Happy 21st Birthday, Rupert Grint!

rup21bdaycopy

August 24, 2009, 7:24pm–As any die hard Rupert Grint fan knows, Rupert was born on this day, August 24th. Since it is after midnight in the UK he has now turned the ripe age of 21! Why is this so special? Because now in the states, Rupert can legally drink and gamble! If you remember when Rupert was promoting Driving Lessons we learned that his father, Nigel, had to keep grabbing drinks out of his hands because of the age limit here!  So now, when Rupert promotes Wild Target and Cherrybomb (hopefully that will be soon!), he won’t have to worry about anyone grabbing a drink out of his hand. And then he can head on over to Las Vegas and have some fun on the slots.

On a serious note, it has been fun watching Rupert grow up. I didn’t get to be a fan right when the Harry Potter movies came out. He was 15 by that time. But it has been fun watching him go from this young teenager to this gorgeous, on the inside and out, young man. And I think we all plan to watch him go from a young adult to a seasoned actor middle age and beyond adult. 😉

You can leave your birthday greetings to Rupert in the comments and we will send them to him! Our special treat includes four amazing drawings by Lilly (which you can see here, here, here and here); and the gorgeous graphic used in this post is by our very own Val!

UPDATE: Rupert says thanks for the birthday wishes. He has lots of work tomorrow, and they’re heading back from V Festival. Best wishes from Rupert! Rupert also mentions stopping by sometime soon so everybody on your best behaviour. 😉

UPDATE 2:Rupert made more comments from the V-festival. Among them are his feelings about Oasis having to pull out of the festival. The Sun.

“I’m gutted. I was looking forward to Oasis. It was going to be the highlight of my weekend.”

Well Rupes we hope you still had a good time and hope you get to see Oasis sometime soon.

UPDATE 3: More reports have surfaced from the V Festival, and according to BBC Rupert said that Amy Winehouse’s performance was a highlight:

“They were doing their usual set and she came on in Ghost Town and everyone went crazy. She was on good form.”

The article is a accompanied by a hilarious photo of Rupert with his horse head mask, which can be seen in our gallery here! And, according to this source, the attempt to hide behind the mask was unsuccessful because the fans recognised his T-shirt and his legendary US flag chucks! 😀

Thanks Marite!

164 Comments to "Happy 21st Birthday, Rupert Grint!"

French
August 24th, 2009 at 5:31 AM

Happy Birthday to Mr Grint for 21ans

I so Happy for You

French
August 24th, 2009 at 5:55 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MR GRINT !

Ivana
August 24th, 2009 at 6:13 AM

Happy birthday Rupert!!!! *throws confetti, opens champagne, takes a sip*
I hope you’ve already received the gifts sent to you by the ICM staff on behalf of all fans gathered here. We all love you very much, and if you ever need a confidence boost, just drop in — you’ll find nothing but unconditional love, respect, admiration and appreciation here!!!
*hugs*

Isabella
August 24th, 2009 at 6:14 AM

Happy Birthday Rupert Grint, you are the most amazing ginger in all the world 🙂 i love all of your films and hope that one day i will meet you properly, i was at the HBP Premiere and you signed my book, that must have been the best day of my life 🙂
i love you! xox

Reva
August 24th, 2009 at 6:19 AM

Happy Birthday Rupert !!!
May all your wish come true
Love you

August 24th, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Did his father have to grab drinks out of his hand when he was promoting Driving Lessons?? I didn’t know it. Poor Rupert!!

I wish you all the best in the world, Rupert 😀 I’m so proud of being your fan and I look forward to support you in your future projects. And I hope there are many many good projects to come for you, and we your fans will we awaiting them eagerly. Happy 21st Birthday, Rupert!! 😉

rose3
August 24th, 2009 at 6:46 AM

Happy 21st Birthday Rupert! Please don’t forget to make a wish and best of luck for the future buddy! You are the most talented young actor out there today! May you always be happy!

Brunda
August 24th, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Wish u many many many more…happy birthdays

Hope
August 24th, 2009 at 7:12 AM

our ron is now at last 21!! wow seems like it only yesterday he was that cute as a button little boy we saw in SS. Now look at him, a young man now. Congrats Rupe You’ve made it sweetie. Happy B-day from the Carolinas.

manda1
August 24th, 2009 at 7:34 AM

That’s horse mask is so so hilarious!! of course rup will get recognized his famous american chucks lol! i wear one pair of shoes until it falls off my feet, i have like 5 pairs of chucks i love them so much! rup, i hope you are having a fabulous birthday on set today with a big birthday cake on top of that!

Karina
August 24th, 2009 at 7:40 AM

Rupert, I really like how you do your job. I also think you’re the best actor ever. You do really well in Harry Potter and Driving Lessons. And you red head is so pretty. I adwire you ‘ cause you have big talant. Thanks for making me happy when I see you on the screen;)
Happy Birthday, man!!!!!
С днем рождения(greetings in Russian)

Jess
August 24th, 2009 at 7:55 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUPERT!!!
Come to America and drink now haha
My birthday was yesterday so i hope you have as much fun as i did!!!
LoVe JeSs<3

Lilly
August 24th, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Sorry, but I need to add something to my comment, after reading this post and the comments many times.

I think it’s basicly about how now, you are responsable for all your acts in every country of this “little” world, by being now 21 years old.

Now, you are a man!

And I’ll take the risk of to be repetitive by quoting John Lennon again, who said more or less this about drugs (and alchool is one of the most terrible of them):
“I tried to find answers for everything using drugs, but I only found them looking inside of me.”

I really hope that you have fun in your life, but enjoy most the freedom and the responsabilities your turnning age is giving to you today in the pleasures the specials skills you have can bring to you.

Nothing in this world will give you more satisfaction than do what you were born to: to be an actor!

And we, by your joy in to be everyday better and better on your work will “be drunk” by your tallent! 😉

It’s not just one more comment of someone that could be your mother. I’m only saying this because I LOVE YOU, but I think you must have figured this out by now. 🙂

Oh, and happy Birthday again!

Cinderella
August 24th, 2009 at 8:21 AM

May you have the happiest birthday possible dearest Rupert! 😀
I believe you’re one of the most promissing young actors out there and I’m really looking forward to seeing you blossomming more & more as an actor and achieving more & more success with every new birthday!
You’re absolutely my best fave celeb, cause you represent the greatest image for a celeb IMO indeed, you seem so humble, down to earth, grounded, generous, kind, smart, funny, adorabely shy and all together a very very fine human being! 🙂
May you stay like this for all your upcoming many many many birthdays! :-*
Happiest birthday again! 🙂

WJo
August 24th, 2009 at 8:22 AM

^well said Lilly, I agree…have fun but stay safe 🙂
that pic his so funny, and of course the fans recognized him lol any fan would recognize that tshirt and chucks anywhere…and those thighs too 😉

Carolyn
August 24th, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Ivana- that was such a sweet and sincere post. I loved that. And Bonnie- I’m proud to be his fan, too. 🙂

galadriel12
August 24th, 2009 at 10:07 AM

A very very happy 21st Birthday, dear Rupert! Of course I wish you all the best, health and happiness and may all your wishes come true. May you get all the good jobs you are dreaming about (I would love to see you play a bad guy too 😀 )

And thank you so much for your wonderful work up to now. I know there will be lots more. And thank you for being such a wonderful person that makes me so proud to be your fan too. This is your fourth bday I’m following as a fan, btw.

And since you speak some German here are my birthday wishes again, I’m sure you understand 😉

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag, mein lieber Rupert. Ich wünsche Dir alles nur erdenklich Gute, Gesundheit und Glück. Auf dass alle Deine Wünsche wahr werden.

Tindy
August 24th, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Happy 21st birthday Rupert! Can’t believe your already 21. Time does fly. Hope you will have an amazing day today and have lots of fun! You just keep doing the great work as always and I hope you will have an amazing career ahead of you 😉 Well, I’m sure you will have, ’cause you are amazing actor, especially in comedy 😉

Lots of love from here,