Exclusive: Interview With Writer Julie Halpern

30m4vvq
Exclusive: Interview With Writer Julie Halpern

November 6th, 2009, 7:29 AM– While you are hopefully still enjoying the new Wild Target still featuring Rupert Grint, we can now share with you an exclusive interview with writer Julie Halpern!

As we already told you back in August, Julie mentions Rupert Grint in her new book Into The Wild Nerd Yonder as the main character’s crush.

Click here to read our interview with Julie Halpern about her book, Rupert and Harry Potter!

You can also find a review of Julie’s book here on our latest edition of Grintastic, and order the book here.

To Rupert’s Army: Don’t forget to keep voting for Rupert at the Portrait Awards!

18 Comments to "Exclusive: Interview With Writer Julie Halpern"

November 6th, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Thank you, Julie!

And fingers crossed that Rupert will reply to the books you sent to him πŸ˜‰

Louise
November 6th, 2009 at 7:45 AM

is it just me or is the whole story a bit weird?

November 6th, 2009 at 7:51 AM

No, the story is quite funny. It’s about a teen girl who is figuring out who she is. And admires Rupert. πŸ™‚

Ivana
November 6th, 2009 at 8:06 AM

I’ve ordered the book, can’t wait to read it! Fingers crossed we won’t have any more postal strikes here. :-///
Another thing I’m really really really looking forward to:
SHERLOCK HOLMES!!!
[img]http://mos.totalfilm.com/images/n/new-sherlock-holmes-character-posters-190-75.jpg[/img]

Carolyn
November 6th, 2009 at 8:27 AM

“I think Rupert is a much cooler person to be a fan of than so many young stars of today”

Amen! She seems really nice. And the way she descibed getting into Rupert sounds like my story. Well, here’s to all around pleasant guys. πŸ˜€

Julie H
November 6th, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Thanks again! I just have to add that the Peeps diorama was for a contest that I had with my students to make a Peeps diorama about a book around Easter time. I don’t just sit around turning Peeps into Weasleys πŸ™‚

Gracinha-Brasil
November 6th, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Rupert Grint is fantastic!i love Rupert!forever!!sucess..Julie!!

Jo
November 6th, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Awesome! Thanks so much Julie. You are super talented and I wish you the best success with this book. Rupert will be thrilled I am sure once he discovers this. πŸ˜‰

November 6th, 2009 at 9:50 AM

“Plus, I think Rupert is a much cooler person to be a fan of than so many young stars of today.”

Best.Quote.Ever!! Yay for Julie!! ^^ I hope your book does well in the market πŸ™‚

November 6th, 2009 at 10:10 AM

‘I don’t just sit around turning Peeps into Weasleys.’

Don’t worry, Julie, it wouldn’t be a problem if you did so!! πŸ™‚ I would love it if here in my country people made dioramas with candy πŸ˜€ I guess if I did a peep diorama, some of my characters would vanish without trace… XD

Nia
November 6th, 2009 at 12:14 PM

“I’m torn between Barrett, the really cool, sweet, sympathetic older brother, or Henry, the dorky love interest.”

I agree with both choices. But because Rupert seems way too much like Henry, I’d rather him play Barret. It will be more of a challenge. I adored the book Julie! Thanx^_^

November 6th, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Great interview, Karo! I can’t wait to read my copy. Currently I’m reading The Blue Bloods and I don’t want to get the genres mixed up in my head. LOL

Quotidias
November 6th, 2009 at 6:41 PM

I need to tell our school librarian about Julie’s books. Not only do they sound great, but she’d probably love to have a Chicago author’s books on the shelves of a Chicago high school!

Val
November 6th, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Love the interview!! I want to read the book πŸ˜€

Michelle
November 6th, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Thanks, Julie! I need to order it, Karo’s review has intrigued me. πŸ˜‰

Linda
November 6th, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Great interview! It looks like I have another book on my “must read list” after I finish Dan Brown’s latest!

Amu
November 8th, 2009 at 11:02 PM

β€œI think Rupert is a much cooler person to be a fan of than so many young stars of today”..Thanks Julie…:-)

Best Quote Ever about Rupert….In my Opinion….
Now I HAVE TO READ THE BOOK!

VerΓ΄nica
November 17th, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Julie is so adorable! πŸ˜€ And she’s a librarian,since i’m studying to be one,i loved that! πŸ˜€

The interview is great,i got to own this bookand she talks about Rups in such a lovely way! πŸ™‚ Her Peeps diorama of the Weasley family is LOVE,i want one! <3

Thanks ICM!