Happy 21st Birthday, Rupert Grint!

rup21bdaycopy

August 24, 2009, 7:24pm–As any die hard Rupert Grint fan knows, Rupert was born on this day, August 24th. Since it is after midnight in the UK he has now turned the ripe age of 21! Why is this so special? Because now in the states, Rupert can legally drink and gamble! If you remember when Rupert was promoting Driving Lessons we learned that his father, Nigel, had to keep grabbing drinks out of his hands because of the age limit here!Β  So now, when Rupert promotes Wild Target and Cherrybomb (hopefully that will be soon!), he won’t have to worry about anyone grabbing a drink out of his hand. And then he can head on over to Las Vegas and have some fun on the slots.

On a serious note, it has been fun watching Rupert grow up. I didn’t get to be a fan right when the Harry Potter movies came out. He was 15 by that time. But it has been fun watching him go from this young teenager to this gorgeous, on the inside and out, young man. And I think we all plan to watch him go from a young adult to a seasoned actor middle age and beyond adult. πŸ˜‰

You can leave your birthday greetings to Rupert in the comments and we will send them to him! Our special treat includes four amazing drawings by Lilly (which you can see here, here, here and here); and the gorgeous graphic used in this post is by our very own Val!

UPDATE: Rupert says thanks for the birthday wishes. He has lots of work tomorrow, and they’re heading back from V Festival. Best wishes from Rupert! Rupert also mentions stopping by sometime soon so everybody on your best behaviour. πŸ˜‰

UPDATE 2:Rupert made more comments from the V-festival. Among them are his feelings about Oasis having to pull out of the festival. The Sun.

“I’m gutted. I was looking forward to Oasis. It was going to be the highlight of my weekend.”

Well Rupes we hope you still had a good time and hope you get to see Oasis sometime soon.

UPDATE 3: More reports have surfaced from the V Festival, and according to BBC Rupert said that Amy Winehouse’s performance was a highlight:

“They were doing their usual set and she came on in Ghost Town and everyone went crazy. She was on good form.”

The article is a accompanied by a hilarious photo of Rupert with his horse head mask, which can be seen in our gallery here! And, according to this source, the attempt to hide behind the mask was unsuccessful because the fans recognised his T-shirt and his legendary US flag chucks! πŸ˜€

Thanks Marite!

164 Comments to "Happy 21st Birthday, Rupert Grint!"

Pat
August 24th, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Happy, happy 21st birthday Rupert! You are an extremely talented man who brings such joy to so many. Stay as adorable as you are both inside and out…never change for anyone or anything. You are perfect just as you are! Cheers to you and wishes for many, many happy years ahead. Love and happiness always.

Raelee
August 24th, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Happy birthday! Hope it’s a good one. Have fun being with parts of the Deathly Hallows. It’s gonna be great! =D

-Raelee

Andyye
August 24th, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I LOVEEE YOU SOO MUCH RUPERT YOU’RE AN AMAZING
ACTOR AND REALLY REALLY CUTE! LOVE YOU!
SWEET 21! I WISH YOU HAVE THE BEST DAY

your fan,
Andyye

gummy_eater
August 24th, 2009 at 8:10 PM

happy birthday rupe! xD you are my most favorite ginger man ever! wish you all the best in your 21st buffday! =D

julia
August 24th, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Happy birthday Rupert, have a good 21 st birthday love you.!!

Anonymous
August 24th, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Rupert, I’m so proud of you and happy to be your fan. We have learned so much about you in the past eight months, that every chance we get to see you in an interview, you just keep getting that much better in the way you present yourself and in what you say. Don’t ever be afraid to tell it like it is or speak the truth, we’re all behind you, always. You’ve shown us all a side of you that we all knew from the beginning, but you’ve proven to us that we’ve been right all along.

And don’t listen to the nay-sayers, you’ve got the passion, drive and talent to make it as an actor, after Harry Potter. Wether your in Europe or in the States, on the big screen or on a stage, I’ll always be there to cheer you on. Always go for it, Rupes, go for it hadcore and without apology. We all believe in you.

Happy 21st birthday Rupe!

Peace and Love

Happy birthday, Rupert! Hope it’s a good one πŸ™‚

Mary!
August 24th, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Happy Birthday, Rupert!

AlySSMarEE
August 24th, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Happy Birfday Man! Your Finally the Legal age here Its a good good time! I hope you have as many sweets you Want for your BIG day!Talk to your friends chill out for a bit and just… Drink xD! Best of luck and dont forget a special dance for your Birthday. I dont know i dance on my birthday!

“Get on your dancing shoes
There’s one thing on your mind
Hoping they’re looking for you”-Arctic Monkeys “Danceing Shoes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY πŸ™‚ x

yer hawt πŸ˜€ x

Oh my god it’s Curtis.

Raquel
August 24th, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Happy birthday Rupert!!!!!
I’m so happy for you. I wish you the best day ever!
Make sure to do me a favor paaaaartay paaaartay and party
hard you deserve it.I wish you the best success in your
career, but you wont need it because your vey talented.
If your ever in the states make sure to hit up Las Vegas
it’s hella fun you’ll like it. much love

Lixel
August 24th, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Happy Birthday Rupert! I wish you’d come and stay in/around New York/New Jersey some more. You’re finally legal here, anyway! Have a great 21st birthday, and never let anyone let you down for even a second; you’re a handsome young man with an extraordinary career in front of him.
Keep calm and carry on! πŸ˜€
– Ky

Moshbydefault
August 25th, 2009 at 12:54 AM

hope you had the best birthday!!

(sorry i comment alot LOL)

MrsRonaldWeasley
August 25th, 2009 at 5:37 AM

I said it about a billion times ..
& i’ll say it again ..
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUPERT ALEXANDER LLOYD GRINT ILOVEEEEYOU SO MUCHHHH & I HOPE YOU HAVE MUCH MORE TO COME !!!! πŸ™‚
With much love ,
Forever & aLways ,
Your Future Wife xo .

gauri
August 25th, 2009 at 7:29 AM

With lots of love, this message comes 2 say u’re wished the joys u so deserve especially 2day….. & may the days that lie ahead be extra-nice 1, 2o, filled with all the happiness thought 2 come 2 u. !! happy birthday !!

Love
Gauri

Ana Carolina
August 25th, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Rupert congratulations you are very
happy!

Love you you’re too
‘m his fan too you’re the best!

Love you
Brazil
Ana*_*

Ana Carolina
August 25th, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Rupert congratulations you are very
happy!

Love you you’re too
much his fan too you’re the best!

Love you much
Brazil
Ana

Ana Carolina
August 25th, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Rupert congratulations you are very
happy!

Love you , you’re too
much his fan too you’re the best!

I love you!!!