Rupert Grint: Deleted Scenes From Half-Blood Prince!

28km3yo1
Rupert Grint: Deleted Scenes From Half-Blood Prince!
September 8, 2009, 6:45 AM–This morning several HP sites are reporting that BBFC (The British Board of Film Classification) has revealed the full list of deleted scenes which are about to be added to the soon-to-be-released Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD. There’s a total of eight deleted scenes (total running time: 6 minutes 31 seconds), and three of them either feature Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley, or are Ron-related:

00:01:04:08 (“HARRY, RON & HERMIONE DISCUSS THE VANISHING CABINET” (SC. 118-119))
00:00:40:08 (“HARRY JOINS RON, HERMIONE AND GINNY IN THE COMMON ROOM” (SC. 140))
00:00:42:16 (“HARRY AND HERMIONE DISCUSS RON AT ASTRONOMY TOWER” (SC. 142))

Hmm, looks like we’ll be getting less than two additional minutes of Rupert — not worth getting too excited about imo, but what do you think?

36 Comments to "Rupert Grint: Deleted Scenes From Half-Blood Prince!"

Laura
September 8th, 2009 at 7:39 AM

Major failfest.
*Another* shitload of HHr. And HHr discussing Ron wtf? Yeah because HHr talk about him behind his back. Anyway nothing remotely exciting. Moving on.

Ivana
September 8th, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Me and Karo share your opinion 100%. Six minutes worth of material, they could have easily included it in the movie. Then again, since there are no major Ron scenes, I dont care.

Laura
September 8th, 2009 at 7:54 AM

I’m so done with these films. I’m going to be glad when all the films have come out and that I won’t be given this shit anymore.
I’ve got my awesome HP books and my Rupert acting. That’s all I need.

ahem….

Pffff!!
September 8th, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I second Laura!!!!!!! Can’t wait to see HP finally over and Rup finally moving on.

manda1
September 8th, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I agree with you guys!! these deleted scenes are the biggest disappointment! I am so ready for HP to get done and over with and I’m ready for Rupert to spread his wings! rupert doesnt need this shit he gets shafted all the damn time! Rupert is the most truest most brilliant actor there ever was and he deserves better

Laura
September 8th, 2009 at 9:27 AM

I also remember phoenix (imbd) showing a bit of the script that included the discussion of the vanishing cabinet and yeah you guessed it. The conversation takes place between HHr. *rolls eyes*

TALLEY
September 8th, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Well I’m still enjoying the movies. I’m still excited about HP. I still love Ron. Yes I maybe disappointed and maybe even a bit peeved that we as fans of Rupert and Ron that we don’t get more of him, but I’ll be still buying the dvd and looking forward to seeing what is there.

DKG
September 8th, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Better something than nothing, i s’pose.

Carolyn
September 8th, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Agreed Talley. 🙂

Rozali
September 8th, 2009 at 10:39 AM

I want to smack the people who decided to make these films an H/Hr lovefest. I can’t wait for Rupert to work with people that actually want to see him on screen.

September 8th, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Harry Potter and the Cinematical Failure.

I WANT CHERRYBOMB AND WILD TARGET!!!

galadriel12
September 8th, 2009 at 11:07 AM

To be honest, I’m not surprised. They never had good deleted scenes on the dvds.

H/HR discussing the vanishing cabinet with Ron in the background, another H/HR bonding moment on the tower, Ron sitting in the background when Harry joins Hermione and Ginny and him in the common room. No loss that these scenes have been cut out.

September 8th, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Disappointing, yes. But I still love HP. I always separate everything otherwise you just get mad. What’s the point? You can’t change it. So I just enjoy what I have. What I hate more is that there is *always* an R/Hr scene. I thought for sure Yates would want one included on HBP. The only director not to was Newell, and I’m pretty sure he disliked R/Hr.

That said, the Blu-Ray version is always best. I can’t wait to see what’s on that. The problem with the WB is they can’t quite figure out what makes them popular and how more goodies on a DVD, especially deleted scenes that people WANT, is more important. They should follow the lead of Disney, man… they always rock with the extras.

September 8th, 2009 at 11:44 AM

but Disney wanted to make HP an animation, and that way we wouldn’t have gotten Rupert.

And as much as I’m okay with some of the changes (leaving our minor characters, etc), what they’ve done with Ron is more than I can seperate. filmRon is not at all bookRon. The most vital parts are missing.

Jo
September 8th, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Enjoy what you have Tao? Hmmm I guess if you truly enjoy the films and don’t mind the fact that Ron is tossed aside again then yeah… but there are some of us who just don’t like it and I am one of them. I won’t spend a dime on this!

Luckily HP’s days are now numbered!!!!!!!!!

HASSAN
September 8th, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Disappointed? maybe not … but I must admit I expected more scenes “lovely” between Hermione and Ron, and Ron-Lav…
I can not regret… apart my dvd in the nearest blockbuster…

andreaW
September 8th, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I’m mad. It’s like they are challenging our patience.

I tried but I just can’t enjoy the movies and the books separately. It’s fine if they cut some scenes or add some details. What’s not acceptable is they changed the characters. I’m not sure if movie Ron is still the Ron that we know and love from the book when they distorted the character too much. If not for Rupert’s acting, Ron would have totally failed and I would never be able to watch the movies. THEY LITERALLY RUINED IT!!!!

And I agree with those who are thankful that HP days are now numbered.

Rupert and Ron both deserve more than this!!!

TALLEY
September 8th, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I’m sorry to know some of you have such negativity towards HP. This is what Rupert likes and has helped him become a star. He has gotten friends from this who are, I have no doubt, life long friendships. He’s gotten respect from critics and fans and I know at least Yates appreciates Rupert despite the lack of Ron in the films. I don’t feel Ron’s is so pushed to the side that he is in the same realm say, Seamus or Dean. But I do agree this H/Hr was pushed too much and JKR should’ve put a stop to it if she could’ve. Doesn’t stop me from liking HP movies. And just my opinion, Ron is one of the most beloved characters of the films. Kids are always talking about Ron and saying he is their favorite. So IMO Ron isn’t ruined but he’s not the Ron I would’ve wanted depicted in say CoS and PoA which are the two I feel made people lose the character’s true qualities. LOYALTY AND BRAVERY

andreaW
September 8th, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I think it’s easy to understand why kids like him in the movies. Movie Ron is funny and lovable. Most of the scene of movie Ron made you laugh because of his humor. But Ron is not all about humor relief. Ron is more than that. He’s brave, he’s loyal, he might be short temper sometimes but he has a big heart to understand and to love people around him.
If they had somehow respected the characters, Rupert would have had more chance to show the world how talented he really is. I’m thankful that HP brought Rupert to us. But that’s all!

Masha
September 8th, 2009 at 3:02 PM

yeah, the list of deleted scenes is a bit disappointing: I hoped to see the R/Hr moment in the Diagon Alley and the scene with the trio before Harry’s departure. oh well…
still, the lack of Rupert in deleted scenes means that he was good in his scenes and almost all of them we’ve seen in the film ))

Newer Comments »