Rupert Grint Talks His Favourite Bands!

Rupert Grint Talks His Favourite Bands!
July 12, 2009, 5:46 AM–Good morning Rupert Grint fans! I have a special treat for you today. The Observer Music Monthly has just published their exclusive interview with Rupert, who talked about his favourite music genres, bands, musicians etc. Get ready for some memorable quotes, such as:

Johnny Rotten had good hair, didn’t he?”

(on punk) “I love the madness behind it. The craziness, the passion. And the whole anarchist thing is quite cool.”

“I’ve bought albums simply because I like the look of the sleeve, like the Dead Kennedys’ Frankenchrist.”

The interview is accompanied by an amazing photo of Rupert, so without further ado view the high-res scans in our gallery here.

27 Comments to "Rupert Grint Talks His Favourite Bands!"

July 12th, 2009 at 6:04 AM

Fierce photo! πŸ˜€ Loved the interview!

July 12th, 2009 at 6:23 AM

LoL. That pic is awesome. Quirky and funny, just as Rupert likes it. πŸ˜€

July 12th, 2009 at 6:26 AM

OMG, he knows the Longpigs. No one I know has heard of them. lol I love Richard Hawley’s solo stuff.

I love this interview and yeah cool picture of Rupert. The camera loves him. Cool picture.

July 12th, 2009 at 6:51 AM

I totally squeeed when I saw the pics. And I love all his recent interviews, he’s such a character. :)

July 12th, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Just love a very confident Rupert now :)

July 12th, 2009 at 8:50 AM

All of this attention. I am going to explode. Is this really happening??

July 12th, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Yes, it is Jo. It’s is late because the media is so slow (or blind? ) to recognize how wonderful Rupert is. Now they open their eyes and suddenly see the light :)

July 12th, 2009 at 9:09 AM

That picture of him scares me though, in a good way. He looks crazy and hot!!!!1 I love it. Thanks Ivana!!!!!!! I have to say his tastes in music are really unique lol.

July 12th, 2009 at 9:21 AM

He’s emulating the Sex Pistols spirit I believe!

July 12th, 2009 at 9:33 AM

I love that picture of Rupert! πŸ˜€

July 12th, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Totally agree Ivana. Also I see the Dead Kennedys in that pic.

July 12th, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Aw man, I gotta catch up on all the Rupertness. :) This is a too cute picture!

July 12th, 2009 at 10:52 AM

No love for Neil Young. Never heard of him and gave his song a big old X! πŸ˜€ Sigh…our quirky little Rupert.

Masha (Himera)
July 12th, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I’m listening to songs from Rupert’s iPod right now ))

July 12th, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Loved the interview. I was checking youtube for Rupert vids and found this video of a fan who got to meet Rupert at the NY premiere, seems like Rupert was the only one of the cast who signed autographs after the premiere. I absolutely love him for that, he’s always so good with the fans! πŸ˜€

EruditeWitch aka Sam
July 12th, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Doesn’t know Neil Young!@?!?!?! I’m almost hurt! As a folk music freak, I feel Neil to be essential. I hope he gets himself some of that soon.

And Tom Petty while you’re at it, dude.

July 12th, 2009 at 1:04 PM

He was Stephanie. He came out and signed autographs and waved to the fans. He’s fantastic. I only saw a couple of others come out but I can’t remember if they were all HP… I know Chevy Chase came out and left, and some crew, but I can’t remember now if any other cast members did. I definitely didn’t see Dan or Emma or Tom come out at the time we were waiting around.

July 12th, 2009 at 1:10 PM

That pic is made of all kinds of awesome!!! I wonder if he’s ever seen “Sid and Nancy”?

I can’t read the article on my phone, I need to find a computer pronto!!

I’m so happy that he’s finally showing his personality, idon’t know, maybe he was afraid to show it before. Anyway, I freakin love it, man!!!

July 12th, 2009 at 1:46 PM

HAHAHAAHHA Neil Young got shunned! xD
And that pic is beyond adorkable!

July 12th, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Ahh! Look at that tiny guitar!!!!

July 12th, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Is so funny that he doesn’t know Neil Young! hahaha

Anyway,that picture is beyond awesomeness,i loved! Is like he’s saying: “I rock,Yeah!” LOL or something like that…Rupert + punk is one of the most perfect mixes ever :)

“All of this attention. I am going to explode. Is this really happening??”

Me too Jo,i’m loving this,it seems like a old wish came true… πŸ˜€ \o/
About time,damn media!

July 12th, 2009 at 8:15 PM

London Calling is really an excellent album, probably one that should be on anyone’s Top 10 Greatest Albums list.

Reading this made me put on My Bloody Valentine, which I haven’t listened to in a while. I’m surprised Rupert hadn’t heard of them, I think he’d like them. Les Savy Fav, as well, who do live shows that have to be seen to be believed. Really crazy, but great!

July 12th, 2009 at 9:35 PM

THIS PICTURE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember being the first one here, talking with Ivana, to say he could be a great Johnny Rotten in a movie and that is the proof!
Just need a make up for the theeth! πŸ˜€

Now I’m really confused. I could be Rupert’s mother but he also could be a member of my “gang”!!! πŸ˜€
Hahaha, I remember exactly the time when we found out Sex Pistols and me buying The Clash’s “London Calling”!

But oh no, Rup!!!
My, my , hey, hey, you don’t know Neil Young?
What a shame, boy!
But it’s ok, but “keep on rocking in a free world!” πŸ˜€

August 11th, 2009 at 2:39 AM

ahh the streets. this makes me love him even more. lol =]

September 22nd, 2011 at 11:53 PM

The page cannot be opened. I want to see :'(

December 13th, 2011 at 4:12 AM

i love you rupert

December 22nd, 2012 at 9:43 AM

ouch! i want see this note, please upload again :(

Newer Comments »