Happy 21st Birthday, Rupert Grint!

rup21bdaycopy

August 24, 2009, 7:24pm–As any die hard Rupert Grint fan knows, Rupert was born on this day, August 24th. Since it is after midnight in the UK he has now turned the ripe age of 21! Why is this so special? Because now in the states, Rupert can legally drink and gamble! If you remember when Rupert was promoting Driving Lessons we learned that his father, Nigel, had to keep grabbing drinks out of his hands because of the age limit here!Β  So now, when Rupert promotes Wild Target and Cherrybomb (hopefully that will be soon!), he won’t have to worry about anyone grabbing a drink out of his hand. And then he can head on over to Las Vegas and have some fun on the slots.

On a serious note, it has been fun watching Rupert grow up. I didn’t get to be a fan right when the Harry Potter movies came out. He was 15 by that time. But it has been fun watching him go from this young teenager to this gorgeous, on the inside and out, young man. And I think we all plan to watch him go from a young adult to a seasoned actor middle age and beyond adult. πŸ˜‰

You can leave your birthday greetings to Rupert in the comments and we will send them to him! Our special treat includes four amazing drawings by Lilly (which you can see here, here, here and here); and the gorgeous graphic used in this post is by our very own Val!

UPDATE: Rupert says thanks for the birthday wishes. He has lots of work tomorrow, and they’re heading back from V Festival. Best wishes from Rupert! Rupert also mentions stopping by sometime soon so everybody on your best behaviour. πŸ˜‰

UPDATE 2:Rupert made more comments from the V-festival. Among them are his feelings about Oasis having to pull out of the festival. The Sun.

“I’m gutted. I was looking forward to Oasis. It was going to be the highlight of my weekend.”

Well Rupes we hope you still had a good time and hope you get to see Oasis sometime soon.

UPDATE 3: More reports have surfaced from the V Festival, and according to BBC Rupert said that Amy Winehouse’s performance was a highlight:

“They were doing their usual set and she came on in Ghost Town and everyone went crazy. She was on good form.”

The article is a accompanied by a hilarious photo of Rupert with his horse head mask, which can be seen in our gallery here! And, according to this source, the attempt to hide behind the mask was unsuccessful because the fans recognised his T-shirt and his legendary US flag chucks! πŸ˜€

Thanks Marite!

164 Comments to "Happy 21st Birthday, Rupert Grint!"

AJ
August 24th, 2009 at 2:00 AM

HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY, RUPERT!!!

Here’s hoping for a fruitful and sucessful future!!!!

W*7*PG
August 24th, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Happy birthday!!
Wishing you for the best in your careers!
I will always support you wherever you are and wherever I am!!

Aida
August 24th, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Rupess!
Happy 21st birthday!!
Spend a great time along with family and friends, of course with no excess ok? LOL just kidding. Free to go!

Keep just the way you are, as we love it from the bottom of our heart
and never change!

“FELIZ CUMPLEAΓ‘OS!!”

Sincerely your always Rupertholica!

Sarvenaz
August 24th, 2009 at 2:39 AM

Happy 21 Birthday Rupert!!!! πŸ˜€
I hope you have a lot of fun celebrating with your family and friends,
you really are an inspiration to everyone and you’re such a great person and you always make people laugh! I wish you all the luck, happiness and success that this world can offer because you truly deserve it. You will always have the love and support of your fans no matter what because your an awesome person inside and out and because it’s impossible not to love you seriously who can resist ?!? haha
I hope you get lots of presents! πŸ™‚

Love,
Sarvenaz

Malene
August 24th, 2009 at 2:42 AM

Happy Birthday Rupert πŸ˜€
21 already?? Time is flying so fast, but it’s been quite the experience seeing you turn into the young man you are now – I’m sure the years to come will bring just as much fun πŸ™‚

I can’t wait to see Cherrybomb, Wild Target, Deathly Hallows and more importantly all the projects that await you in the future – we’re following you every step of the way and will always support you πŸ™‚

Have a great day,
Lots of love from Denmark πŸ˜€

Sarin
August 24th, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Dear Rupes,

Wish you the happiest birthday!!! As we say in Armenian…Shnorhavor Daretardz!! You bring people so much joy, as well as inspire us all to be such a loving and beautiful person as yourself. Wish you all the best love!!!

Sarvenaz
August 24th, 2009 at 2:46 AM

Happy 21 Birthday Rupert!!!! πŸ˜€
I hope you have a lot of fun celebrating with your family and friends,
I hope you get lots of presents! πŸ™‚

Love,
Sarvenaz

[img][/img]

Moshbydefault
August 24th, 2009 at 2:49 AM

back again LOL
I wish ICM had text updates LMAO! that would be so amazing!
but i love ICM just the way it is. =)

HOPE YOU’RE ENJOYING YOUR B-DAY SO FAR RUPES

Sarvenaz
August 24th, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Happy 21 Birthday Rupert!!!! πŸ˜€
I hope you have a lot of fun celebrating your birthday with your family and friends,
you really are an inspiration to everyone and you’re such a great person and you always make people laugh! I wish you all the luck, happiness and success that this world can offer because you truly deserve it. You will always have the love and support of your fans no matter what because you’re an awesome person inside and out… and because it’s impossible not to love you seriously who can resist ?!? haha
I hope you get lots of presents! πŸ™‚

Love,
Sarvenaz

Moshbydefault
August 24th, 2009 at 2:51 AM

I bet we’re gonna hear about Rupes getting something absolutely ridiculously cool for his B-day like a friggen second ice cream van or something :p

Stephanie
August 24th, 2009 at 2:53 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Sarvenaz
August 24th, 2009 at 2:54 AM

umm i accidently submitted my message 3 times sorry!

francaise3
August 24th, 2009 at 3:02 AM

I have no doubt he is having a blast birthday on the set! And getting crazy gifts! πŸ˜€

Tanya
August 24th, 2009 at 3:14 AM

Hello Rupert!
Happy Birthday!
I hope, that it will be your the best
Birthday in your life πŸ™‚
Just stay so positive and optimistic!
Good luck! XD

Lilo
August 24th, 2009 at 3:26 AM

How much good wishes are addressed to Rupert! I had a few tears:’) Dear, want you to become the most lucky person on the Land, after all who as not you this deserves?! Yes, never have no doubt in itself and your own possibility, be itself, merry and… and the coolest boy in the world!! In that minute, when you will be sad, know; aware that you not one – although we and don’t know you persisting, but we shall always love you, ALWAYS!
Yes, you never will read this congratulation, and damn, from this terribly sadly… But I from whole soul hope that presently you have a good time now – and from THIS thoughts we become a little happier, knowing that YOU are happy)))

I’ll love u more than my bf, I think! You r awersome, Rupert Grint!!!

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday, dear Ruuuuupert,
Happy birthday to you!!!

We believe in you!!! And we shall always love you, ALWAYS!:*

AndreaW
August 24th, 2009 at 3:31 AM

Hello Rupert,

Happy birthday, or as we say in Vietnamese: ChΓΊc mα»«ng sinh nhαΊ­t!

21 marks a big change in your life, I hope you enjoy it and have wonderful time with your family and friends. I remember sometime ago, you expressed your insecure about your future acting career after HP. Don’t be πŸ™‚ I guess you know why after reading all our love for you. We love you, because you’re not only a talented actor but also a young man with a big heart. We’ll follow and support you whenever and wherever you are πŸ™‚

Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and Live to the fullest! Wish you all the best in your career and your life. Simply, because you’re worth it! πŸ™‚

AndreaW sending love from “under sea level” πŸ˜‰

Karina
August 24th, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Happy Birthday, Dear Rupert!
You’re 21 today! Big man πŸ™‚ I wish you lot’s of live and happines. Hope all you dreams would come true.
Love and best wishes
Karina

We Love You Here In Russia!!!!!!

Mary
August 24th, 2009 at 4:28 AM

Happy Birthday. Rupert!!!))) I love you!!!)))

Mary
August 24th, 2009 at 4:43 AM

Dear Rupert))) Happy Birthday,our sun=))) I love you very much=****

Christine
August 24th, 2009 at 5:29 AM

Happy Birthday Rupert! I’ll wear my Keep Calm & Carry On shirt today in honor of you <3

« Older CommentsNewer Comments »