Happy 21st Birthday, Rupert Grint!

rup21bdaycopy

August 24, 2009, 7:24pm–As any die hard Rupert Grint fan knows, Rupert was born on this day, August 24th. Since it is after midnight in the UK he has now turned the ripe age of 21! Why is this so special? Because now in the states, Rupert can legally drink and gamble! If you remember when Rupert was promoting Driving Lessons we learned that his father, Nigel, had to keep grabbing drinks out of his hands because of the age limit here!  So now, when Rupert promotes Wild Target and Cherrybomb (hopefully that will be soon!), he won’t have to worry about anyone grabbing a drink out of his hand. And then he can head on over to Las Vegas and have some fun on the slots.

On a serious note, it has been fun watching Rupert grow up. I didn’t get to be a fan right when the Harry Potter movies came out. He was 15 by that time. But it has been fun watching him go from this young teenager to this gorgeous, on the inside and out, young man. And I think we all plan to watch him go from a young adult to a seasoned actor middle age and beyond adult. 😉

You can leave your birthday greetings to Rupert in the comments and we will send them to him! Our special treat includes four amazing drawings by Lilly (which you can see here, here, here and here); and the gorgeous graphic used in this post is by our very own Val!

UPDATE: Rupert says thanks for the birthday wishes. He has lots of work tomorrow, and they’re heading back from V Festival. Best wishes from Rupert! Rupert also mentions stopping by sometime soon so everybody on your best behaviour. 😉

UPDATE 2:Rupert made more comments from the V-festival. Among them are his feelings about Oasis having to pull out of the festival. The Sun.

“I’m gutted. I was looking forward to Oasis. It was going to be the highlight of my weekend.”

Well Rupes we hope you still had a good time and hope you get to see Oasis sometime soon.

UPDATE 3: More reports have surfaced from the V Festival, and according to BBC Rupert said that Amy Winehouse’s performance was a highlight:

“They were doing their usual set and she came on in Ghost Town and everyone went crazy. She was on good form.”

The article is a accompanied by a hilarious photo of Rupert with his horse head mask, which can be seen in our gallery here! And, according to this source, the attempt to hide behind the mask was unsuccessful because the fans recognised his T-shirt and his legendary US flag chucks! 😀

Thanks Marite!

164 Comments to "Happy 21st Birthday, Rupert Grint!"

Moshbydefault
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:17 PM

LMAO i know ! me too hehe

In all seriousness Rupes…You have inspired me since day one and i have no doubt that you will keep the inspiration going! We all love you so much here at ICM and i hope your birthday is as Fabulous as you want it to be! Hopefully some day in the future I’ll even get a chance to meet you formally 😀

have a good one!

Cherie
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Happy Birthday, Rupert! Make sure you take some time to have fun for your 21st!

🙂 Cherie

manda1
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Plus, you are an amazing, brilliant actor who is the next George Clooney and you brighten my day up every single day and your smile makes me smile it’s very contagious. You deserve the very best in life and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Keep Calm and Carry on!!! Have the best 21st b-day!!!

Buckeye419
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Happy 21st Birthday Rupert!

destiny
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:21 PM

haha
I don’t feel like an old creep anymore!
happy birthday!!!

manda1
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I hope one day I will get to meet you formally also, which it’s my dream.

love,
Ashley aka. (manda1)

WJo
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I just want to say that Rupert, I’ve been a fan of you for probably around 5 or 6 years now and I’m so proud of that, because you are an amazing actor and person and you deserve all the happiness in the world. It is very rare to find someone as special and awesome as you and you will always have our support.
Happy 21st Birthday! I hope you have loads of fun today and I can’t wait to see all of your future work.
You Rock!! 🙂

Joana

sabrina
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Manda1 (ashley) and I will hoepfully have our dreams come true 😀

*Thinks positive* *crosses fingers*

:p

manda1
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I’m crossing my fingers to Sabrina it will be wicked to meet him, there’s so many questions I would love to ask him, just talk to him.

FugitiveStar
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:35 PM

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !!!

You beautiful, beautiful man!

Now that you’re legal in the U.S., drinks are on me the next time you’re in L.A.! 😉

DarthKathyGrint
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:38 PM

One, two, three, four
Happy, happy birthday
from all of us to you

We wish it was our birthday
so we could party too

Happy, happy birthday
May all your dreams come true

We wish it was our birthday
so we could party too!

– Birthday Song from “Emperors New Groove”

Wow, 21 already?!?! Geez, the time has flown, hasn’t it?
I hope everything will do great for you, with your upcoming projects and whatnot. And that you will celebrate with enough ice cream that you get sick of it, for at least a month or two.
Will you wear a horsemask tomorrow as well? That was the biggest laugh i had this weekend, and you are just a natural when it comes to make people smile.

And since your last birthday, you have been through a lot, and people praised your work in not only HBP (Which i think, was your best work in HP so far) but also in Cherrybomb. And you proved the naysayers that you can do anything than act as a bumbling sidekick(… once again, never forget ‘Driving Lessons’ heh!)

Umm, a short summary of my long comment: YOU.ARE.AWESOME.THE.END.

Happy 21st Birthday Rupert and May the Force be with you!

Rozali
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Happy Birthday, Rupert!
Make sure to have an amazing time on your 21st! You deserve it.
I wish you the best, in your career and in everything else. Keep your head up! And remember that you are loved and supported by many.
Cheers!!

JESSICA
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:38 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUP!!!
WE ALL ARE SO PROUD OF YOU AND REALLY HAPPY YOU’RE TURNING 21, ENJOY NOT ONLY THIS DAY BUT EACH ONE OF YOUR LIFE =).

HUGS, KISSES AND LOTS OF LOVE FROM A MEXICAN FAN GIRL! xD

Moshbydefault
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I keep commenting as mosh & sabrina lol oops..

Yali
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Hello Rupert
Congratulations in your Birthday, I’m hope that You have an excellent day and you enjoy with your favorite persons, sorry the grammar but i don’t know very well english, my best wishes from Acapulco Mexico and here when anyone celebrete your birthday they sing this song.

Estas son las mañanitas que cantaba el rey david
hoy por ser dia de tu santo te las cantamos feliz.
Despierta, mi bien despiera, mira que ya amanecio
ya los pajaritos cantan, la luna ya se metio.
(This is the good morning that the David King sang,
today is the day of your birth, we sing happinnes,
Wake up, sweet wake up, look the day breaking down,
the birds are singing, the moon get out.)
I hope that the traduccioin is ok, jaja.

Jo
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Yeah definitely feel free to leave messages in your native tongue if English won’t work for you. I mean Rupert will appreciate it either way. 😉

Martina
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:57 PM

If i was living in the UK, HAPPY BiRTHDAY RUPERT GRiNT! 😀

April
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Happy birthday Rupert! You’re… you… you’re awesome. 🙂 Wish you all the best in life! Have fun. We’re right behind you, always. Much love!

Lilly
August 23rd, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Rupert,
I hope you have a wonderful time, and although you’ll pass this day working, I’m happy for you, because I know you’ll be doing the thing you love most to do in your life: to act.

I don’t know if Ivana sent to you the message I wrote to come together with the four drawings I made for you, which, by the way, I hope you like, so I’ll post here again:

“Life is what happen to you while you’re busy making other plans.”
John Lennon

As you’re getting older you also learn that sometimes life looks like a great mosaic made from little moments, people and things you love, all of them put together and forming who you are.
Although we’re apart by many things, different countries, cultures, languages, life stories, age and so on, I like to think that you and I have some parts of “our mosaics” formed by the same pieces: our love for this character, Ron Weasley, for art, music, movies and these girls from this site, Ice Cream Man, that support your career, working everyday to bring it to many fans and are great real friends of mine.

My first idea for my gift of this year, was to draw all the photos that were taken for Blag magazine, but unhappily life also makes you leave by its way lots of things you planed.
I think they are the blank spaces of the “mosaic”, where we couldn’t find the right piece to fill it, or even pieces lost with the passing of time.

These drawings I finished, look a little different of what I use to do. I made them while I was rediscovering a great artist that I admire, Dave McKean, a comic illustrator that has been working for a long time with the wonderful writer, Neil Gaiman.
I made them by his influence but, of course, in my way and capacity.
All of them are handmade, using different techniques: pastel, gouache, dry watercolor pencils.
Funny that while I was working, I discovered that this artist collaborated for the conceptual art of “Harry Potter and the Prisioner of Azkaban” and “Goblet of fire”.
Another common piece we have.
The lyrics I used came to me always with some relation with you.
Just one of them, “Good Riddance” by Green Day appeared at my iPod, while I was working and typed the world Life.
I made a “little change” and I think it turned perfect for a guy that is completing 21 years old.
Perfect to add to these drawings that I hope you could have with you, forever, as part of your “mosaic”.

Another turning point;
a fork stuck in the road.

Time grabs you by the wrist;
directs you where to go.

So make the best of this test
and don’t ask why.

It’s not a question
but a lesson learned in time.

So take the photographs
and still frames in your mind.

Hang it on a shelf
of good health and good time.

Tattoos of memories
and dead skin on trial.

For what it’s worth,
it was worth all the while.

It’s something unpredictable
but in the end is right.
I hope you’re having the time of your life.”

Happy Birthday!

Lilly”

[img]http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/526/11111blagtimeofyourlife.jpg[/img]

Jo
August 23rd, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Lilly no worries we will be sending this over once everybody has been able to send their well wishes. 😉

« Older CommentsNewer Comments »