Happy 21st Birthday, Rupert Grint!

rup21bdaycopy

August 24, 2009, 7:24pm–As any die hard Rupert Grint fan knows, Rupert was born on this day, August 24th. Since it is after midnight in the UK he has now turned the ripe age of 21! Why is this so special? Because now in the states, Rupert can legally drink and gamble! If you remember when Rupert was promoting Driving Lessons we learned that his father, Nigel, had to keep grabbing drinks out of his hands because of the age limit here!Β  So now, when Rupert promotes Wild Target and Cherrybomb (hopefully that will be soon!), he won’t have to worry about anyone grabbing a drink out of his hand. And then he can head on over to Las Vegas and have some fun on the slots.

On a serious note, it has been fun watching Rupert grow up. I didn’t get to be a fan right when the Harry Potter movies came out. He was 15 by that time. But it has been fun watching him go from this young teenager to this gorgeous, on the inside and out, young man. And I think we all plan to watch him go from a young adult to a seasoned actor middle age and beyond adult. πŸ˜‰

You can leave your birthday greetings to Rupert in the comments and we will send them to him! Our special treat includes four amazing drawings by Lilly (which you can see here, here, here and here); and the gorgeous graphic used in this post is by our very own Val!

UPDATE: Rupert says thanks for the birthday wishes. He has lots of work tomorrow, and they’re heading back from V Festival. Best wishes from Rupert! Rupert also mentions stopping by sometime soon so everybody on your best behaviour. πŸ˜‰

UPDATE 2:Rupert made more comments from the V-festival. Among them are his feelings about Oasis having to pull out of the festival. The Sun.

“I’m gutted. I was looking forward to Oasis. It was going to be the highlight of my weekend.”

Well Rupes we hope you still had a good time and hope you get to see Oasis sometime soon.

UPDATE 3: More reports have surfaced from the V Festival, and according to BBC Rupert said that Amy Winehouse’s performance was a highlight:

“They were doing their usual set and she came on in Ghost Town and everyone went crazy. She was on good form.”

The article is a accompanied by a hilarious photo of Rupert with his horse head mask, which can be seen in our gallery here! And, according to this source, the attempt to hide behind the mask was unsuccessful because the fans recognised his T-shirt and his legendary US flag chucks! πŸ˜€

Thanks Marite!

164 Comments to "Happy 21st Birthday, Rupert Grint!"

August 23rd, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Sorry about that… we’re all ready to go. Wish Rupert a happy birthday!! πŸ™‚

Happy 21st Birthday, Rupert! From everyone who works on ICM. Now you can come to the states and legally drink and gamble. πŸ˜‰

Laura
August 23rd, 2009 at 7:59 PM

[img]http://i31.tinypic.com/2ze9tfn.jpg[/img]

Happy birthday Rupert! Have a good one. I’m sure the cast and crew will have a big cake at the ready for you tomorrow.

August 23rd, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Happy Birthday, Rupert!

A toast with my Magners. Imported from Belfast πŸ™‚

manda1
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to Rup!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!
And many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have alot on set tomorrow and enjoy a huge birthday cake!!!!!!!!!!!! plus put ice cream on the side!!!

Jo
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Happy Birthday gorgeous!!! We love you! I’ve been through 5 birthdays with you, yay, you’re now legal here in the states.Thanks for taking the time to reply and let us know you’re having a good time!

suzeeq
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:03 PM

HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY RUPERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*drinks a strong margarita in celebration of your b’day* πŸ™‚

manda1
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Also, I’ve been through 6 birthdays withy you, we’re close to age! Right now as we speak I’m eating a cake for you and alot of ice cream! I’m glad you had a good time and you are unbelievably gorgeous!!! LOL!

Val
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Rupert I wish you the best in this new year of your life. Thanks for being such a great guy with us! We love you so much!! Enjoy your day! Cheers! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! πŸ˜€

Laura
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:07 PM

*reads message from Rupert* Oh my……I’ll have to desperately restrain myself now *lmao*

Moshbydefault
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:07 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUPES!!!!!!!!!

HAVE FUN<3!! AND STAY SAFE
love you =)
Now you can party it up with us in the states!

manda1
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I agree with you Laura, I will have to also! I’m kinda of like oh my god right now, lol!

Moshbydefault
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:09 PM

yeah, Rupes we want you to come here!
=)
I hope i know when he stops by so i dont miss it =)

Kirstin
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:09 PM

happy twenty first rupes! this will be four birthday i’ve celebrated for you, and i can’t wait for more! stay safe and gorgeous (as if that’d be hard) and don’t wear yourself out on the dh set, go have some fun! we’re all behind anything you do in life, and i certainly know i love you lots. wishing you all the love california has to offer,

kirstin

Moshbydefault
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I am too, MANDA1 !

=D

manda1
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:11 PM

I agree with you when he comes by I hope I won’t miss it, I will probably pass out, lol!

Andrea
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Happy Birthday Rupert!
I don’t know how often you’re told this, but just looking at you can cheer a person up. There are so many times I’ve just looked at you and smiled because I know that you are such an amazing person who has so much to offer. You are truly inspiring and brilliant in everything that you do. I hope you have a great birthday!

xoxo

VerΓ΄nica
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Happy b-day my baby! You deserve all the love and hapiness of this world,we love you so! A lot of positive energy,from your fans around the world that love you inconditionally! You’re really important in our lives and we believe so much on you,so believe on yourself! πŸ˜‰

Cookimonstress
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Hi, Rupert!
Happy 21st Birthday! I hope it’s a good one. Have fun and party hard, my friend!…Oh, and eat lots of cake and ice cream! πŸ˜› *goes to have ice cream to celebrate your birthday*

Love you!
Morgan

TA
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day.

fleur
August 23rd, 2009 at 8:16 PM

well… i posted in the wrong comment so… again a really happy 21 ‘s birthday Rupert i wish you all the luck you need to have a long and happy carriere (if you still want to be actor) otherwise, i wish you all the success you need to do what you want in your life because you really deserve it ….

and remember: Keep calm and carry on…. πŸ˜€

Newer Comments »