ICM Exclusive: Daniel Radcliffe And Warwick Davis Talk Rupert Grint!

ig9nqg
ICM Exclusive: Daniel Radcliffe And Warwick Davis Talk Rupert Grint!
July 13, 2009 at 12:35 PM– Rupert Grint and his Harry Potter co-star Daniel Radcliffe were both interviewed on the Today Show during the Half Blood Prince premiere weekend in New York. ICM was lucky to steal a few moments alone with Dan before he went in for his interview and we received some amazing feedback on what he thought of Rupert’s performance and future after Harry Potter ends. Tom Felton fans will be happy to know Dan gave him a bit of praise too!

“He is amazing,” Dan said… This film belongs to Rupert Grint and Tom Felton.”

We decided to tell Dan about Rupert’s comments on being uncertain how it would pan out for him after HP and he said that what Rupert said is rubbish! (Really Dan?! ;)) He said that Rupert was talking without thinking! Funny!! (Thanks Dan!) He then said that Rupert wants to keep acting. We have part of it on our youtube here. You may also view our photos from the show at our photobucket here.

Warwick Davis who plays Filius Flitwick in Harry Potter also answered the same question saying that Rupert had absolutely nothing to worry about and that he would receive many many good scripts during his career because he is the natural talent people look for.Β  We uploaded it on our channel here.

We also spoke to Rupert and asked about Wild Target and discovered that, just like Cherrybomb, there was already interest in casting him for the role. Rupert said that he did see the original and the the remake is quite similar. I also teased him a bit and said that we heard he spoke French in the movie. He was going to answer me before I told him we were just kidding.Β  πŸ™‚ We have some of it on film via our youtube channel here. We also have some more video footage of Rupert and Dan on our photobucket page here. There will be a bit more in the coming days.

ICM also had the opportunity to view Half Blood Prince at the World Premiere and we will put up our review on the 15th. Until then I can say that it really was a great film and Rupert/Ron fans will be pleased. As Dan said and as the reviews show us, it was his film!

Thanks to Nia and AJ for helping us get some great footage and pictures. More footage of Rupert in the coming days!

UPDATE: MTV Movies Blog’s Eric Ditzian has asked HP actors to name their favourite potion. Turns out that Dan, Rupert, Freddie and Tom all prefer Felix Felicis! However, David Yates voted for the love potion, and said that the funny love potion scene in Half-Blood Prince is his favorite of the entire film:

β€œRupert Grint playing Ron Weasley turns up, finds a box of chocolates, thinks, β€˜I’ll eat those,’ and they’re stuffed full of love potion. And he becomes the most tactical human being in the world. He falls in love with everything and everybody, if it’s moving or not moving. And there’s a lovely moment where he sort of hugs Jim Broadbent [Horace Slughorn] in a really romantic way, which was really charming.”

Read the entire article here.

30 Comments to "ICM Exclusive: Daniel Radcliffe And Warwick Davis Talk Rupert Grint!"

Val
July 13th, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Im still squeezing cuz he did recognized you!! awwwwwwwww Jo it melts me every time i see it, that smile!!! hahaha great great job girls!! Really *bows*

I like that the question was about WT! Sometimes I think maybe thet get tired to be asked same stuff.
And Dan… oh Dan Dan… great guy you are!!

*back to work πŸ™ *

galadriel12
July 13th, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Awwww, of course he recognized you, Jo. And I feel he’s extra comfortable because he knows you are on his side 100% and ask all these good questions and not always the same. Too bad, I would’ve loved to hear him talk French. With his talent with accents, I’m sure he would be perfect. πŸ˜€

And I loved what Dan had to say about Rupert. Loved that he really took the time to answer your questions and all of that in the midst of that frenzy.

And Warwick Davis is such a lovely guy too.

Lilly
July 13th, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Jo, the most famous Rupert’s fan in the world!
He gave you such a sweet smile girl!
I know it must be crazyness the vibe around the red carpet, but it was wonderful you asked him something different and he showed with that smile he was happy to see you there, someone that was there not for the movie but for him!
And I bet he’s already doing some rehearsals to tell you in the next time “Je te aime” ! πŸ˜€

And Dan, the man!
How sweet he was!
I’m glad to see that he and Rupert both enjoyed so much this promotion time.They were really happy and I think Dan was even more attentious with the fans than never!

I loved what Warwick said, too! “He doesn’t have to do so much but in the screen he’s doing a lot” yeah we know what you mean! πŸ˜‰

FugitiveStar
July 13th, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Aw, I think Rupert was going to try to say something in French. I bet he could, too! And every new interview or picture of him that’s been coming out these months, he just takes my breath away with how handsome he is. Great interview, guys.

Warwick Davis is so cool. He’s too humble about his role, I love Flitwick! And I’m sure he’ll be great in DH as Griphook as well.

And Dan. What a great guy he is. I just love him to death. If I ever hear anybody say another mean word about Dan, I’m gonna hurt somebody. πŸ˜›

Hplover
July 13th, 2009 at 1:48 PM

You know, i think Rupert has no haters! πŸ˜€

Pat
July 13th, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I think Dan Radcliffe is a sweetheart. How could you not like him; his energy is infectous. I truly appreciate his comments on Rupes because I think Dan is the type of person who wouldn’t sugarcoat things – he says ’em like he sees ’em. I honestly think he is a huge fan of Rupert’s talents as the rest of us.
And as for the ever adorable Mr. Grint – God, I’m glad I’ve never seen him in public, I wouldn’t be able to restrain myself from grabbing him and hugging him!!! I appreciate him for who he is more and more every day. Just love that man!

Vanessa
July 13th, 2009 at 2:22 PM

OMG! “See you later!” I love that he knows you. He loves you, Jo!!

jo
July 13th, 2009 at 2:35 PM

You guys are tooooo much! πŸ˜‰

wickedjo
July 13th, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Loving dan right now, it was so cool how he just said those things so matter of factly, like “You know, he IS amazing in this one” and all that
Warwick was very cool too.
I love that Rupert was actually, seriously thinking of something to say in French, he’s so cute always trying to make the fans happy:D but he looked so relieved and amused when you said “just kidding!”

jo
July 13th, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Warwick was so cool man. It was a pleasure meeting him.

Carolyn
July 13th, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Jo, Jo, JoJoJo. He sooooooooo recognized you and his face just lit up. What a bunch of sweet looks he had in that short clip. He was gonna do the French acent, but looked relieved when he didn’t have to. Amazing. And Dan looked so sincere when he said, “Rubbish”. He looked really good, too. And Warwick Davis seems like such a lovely, sincere man. Keep ’em coming gals.

Masha (Himera)
July 13th, 2009 at 2:58 PM

seriously, Jo, Rupert’s face lit up with joy when he saw you )

and, of course, it’s so cool to hear such sweet things about Rupert!

francaise3
July 13th, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Oh he totally recognised you! πŸ˜€

Vanessa
July 13th, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Of couse!! “good to see you… see you later” He wants you in his bed, Jo! πŸ˜‰

jo
July 13th, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Stop!!!!!!!!!! LOL. OMG you guys crack me up.

Ivana
July 13th, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Just added an update. David Yates is a Rupie Groupie too! πŸ˜€

wickedjo
July 13th, 2009 at 3:53 PM

LMAO Vanessa πŸ˜€

July 13th, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Ivana! πŸ™‚ Where’ve you been all day?!

And who isn’t a Roupie groupie?!

Ivana
July 13th, 2009 at 4:00 PM

I had my final PhD panel today (sort of a mock-viva for my thesis) and I passed it successfully! Then went to celebrate, and now I’m back home. πŸ™‚

July 13th, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Yay! *hugsIvana*

So shall I go get a drink to celebrate?

Newer Comments »