Rupert Grint Talks Ron And Stunts In New Interview!

2199z7d
Rupert Grint Talks Ron And Stunts In New Interview!
November 29th, 2009, 2:43 PM–Rupert Grint and his Harry Potter co-stars Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson were recently interviewed by HP Brazilian site Vira-Tempo about Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and and what its been like filming The Deathly Hallows! Rupert talks about Ron’s wardrobe and stunts!

On the Blu-ray and DVD release, you get put through paces by the stunt guys for the extra features. What was that like? And is that something you asked for specifically or did they just say you’re going to be doing this as a DVD extra?

Rupert: It was in preparation for the Quidditch and flying scenes because I’m not really the most athletic person. I didn’t know if it would help but I got a bit of trampoline training to get my fitness up and it just gives you an idea of what it’s like to fly. And I think it was quite helpful and it was good fun. And the whole process of the Quidditch is quite uncomfortable to film but it looked really cool in the end.

And are you on friendly terms with the wardrobe department? They have put you through the wringer over the last six years, haven’t they?

Rupert: Ron has had some pretty unusual outfits. It’s the same kind of wardrobe in this next one, which is colourful, homemade knitwear and there’s this quite amazing big wedding outfit as well. I quite like it, though. It gets you back and gets you into the character.

Emma Watson talks about Ron and Hermione’s relationship and how well she and Rupert worked together bouncing off ideas for their character romance storyline. 😉

Hermione and Ron obviously have a bit of a romance in the movie. Were you excited for this storyline?

EMMA WATSON: Yes, I was very excited. It might not be the most obvious storyline in a way. I think a lot of fans always saw Hermione and Harry together, but I think that Hermione and Ron are very strange, but kind of perfect for each other. They’re very different, but you know, they make each other laugh. Ron lightens her up. Hermione’s quite a serious character, so I think they’re good for each other.

It seems that it would be more fun to play Hermione when you’re in a scene with Ron, because he looks like he’s having a good time?

EMMA WATSON: Definitely. Yes. I like doing scenes with Rupert because we get to kind of bounce off each other and they tend to be the funny ones.

Now that you’ve seen the film, what’s your favorite storyline to watch, or what are some of your favorite moments?

EMMA WATSON: My favorite moments are Ron playing Quidditch. I just think he’s hysterical. Also, Ron taking a love potion. I think he’s really funny, so for me those moments are my favorite.

Thanks to Vira-Tempo for the translations.

11 Comments to "Rupert Grint Talks Ron And Stunts In New Interview!"

November 29th, 2009 at 4:45 PM

It always amuses me that Rupert says he’s not an athletic guy and yet his biceps always seem to tell a different story. 😛

tleo03
November 29th, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Yeah, I just shows how modest this guy is! We have all seen his biceps, pecs, chest and abs, and if that’s not athletic…

Alexandra
November 29th, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Hi,

I’m French and I am fortunate to have the DVD of HP6, with the bonus DVD, and it’s very interesting with a lot of information about the filming, I like it !§! Rupert is always pleasant to listen…!§!

I love your website !§!

Alexandra

November 29th, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Welcome, Alexandra! Glad you like the website and thank you for the kind words. 😀

I can’t wait to get the HBP DVD along with the ultimate editions. Unfortunately we still have a little over a week to go here in the US! 🙁

Carolyn
November 29th, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Biceps do not lie Rupes!

Quotidias
November 29th, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Maybe Rupert means he’s not really sporty, because he definitely is looking pretty athletic there! And thank you, Emma, again, for not only sinking the H/Hr ship again, and saying why R/Hr work as a couple, but also talking up Rupert’s HBP scenes and how much she enjoys working with him. Good girl!

November 29th, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Oh yeah, Emma gets what makes R/Hr work. The fact that Ron makes her lighten up and Hermione makes him buckle down. They feed off each other well. Essentially they complete each other. 🙂

manda1
November 29th, 2009 at 9:59 PM

I can’t wait to see the interaction in DH! I can’t wait to see the kiss what Emma said in one interview it sounds passionate and loving because of the camera angles. I also can’t wait to see them married and see Rupert being a daddy.

Rupert does have some amazing biceps, thighs, stomach everything! He does play alot of golf and since he has that big, huge house and it has alot of property he probably does alot there. He’s definitely an outdoor person. I know I would love to see him on a four wheeler that would be so sexy!

FugitiveStar
November 30th, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I wish more guys I knew were as *ahem* non-athletic as Rupert is. 😀

And I love it when Emma fangirls Rupert. She’s got good taste, that one.

Linda
November 30th, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Not athletic my (large) rear!! We’ve seen you shirtless Rupert…..If you’re not athletic, then you’ve got some fantastic genes!! 🙂

Alexandra
December 2nd, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Your welcome !§!

It’s true, it’s along for you, again one week…!§!