of it. I’m tired as hell (long day) and I actually thought, “Dang, why does this have to come out when I’m tired?” Which two years ago it’d be, “Thank God something new came out!” And tomorrow will be another busy day and MONDAY!

April 16th, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Oh, the Olympics 88 was probably a very memorable time for Nigel (and Jo)… he was on his way to becoming a dad for the first time! :D

TONY! Has anyone seen the cat? Oh man, the cat! lol

AJ
April 16th, 2010 at 2:06 AM

So, he gets his drink on after work on Friday, so he’ll be well and sorted by Monday morning…;)

I love this interview. The author did his research.

rachel
April 16th, 2010 at 5:51 AM

they say hes not a teen sensation like robert pattison.im wondering,do people not go as mad because hes so laid back,and as hes not got a massive ego they think being a crazed fan girl wont impress?just a thought.I watched the clip for the HBP premier and there was definitely some pretty mad screaming going on there,half of me would want to tell them 2 chill,and the other half would want to scream louder than anyone else,lol!

Rose3
April 16th, 2010 at 3:53 PM

I’m glad to hear that he isn’t worried too much about his career post HP. good for him, cause he shouldn’t be! :)

Alexandra
April 16th, 2010 at 5:20 PM

I loved this interview, thank you !§!

quality laptop battery
July 17th, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Hi mates, nice article and good urging commented at this place, I am in fact enjoying by these.